Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Sat - April 1st - The day after  (Read 1949 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Sat - April 1st - The day after
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:16:24 PM »
I went on Friday to get my coaster cravings out of the way.  Plus, we really didn't want the kids out that late.  So we opted to go with the entire family on Sat and waited until mid afternoon for the rain to clear.

We arrived at 2:30 and stayed til closing for the fireworks.

WOW did we have a GREAT time  :)  This was the longest day we have spent as a family in the park in a LONG time.   Why?  Operations.  The kid sections were actually staffed well enough that you didn't get annoyed and frustrated.  The light crowds from the rain probably helped to ;)

Yay!  They can ride things together this season!

I had no idea how fast this thing spun lol

This was actually one of Lukes favorite rides this day.

My wife nearly had a heart attack when I took him on Buccaneer for the first time lol

And again on Jolly Roger.  Kudos to the AWESOME op on JR.  She did a great job with keeping up the energy and we had a great time.

Sadly, many rides in LTSP were still under rehab.  But fortunately, this wasn't.

I'll post my construction pictures in a seperate update.

A few things to take note of - the parking sticker is a non-issue right now so don't get bent out of shape.  Just don't stick it to your car right now if you hadn't already done so.

The food we ate at Charactor Cafe was TERRIBLE.  For the first time ever, I was actually considering returning food.  Especially after spending $40.  It was cold, and like rubber.  Sadly, I heard simliar complaints about other locations on the same day.

The fireworks were AWESOME!  BUT, waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to many booms for being that close to them.  They actually started to hurt my hearing and they scared the crap out of the kids.  And my kids actually love fireworks after seeing the Disney fireworks 10,000 times now.  They were really good but between the metal statium and being so close, they were just too loud.

Bugs Bunny National Park is amazing!  We love it and are totally amazed how it turned out.  Hopefully they find a replacement show for "We got the beat" though because kids have no clue what those songs are.  How about some Looney Tunes!?!

Runaway Mine Train!!!  Wow what a difference.  I REALLY enjoyed it!

Overall, we had a great day.  Staff was amazingly kind and sincere and the rides were running very smoothly.  The park was also very clean (including the bathrooms).  On that note, my wife wanted to pass along that the ladies bathroom back by Kingda Ka is apparantly useless to change a childs diaper in because of the changing table placement.  Basically, its facing the long way.

I really think things are only going to get better from this point forward so be patient :)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 10:25:08 PM »
After looking at your pictures, I think it's great that we now have a kids section near every major coaster. Glad you had a good time with out me.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 10:38:25 PM »
It wasn't that hard Bubba.. I didn't even get yelled at by anybody. 8)    :lol:

I agree, BBNP's placement is perfect.  Its really nice not hauling all the way across the park for another kiddie section.  It also brought life to what was once a dead area of the park.