Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2014 plans??  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
2014 plans??
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:39:15 PM »
I know it's only February but I'm bored and the off season is getting to me. I've planned out a few trips for early spring already...

Early April we're be visiting Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens for a weekend trip

Late May we're taking a road trip with several stops starting at Carowinds. Then driving to Pigeon Forge for my first time to hit Dollywood and Gatlinburg for 3 days and then packing up and heading to Holiday World for 2 days for Holiwood Nights. Kings Island will be visited the day after, and then we're driving back to NJ, maybe stopping at a park on the way home or my brothers in Columbus, Ohio depending on work/time.

Late June will be Kennywood, 2 days at CP and a morning at Michigan's Adventure followed by 5 days in the Electric Forest in Rothbury, Michigan. We may stop at Hershey or something on the way back from Michigan to break up the drive.

Anyone else have any plans they're excited about?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:42:07 PM by Frissbeking »

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
Re: 2014 plans??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:00:48 AM »
Wow ambitious schedule. All I have planned is 4 days at knoebels camping.. probably something in the fall. Maybe a day trip to either waldameer or sea breeze.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:20:24 AM »
I'm currently unemployed, and won't be starting work again until July at the earliest so I figured... why not?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:21:59 PM »
The only plans I have are going to KI/CP the first week of June. With the possibility of hitting Hershey on the way back home.

Having a job with vacation days has its perks.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »
^ I'll be at KI on June 1st!

I also kind of just added a trip down to Orlando to the plans for March 16-19.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »
Orlando next week, KD/SFA something thoughout the spring, GADV whenever Zumajora opens, Holliwood Nights, KI, CP, hopefully Kennywood, and Canada's Wonderland.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:04:06 PM »
I'm wondering still if I can get to Canada with you, you'll have to give me an exact date. I wanna try to get up to Story Land and Canobie in NH since they both have new rides I haven't been on yet, might as well stop at SFNE and LC on that trip too..

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 08:27:07 PM »
Already got Orlando in last week which included all the Disney parks and fun spot with a side trip to city walk and DTD. SanFran next week will include a visit to the Disney family museum. And I have Vegas coming up in May so circus circus most likely. After that I have no clue other than I actually got six flags passes this season (unlike 2013) so I'm hopeful for a few trips outside of Jersey to get my $$$ worth and Hershey is also every August for a work function :).

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
No Plans yet but mostly local events
I got a Six Flags pass for this year so will hit it
I do need to get out a little more last few years not much
just trying to find the time

Yo

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 12:19:00 AM »
At this point I have no plans outside of Carowinds.  I lost my job in November because my new administrator felt that he wanted to rebuild the entire administration team from the ground up and although I 'did everything they've asked and am a hard worker', they wanted to go in a different direction, which meant hiring someone for far less money (and they're going to have twice the responsibility I did in a few months when they open a second building), with no experience.

Oh well.

So my current job doesn't pay enough for me to do much but Carowinds.  I'm looking for something else like crazy, and if I can get a better job, I'd like to do a few weekend trips:

Chicago
Dollywood
Kings Dominion
SFoG
and visiting my sister in Florida

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »
We all have those years... best of luck getting through it and finding a job that works for you. I lucked out in that my last lite travel year was the year leviathan opened. That really softened the blow of not getting to any new parks for me.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
Hoping to get to the new TGG woodie in New Hapshire. Otherwise Disney World is the main focus for this year, plus Knoebels of course. 

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 05:36:28 PM »
I think I posted, but my plans have since changed a bit.. 4 nights at knoebels with the whole family and camping. No Hershey side trip this time around. Just knoebels. Also great america in the fall hopefully. After that likely a day trip to martin's or waldameer. Both if I'm lucky.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 09:51:06 AM »
If you go to Waldameer, try to stop at Conneaut Lake. Could be your last chance. Amazing it's opening this year. 

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »
Yeah I should. I haven't payed any attention to that whole mess other than to know that it's a big mess. Once those people get kicked out is the park done or likely new ownership?

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 02:03:43 PM »
Matt - do you have a time of year you're thinking of going yet? Would love to ride Space Mountain with you if you're looking at late summer/early fall and further...

I get to leave for Orlando in less than one week now... I'm getting pretty pumped.

Also I may add KK to our Holiwood Nights trip, the new coaster MIGHT be ready by then... keeping my fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes crossed.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »
I think this may be the park's last shot.  Personally I don't care too
Much about the place. It's not like it's Geauga Lake. I haven't ridden the coaster since 1998 and I don't remember it being very good, but some people love it. I doubt you'd care much for it. 

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »
Disney trip will probably be over Labor Day weekend into the following weekend, but it's all tentative. 

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »
Blue streak is intriguing to me. I'd like to ride it. If I knew 100% this was it's last year I'd likely make it happen. But I wouldn't loose sleep over it.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 10:26:28 PM »
It's not far from Waldameer, so if you can make Waldameer happen, get to Conneaut for an hour. Ride Devil's Den and Blue Streak. Maybe the Flyers. I had a crazy ride on rgeir flyers-almost hit the ride op (he leaped out of the way) and hit the motor shed really hard. :)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »
Haha nice. Yeah its about an hour round trip.