Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Random Photos and quick notes on opening day.  (Read 6192 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Random Photos and quick notes on opening day.
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:39:19 AM »
Waiting for the parking lot to Open  :shock:

New credit card ticket machines

Me and one other person at Batman

Chair swings /Flying Wave  Rehab

El Toro

New restraints on RMT.

last one

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 10:09:52 AM »
Darn you and that White Castle ... ;)

Park looks good. They didn't do the cake thing at SFMM ... oh yeah, you have to have Gardens for that.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:13:05 AM »
How come they werent running all three trains over on medusa? Wasnt that suppose to be the way management was going to run things or was there just not a need to run the 3rd train?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 10:18:29 AM »
Kingda Ka, Medusa and Nitro all have 1 train remaining for rehab.  Basically, the last train isn't really needed so why not have all of the major coasters open instead of 3 trains on 2 and the others closed.

Both of chillers trains are done as are Batman, Superman and GASM (though the 3rd was partly through parts of Shockwave) so 2 (and 3 on Ka) is a good balance with crowds this early in the season.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 10:26:48 AM »
Tell me there is a White Castle out side of the park now. Oh pleeeeaseee. Had it last night actually, it was heaven.

I love when Batman has no lines.

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 10:50:11 AM »
I just walked on scream machine. Last night was the first time I saw it working 3 trains in a couple years or so. I had a great day. I started out on KK then it was scream machine followed by the parachutes. The wait for pass processing delayed me an hour , then it was off to nitro. After nitro it was medusa then of course Runaway train. The fireworks show last night was the best I ever saw. I can't forget the little meet up under medusa with you guys :wink: It was great meeting everyone.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 12:22:57 PM »
No White Castle outside the park, but there IS one a few minutes off of Exit 28 of 195 on Route 9 north in Howell!
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 12:35:12 PM »
It was fun meeting everyone that showed up last night.  Hopefully we'll all bump into each other more this season.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 01:09:59 PM »
How were the crowds  ??
Yo

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »
It seemed pretty lite . I think most people stood in line for Season pass processing or KK.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 08:39:13 PM »
OK, well I didn't get to see anyone at the meeting places as with 6 kids a grandparent and over an hour on line at guest relations with getting season passes processed with my letter it was a pretty tame evening for us.

We did get into the park and walked over to KK. It was an hour wait but the thing wasn't even running and they were having issues with it. We decided it was a long season and didn't need to wait.  Went over to Gk with the little one, and the big kids went to Superman.  Not too long of a wait and they were off. We walked around saw Batman, Robin, Green lantern and Wonder woman.

Next , we went over to Nitro and the wait looked long but off the kids went with hubby. We did get a parent pass (parent swap) while at GR and did use it for Nitro it worked fine and I did use it only for that. I was very happy to see it work and in place  :D  :D .

The staff was a little confused but did know about it. After that went over to the other side again to process the passes it was around 10 ish and the line was much lighter now . After passes we went to walk around the BBNP. Very, very nice can't wait to see it all up and running next week.  We then went over to medusa which was a walk on.  Parent swap wasn?t needed and then on to RMT. I did not ride but the kids really like it. They said it feels roomier with the new restraints. All in all it was a god first trip. I would like to see GR with a shorter line.

ET looks amazing and I can't wait for that to open. EVERYONE I spoke to that was working was extremely nice. Almost to an annoying point but very glad to see that. I can say about 25 people asked me how my day was and the guy at GR apologized for the wait at GR he said it should get better as they get more training. He was brand new and very nice.  And when leaving saying goodnight and safe home all very nice I was impressed and will be even more impressed IF ALL the nice touches last through the season.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »
Today was even better.  We spent most of the day there and operations were even smoother.  Much of the GR line on Friday night was the result of that sticker for SP parking (more on that later. Do not fear!  Do not worry!)  Basically all of BBNP was open except for the train and the water tower.  The kids LOVED it :).

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 01:05:39 AM »
Today after the rain was great !!  7 laps on RMT today, Chuga Chuga Choo Choo !   2nd day of the season and I've been on that ride more times than the last 3 season  :shock:  I also ran into Di today , it was nice seeing you out with your son as well. Other things included today were the Tea cups , a nice storm , Magic shows every where, A statue Mime guy , jugglers, and a 4 piece band playing in front of Character cafe.

I also fit in a small dip n' dots  while watching we got the beat , followed by a really good magician all at the Wilderness theatre. The rides in BBNP were still all wet so I that's when Hannah (my daughter) decided to take her first ride on RMT and turned it into a marathon run getting those seven laps in.

Great day, not as fun as the screaming lady at KK or security putting the smack down on our  meet  Friday night, but right up there. I do apologize if I embarrassed anyone, or am I  :wink:.

*edit .. I also went thru the safari

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 10:37:39 AM »
I noticed many "Disney like" details if you will.  The park did an excellent job this year so far, with the characters, and the parking lot trams.. and the characters walking through the lines!
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 07:05:58 PM »
It was good to see you guys Friday night And, a few in passing Saturday! The boys loved BBNP for the most part (Pictures coming soon!) but, the big news is that my 8 year old rode Medusa, Batman The Ride and, Nitro! I am so proud of him! I know he won't ride KK but, maybe by the end of the season he'll warm up to the idea lol. Mine Train was quite a bit more tolerable for my 6 rides yesterday with new lapbars. I could have NEVER done that with the old ones and, the boys like the new ones better to.

We were stuck in the Justice league store during the short storm but, we were in there with the characters who were great with the helping entertain the kids. The girl op'ing Musik Express was also very entertaining and, friendly. Overall, it was a great day!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 07:12:26 PM »
What did he like the best Diana?

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 07:20:16 PM »
Quote from: "ChuckR"
What did he like the best Diana?

Can you believe this, Medusa?!! I am floored but, he keeps raving about this amazing Zero G roll that was just awesome! LMAO He did get a Medusa coaster shirt to :P He likes Nitro but enjoys Medusa just a little more. Batman The Ride made him dizzy!  :shock:

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 07:21:33 PM »
Batman does that too you :lol:

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 09:20:08 PM »
Nice TR. I was there on Saturday. I was in a black sweatshirt with blue jeans, short hair, 5'8'', and with mom who is like 5'. I rode B:TR at that time in the morning when no one was there too, I rode in back row with only people in front riding it. Overall I rode Nitro 2x, B:TR 3x, and medusa 2x in less than an hour and 15 minutes. I then went to KK at 9:45, it opened at 10, I waited for front row which was only 7-8 rides away, it had breakdowns, got on it at around 11:45, ate at Nathan's, then went home.