Industry > Six Flags News

Biometrics Are Coming

(1/3) > >>

Steve:
From Screamscape:

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_over_texas.htm

--- Quote from: Screamscape ---(9/23/13) A document sent to Screamscape revealed details about a new biometric season pass system that was to lauch this weekend at Six Flags over Texas. (I’m not sure if it did or not however... so if you saw it, please write in to confirm.) Guests who purchased their 2014 season passes will notice the pass has changed, with the photo no longer on the card and finger scanning units to be used instead to link the guest to their card, based on the measurements of their finger. Upon returning to the park in the future, guess will then quickly scan their card and finger before entering the park. The paper Value Book coupons are also gone, instead your discount coupons will be digitally loaded onto your season pass card.
--- End quote ---

So it seems Six Flags are finally getting on the biometrics bandwagon. I am going to assume that this is a test system and if it works out it will be everywhere for 2015.

Blackhand1001:
This sounds like a disaster, not just because of the privacy concerns but because it will slow down the lines at the entrance. They finally got scanner guns at great adventure and it really sped up the process. I imagine that these machines probably won't work as smoothly as intended, especially after being used thousands of time a day.

WadeJ:
Zero privacy concerns with this. It's just a measuring tool like Disney has used since the early 90's and doesn't contain anything of value. long lines and delays.... Yes. That's a possibility lol

Seriously though, is season pass fraud that big of an issue?  I can't see them justifying the cost unless they plan to eliminate the photo on the pass. That's where the only real gain comes from.

Steve:
From having a Universal season pass and using the system first hand I can say that it is fantastic. It actually does not slow down the process at all. It takes about 5 seconds from scanning your pass to getting in the gate. Not to mention the parks down there also have a screen that has your picture in color on it. So if it seems something is wrong you have a backup.

How SFOT is going to do it? I guess we will have to wait and find out.

jglonek:

--- Quote from: Steve on September 23, 2013, 10:22:11 PM ---From having a Universal season pass and using the system first hand I can say that it is fantastic. It actually does not slow down the process at all. It takes about 5 seconds from scanning your pass to getting in the gate. Not to mention the parks down there also have a screen that has your picture in color on it. So if it seems something is wrong you have a backup.

How SFOT is going to do it? I guess we will have to wait and find out.

--- End quote ---

Clearly you haven't stood in enough Busch or SeaWorld lines to realize that some people are very, very bad at biometric scans. That combined with how bad people are with metal detectors at SFGA sounds like a disaster.

I wonder why they did biometrics and didn't just jump right to Disney's RFID's. The turnstiles need to be upgraded regardless. Not that Disney's new passes are any faster at all (used them at Animal Kingdom last week)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version