Great Adventure Boards > Great Adventure Chit Chat

2015 Rumors

(1/12) > >>

PcMan:
From Sceamscape  today:

"2015 - New Coaster - Rumor - (9/20/13) I’ve heard this rumor on and off ever since Six Flags Great Adventure announced that Rolling Thunder would be removed, but it seems very likely that the park will be tapped to install a new wooden coaster for 2015. Chances are, this could be a similar creation to Goliath from RMC going into the Chicago area park, but I’m not sure if that is the right thing to do. Sure, a crazy RMC is going to get people’s attention as it will thrill you and send you through inversions, but with Rolling Thunder gone, what the park really needs is just a basic classic regular wooden roller coaster experience for the smaller thrill seekers to start with before they try to tackle El Toro. Something like GCI’s great Gold Striker installed at California’s Great America earlier this year would be perfect. "

WadeJ:
Ehh. Grain of salt. My best guess would be that they might watch how the ride at SFGA is received? Either way, a mild RT like replacement is not on the horizon. Introducing a few more family flat rides is a possibility though.

Millennium Force 44:
I don't see Great Adventure building an RMC because it will directly compete with El Toro. I don't see why they would want to do that. I still think a Dive Machine would be cool, so much better than those stupid wing coasters.

WadeJ:
My thoughts exactly. Big improvements are definitely coming though. I just don't believe it will be in the form of RMC

B-mac:
I have my money on a family-esque launch coaster. They already got pretty much everything covered on the checklist, just sans one family ride.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version