Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Safari Offroad Adventure  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Safari Offroad Adventure
« on: June 24, 2013, 09:52:19 PM »
I took a second lap on the Safari on Saturday morning and really like the attraction but the wait can be atrocious.  I really think they need to pick up and move the Kingda Ka loading station over.  This definitely isn't Disney queuing theory at work here.

It is amazing is how close you get to some of the animals in the open truck.  Speaking of the trucks..one wasn't sounding so good.  They may not like all the use they are getting.  I hope they have some good mechanics on site.

I was expecting more of the Wilds story line now that it has been going for a while..but got almost none. Unless they make it different for every tour which wouldn't be such a bad idea.

They really should allow you to have the option to stay on the truck and keep the same tour guide to avoid Camp Aventura.  Camp Andvetura is still not worth a stop unless your timing is right and you want to feed a giraffe a $5 bill.  ZipLine is still a no go. 

Overall it is a very unique experience....but so was driving your car with AC through the safari.  I'm still not sure which is better.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:53:51 PM by Ogolo »

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Re: Safari Offroad Adventure
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »
I'm not surprised the wait is long. It will take awhile to get past the "I used to just be able to drive in, now I have to wait in a queue line!" mentality about it. Sure it's free now, but really the Safari was already free to a large amount of people with season passes.

I'm surprised they force you off the truck at Camp Adventura. How long is the wait if they kick you off and you want to get right back on and keep going?

Also good mechanics on site.. what park are you talking about again? :D

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
When I rode SORA last weekend, the guides were giving people the option to stay on the trucks if they wanted to. Everyone that I observed from the trucks that I saw opted to get off at Camp Adventure and explore. The zip line was also testing last weekend, so we should see that live soon, if it isn't already. I wish the giraffe feedings were a bit more open as those times are really hard to nail down if you want to participate in it.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:17:06 PM »
As far as a wait at the camp.  It can be a few trucks (~4) wait to get back on.  They do have some coke umbrellas for shade buy not nearly enough.  They also had someone with a lizard entertaining the guests in line.
Nice to hear you now have the option to stay on.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:43:03 AM »
Have the guides figured out how to say the opposite of the direction they are facing yet?  We learned to just look on the opposite side of the truck to see what they were talking about lol

Honestly, I still can't imagine trying to do that all day and I give them a lot of credit.