Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: rolling thunder removal rumor  (Read 3081 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
rolling thunder removal rumor
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:14:45 AM »
Rumor from screanscape (11/19/12) I’ve posted a few rumors lately about how parks in both Six Flags and Cedar Fair may have been asked to each pick an older coaster for possible future removal. In virtually every case so far, the rumored ride selected for future removal has been a steel coaster, but in the case of Six Flags Great Adventure, I’m hearing that the park decided to put Rolling Thunder on the chopping block. What makes this interesting, is that the location of Rolling Thunder also opens up a large piece of park property for future development, stretching all the way over to the Kingda Ka tower. Makes more sense if they want to open up a big pathway down to the Kingda Ka tower to eventually put in a giant drop ride mounted to the back side. Just a remainder… this does not mean Rolling Thunder is being removed now, or anytime soon. This is just a rumor that the park may opt to remove this older coaster at some point in the next five years or so for any number of reasons. Just a possibility… nothing more at this point.
Yo

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: rolling thunder removal rumor
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:52:20 AM »
At least Lance makes it totally clear it's nothing more than a rumor. He's also totally dead set on that 450 foot drop tower on Kingda Ka, which if you ask me is nothing more than a pipe dream now. It's been a rumor for what, 3 years now?

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »
I really hope they don't build a drop ride on Kingda Ka. They have plenty of space in the park elsewhere, and the last thing that ride needs is another ride being built on to it.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:09:45 AM »
Agreed Rob!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:21 AM »
I still wish that the old Evo pad was used for a proper drop tower. I'm not sure where I want it now. I wouldn't mind RT making way to open up the area and make Kingda Ka more of a spectator ride. I also wouldn't mind the area opening up so that the Golden Kingdom could have more than literally one ride. That BOTHERS me! I would however want a new wooden coaster built to compensate for the loss of RT. Maybe...the Jersey Devil?
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »
I still wish that the old Evo pad was used for a proper drop tower. I'm not sure where I want it now. I wouldn't mind RT making way to open up the area and make Kingda Ka more of a spectator ride. I also wouldn't mind the area opening up so that the Golden Kingdom could have more than literally one ride. That BOTHERS me! I would however want a new wooden coaster built to compensate for the loss of RT. Maybe...the Jersey Devil?

Needs more woods, toss it behind the Lone Star Arena. Oh wait that new safari ride is going there...

Toss it on top of Congo and refresh it so it doesn't look dead :D

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »
Starting in former Koala and going over Congo into it's infield is exactly where I want it.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 07:06:13 AM »
I would imagine a barge would come out and take the coaster of the ocean.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
I really hope they don't build a drop ride on Kingda Ka. They have plenty of space in the park elsewhere, and the last thing that ride needs is another ride being built on to it.
I've heard that Kingda Ka itself would be no more if this were to move forward.  Just the tower would stay which makes you wonder what else they would put back there being that it would be such a long walk!