Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Six Flags Membership ?? Same as season pass ... just a new name ?  (Read 26065 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
So my sister is thinking of a season pass this year . She calls and asked me what membership card I had me not looking at the web site then has to go to Six Flags web site and the season passes are now Membership cards ? Are they any different then what we got at the end of last season ? It seems to have the highest membership and the platinum pass at the same level . I did notice VIP opening times for highest membership on both cards though ... Anyone hear of this new membership program ? Just wondering what I missed ?? ??? and if it is still the same as a season pass ?

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: Six Flags Membership ?? Same as season pass ... just a new name ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
Looking for a Low Monthly Payment? Try our brand new Membership Passes
They offer great value, more flexibility and feature the same in-park benefits as Season Passes.

What is a Six Flags Membership?

A Six Flags Membership is an unlimited use ticket that includes all of the benefits of a Season Pass but offers additional flexibility and a low monthly cost. Unlike Season Passes, Memberships never expire and can be cancelled any time after the first 12 months.

How are Memberships the same as Season Passes?

Memberships have all of the same in-park benefits as Season Passes -- Members receive unlimited admission to the park, in-park discounts, free admission to other Six Flags theme parks, free tickets for friends and all of the other benefits described on our Season Pass page.

http://content.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/membership-faqs/

1 to 3 Memberships (price per Member per month) 
Regular $6.84/mo
Premium $7.67/mo

4 to 10 Memberships
Regular $6.39/mo
Premium $7.25/mo

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:28:51 PM »
Just figured out my Premium pass is cheaper per month at 5.45 then the membership is WHY get the membership unless they are going to change this for everyone next season ? My premium pass at 5 passes for 5.45 a month would then jump to 7.25 ..granted it is like 1.80 but this is all going to be times 12 ! That is a 22 buck increase for 5 people next season if this happens .. The only difference I see right now is the name and not going to have to take my picture again year to year and free parking at other parks .. is there anything else I am missing ?

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 07:26:51 AM »
And the free parking upgrade will carry over year to year without extra cost.
I don't know what that means if you purchase it?

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »
Membership is new and not at all parks. They compared it to a gym membership that you can cancel at any time. I think it's a great idea.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »
It also sounds from that description that unlike a season pass, a membership doesn't require a seasonal renewal. Just keep on paying and next season stroll up. I'd take that deal just to not have to deal with the season pass processing line!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
I'd pay $8 a year to avoid that god awful line. Season Pass Processing is one of the worst rituals every year for me.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 12:17:52 PM »
I still don't have A season pass  mostly because the Parking pass is so high
but still looking for 2 season passes and parking pass
I know sometimes People get Vouchers for season passes so if anyone gets/have any to sell
let me know( i did see one on ebay may bid)
its for me and Tina and we don't go much but still like to have

Yo

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
The Membership FAQs did not indicate if a membership price would ever change so I contacted guest relations and got the following answer:

"The price will always stay the same, unless of course you cancel giving 45 days notice ( after the 12 month requirement)and repurchase."

Offline viperviper

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »
Check out the electronic signature agreement, it reads:

changes in price; after the minimum term. If the monthly payment for your membership vary in amount, you are generally entitled to email notice at least 10 days before the change in amount including when the new payment will take place and how much it will be. However you choose to instead get this notice if the price change would differ by more than $ 10.00  etc.........

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
Why doesn't it surprise me that they don't know their own products..
Where did you see this?  I assume it is when you make the purchase. Can you post a link?
I wouldn't mind sharing it with the representative that emailed me.

Offline viperviper

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »
sorry I took long to respond, yeah after you make the purchase there's an electronic signature form that you agree to and that information is on there.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »
Don't like the unknown and that seems what a Membership is giving you if the details aren't given until after you buy it.
Sticking with a Season Pass for 2014.   
Now to find 3 other people... but even at $100 it is too reasonable.

Offline usulix

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »
! DO NOT BUY SIX FLAGS MEMBERSHIP ONLINE !

I bought 5 of them almost 3 years ago.

You have to continue for the full 12 months paying each month, and then it renews month to month with a minimum 2 week cancellation notice. I was okay with that.

We went 2 or three times during the first year.

After the first year, I went to the "Membership Portal" to cancel. It was difficult... you needed your original receipt and you needed to register accounts for each card (5 in my case) before you could cancel. So, I thought... it is only $36 per month... maybe we will go back soon.

Fast forward to August of 2018 or almost $1000 later. I got serious about canceling. I stepped through a number of hoops and was told by the "Membership Portal" that I would get an email with the details I needed to submit my cancellation request. No email ever came. Add to this that my card on the membership EXPIRED about this time... but they just grabbed the new expiration date and KEPT ON BILLING!

I thought.. ok we have not been back in a long time, but maybe we can go around the first of October and after a last day.. we will cancel in person.

We did not get the chance to do that, so today I got serious.

I submitted the request again... no email.

I registered more accounts and suddenly, no cancellation option in my menu.

I clicked chat with agent... "No agents are available at this time." 

I checked my bank statement and got the billing phone number and called it. I got a recording about park hours and if you have season pass questions, visit the website at....

So I filed charge disputes with my bank and a complaint with the BBB of Los Angeles.

I liked Six Flags before this, but now I will never visit again, and I am on a mission to help get the word out that you can get hooked. This is especially sad since people who mostly get burned by this are just looking to help their kids have a good time.

Shame on you Six Flags.