Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: King Cobra is Now Open!  (Read 4182 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
King Cobra is Now Open!
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
The new King Cobra slide at Hurricane Harbor is now open! We hope to have some pictures and feedback on it for you soon!

Have any of you been on it yet?

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: King Cobra is Now Open!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »
Hope?

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 07:49:49 PM »
Hang on I need to do a few crunches and push ups, and then starve myself for two days just so the nazis won't deny mr the ride.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:58:09 PM »
Hang on I need to do a few crunches and push ups, and then starve myself for two days just so the nazis won't deny mr the ride.

Just eat lightly a few days before!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 05:38:01 PM »
Needless to say, the couple of days notice for the media event wasn't enough for any of us to make arrangements with work.  On top of that, the ride has crazy rider restrictions.  Besides the single rider only rule which kills capacity, there is a 200 pound weight limit for those single riders.  I somehow doubt Polin will sell many more of these in the states if they can't work out these crazy restrictions.  Also, after checking it out yesterday in person for the first time, I was shocked out how small it actually was.  Looks really cool though.  I still plan to visit it at some point though and will give my opinions.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 09:35:15 AM »
I have three waterpark lifeguards that come in my store after work every night. They wouldn't elaborate but they say alot of people are getting scraped up and injured on this new slide. :( They flat out said it's dangerous...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 10:33:32 AM »
Interesting. Perhaps that was the reason the state held up its certs?  Maybe the single rider and weight limit restrictions were put in place by the state after issues were discovered?

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 10:44:20 AM »
Well whatever it was, they werent talking! Can't say i blame them since they could get in trouble. :(

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
I guess if I plan to hit this slide, I need to cancel my plans to keep (attempting) to bulk up this summer and stay stick-like. 200 pounds is crazy.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 08:55:29 PM »
200 pounds is crazy for a lot of people , the slide was shipped with double tubes and now they are not being used ! I was wondering if the weight thing has to do with the fact it is so small ! I did notice on the one visit I made to HH this season that it was a small ride ! I would hope to make it back to HH this season to see it in action !

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 09:09:14 PM »
400 lb limit for a double tube would be reasonable. But 200 lb limit is too low. I really hope they get people to check before they wait in an hour long line.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 10:38:10 PM »

200 and single tube only does make me think this has more to do with the momentum you might gain in a double tube with the size of the slide.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 10:41:29 PM »
That drop is STEEP! 50 degrees on a water slide is like a vertical drop, and you're carrying a good chunk of speed going into that drop beforehand.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 12:44:51 PM »

200 and single tube only does make me think this has more to do with the momentum you might gain in a double tube with the size of the slide.

I agree .. I also say that it was a design issue as well . I am thinking that anyone over 200LBS is moving too fast and has the chance to hit the back of the cobras head . If you watch some of the video on you tube it looks as if lots of people were really high into the cobras head . These people did not look that heavy weight wise either !

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »
I have never been unable to ride a ride I really wanted to. I almost wish I was dying to ride this cobra so I could get motivated as 190-200 lbs is my ideal weight.