Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Hades will be renamed "Hades 360"  (Read 3232 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Hades will be renamed "Hades 360"
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »
Hades will be renamed as Hades 360, because Gravity Group is going to add in a new Barrel Roll inversion to the ride, right where it comes out of the tunnel out by the road. In fact that whole turn-around section of track there will be taken down and rebuilt completely. If that wasn’t enough, it will enter a 110º overbanked turn as it re-enters the tunnel on the return trip to the station. To accomplish this, Hades 360 will also use brand new themed Timberliner trains that look fantastic.
    Unlike the two other “wooden” coasters to perform barrel rolls opening in 2013, Hades 360 will be the only one to do it using a completely normal wooden coaster track experience, so no steel topper track here.

http://youtu.be/VIrBxgSrTSI

http://youtu.be/9UY-UZ4f_zM
Yo

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: Hades will be renamed "Hades 360"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:05:27 PM »
So 2013 will be the year of the Barrel Roll.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
Actually the over-banked turn is the new turnaround (after the barrel roll coming out of the tunnel). The amazing airtime hill leading from the current turnaround back to the tunnel will still be there.

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »
Topper track still rides about the same as real wooden coasters do. In fact regular wooden coasters also have steel on top of the wood in the rails. The wooden coaster feel comes from the shape of the track, the position of the upstop and sidestop wheels and the loser wheel suspension. Topper track just allows them to eliminate the increased maintenance of a wooden coaster while keeping the style. I personally think it would have been cool if rocky mountain had installed the walkways that traditional wooden coasters have. That way it would have looked exactly like a wooden coaster.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
I'm really kicking myself for not getting there before this happened :(.  Looks interesting though and I suspect it will be good.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
Me too Wade. Looks like it will be really cool though. Everyone has been saying how bad the coaster has been running due to poor maintenance so I guess this will help the ride out. Hopefully they will maintain it better after this change.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 09:16:23 AM »
I still haven't beenthere yet  :(
Yo

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 01:21:09 PM »
Y'all missed out on the "golden years" of the Dells. Not being able to ride Avalanche all day anymore is what's really keeping me from making a return visit.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »
per ride now ?
Yo

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
5 rides per wristband.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!