Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Recruiting!  (Read 3749 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Recruiting!
« on: April 07, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm not sure if everyone knows, but a lot of the admins on this site have gotten that dreaded "real life" bug the past year or so and our contributions to this site have been lower than normal. Something you can probably see easily since there's no Opening Day/Weekend news post about how it was!

So with that said, we are looking to get some help with the site. We're looking for people who love Outpost and love the park, can go somewhat often, and can write well and take pictures!

If you are interested just let us know below, and if you can include a writing sample that would be great. In fact, a report on how the start of the 2012 season was this week, and what was good/bad/different, would be great!

Myself and the other admins will work on keeping the site running and all of that, but we could really use people to post news and visit the park enough to post updates. And we all definitely love photos!

If you are curious/unsure this is a fan, passion position, it's definitely not paid. There are perks, though, if you like media events :) (And can write about them!) You do have to be professional at them, though!

Oh and having Facebook would be a plus so we can keep our Facebook page updated. I'm sure Reggie would say the same about Google+ :)

And we don't have anything against the other fans sites, but it would be preferable if you are not a moderator/admin on any other Great Adventure fan sites.

We'll let everyone know who we pick after we talk about who applies!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:21:17 PM by jglonek »

Offline vinnyv07

Re: Recruiting!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »
  I wish I didn't have two jobs and so little time in my life. I love Great Adventure and visit the park about 25 times a year. My family and I were at the park this past Friday and had a blast riding the coasters. I bumped into John Fitzgerald, the Park President, and told him how much I was impressed with the look of Sky Screamer. He asked me if I was having a good time and if I liked the price of the season pass. I thought it was funny that he mentioned that he recognized us from "around the park". I should have mentioned that I was disappointed El Toro had one train operating. There is no excuse for one of their premiere rides to have one train operating on opening weekend. I will be at the park on Thursday, and will be sure to mention it to him if one train is operating. It was fantastic to be back in the park again and I look forward to going with my family again on Thursday. Good luck with your search.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
How about Austin for this role?
Even if it is a seasonal update it would be more than we currently see.

I know he already gets some of the perks ;)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:46:14 PM »
I guess you can say he's lowkey being groomed for the role, lol
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:22:12 AM »
As a past administrator, it was a great experience and very helpful as even to this day I can use it on my resume for career building and such...

...And yes, you sign up for the job in a blood oath...Paperwork was overrated anyway
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »
How about Austin for this role?
Even if it is a seasonal update it would be more than we currently see.

I know he already gets some of the perks ;)

Not a bad idea. Di???