Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: future coaster predictor  (Read 5551 times)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
future coaster predictor
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:45:35 PM »
Put your fortune teller hats on...

1) What park will build the next Rmc woodie

2) What garbage woodie will get RMC treatment next?

3) What non-asian park gets the next non mini GG woodie.

4) Where is the next wing rider going?

5) Next Giga, and who designs it?

6)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
Re: future coaster predictor
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:47:51 PM »
Haven't thought about my answers yet... feel free to add more categories.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:15:51 PM »
Great Adventure.
Intamin giga

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:45 PM »
I think SFoG is a good candidate for the next RMC woody. I don't think many more coasters are going to be redone by them. Maybe Boss, but if rather they just retract and retrain it.

Next wing?  Not sure if it'll be a CF or SF park.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:45:29 PM »
Mind blowing! That would be cleaver.

Not Carowinds 2015 B&M?

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:47:27 PM »
I could see Georgia getting an RMC. I pray it's mean streak. No Good guess on a GG in NA.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
SFOG has a fantastic coaster lineup. No need for any more anytime soon IMO.  They should keep GASM and Cyclone in tip top shape and add a bunch of flat rides. No need for another woodier or fake woodie.

I think Cedar Point is bound to do something "wood" in the near future, be it redoing Mean Streak or adding another coaster all together.  A killer out & back could wrap around the southeast corner of the park (Gate Keeper's lift hill). Plus there's always been talk of adding a pier.

I'd love to see them go crazy with Mean Streak and RMC it or even better, tear it down completely and start from scratch with a launched dueling woodie with inversions. :D

Just as long as they keep Magnum running for ever and ever, I don't care.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 02:09:06 PM »
Cedar point lacks a 10/10 coaster. I love Magnum, and alot of people love MF. But they don't have a Texas giant,  El toro, I305, or Voyage. Something that everyone thinks is awesome. And yes matt I know you like magnum more than half those. RMC Mean Streak just makes so much sense to me. Even though at coaster mania 2011 they said it would never happen. That was before everyone knew how well it turns out.

Darien Lake is supposedly doing predator, but I will believe it when I see it.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 06:24:20 PM »
Predator may get topper track, but I don't see Darien Lake totally changing it into a steel coaster. 

Doing something with Mean Streak makes sense, but the layout is totally lame. They should just tear it down and start from scratch.  The last thing they need is another steel coaster. 

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
I think mean streak has a lot of potential as an RMC. Am I wrong or didn't Texas giant dramatically change the layout. Rattler certainly did.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
Just don't take the mean out of Mean Streak.
It is truly a ride for the young only.
When you open after the park opens..you know your days are numbered.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 08:33:38 AM »
No, Texas Giant had a fantastic layout to begin with. The only change to the layout was the removal of the double helix (now it's just slightly less than a full 360 degrees). The profile was reshaped to make the overbank turns and to make a couple of steeper drops and squeeze in a double-up or two. But it's still very similar to the original profile.

Just to clarify, "layout" means more or less the plan view of the sequence of elements, not the vertical shape or "profile" of the elements.

You could definitely reprofile Mean Streak and make it better, but it's such garbage to begin with, you would need to tear down virtually all of the support structure as most of the hills are very rampy and/or don't even go all the way down to the ground.  It would be a much more costly upgrade than Texas Giant was.

One of these days though I will get around to trying to make my own RMC'd Mean Streak in NoLimits.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 09:20:13 AM »
Ok. That makes sense. I was definitely thinking the vertical elements could be changed to make it better. But my recollection of the layout is not good. Also I don't really know what makes a good or bad one. It's like I can tell MS is bad but I couldn't write a good essay as to why it's bad.

It's funny. My first phase as a coaster enthusiast was from 1994-1998. It basically consisted in me wanting to go to cedar point, not getting to go every year until 1997. But ordering the 1800bestfun brochure every year and studying the map for the day I could go. I thought the had all of the best and tallest coasters on earth because I didn't know what else was out there. After magnum, and raptor I was most excited about mean streak... then maybe mantis. lol. At the time is was a top 5 day in my life. But even then I could tell Mean Streak was nothing special at best.

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 11:47:56 PM »
Not Carowinds 2015 B&M?

I'm not unhappy they're getting a Beemer next, but that park really needs a good launch or woody.  And flats, dang it!

SFOG has a fantastic coaster lineup. No need for any more anytime soon IMO.  They should keep GASM and Cyclone in tip top shape and add a bunch of flat rides. No need for another woodier or fake woodie.

Oh, I'm not saying there is a need, per se.  But looking at the parks that they tend to invest in the most, I see the next RMC coaster going there or possibly SFMM.  It makes a lot of sense based on what the company is currently doing to position SFoG, and since they're contractually bound to invest so much in that park...

But perhaps an RMC could go to Dollywood or one of the Herschend owned/operated parks (another good guess).

I think Cedar Point is bound to do something "wood" in the near future, be it redoing Mean Streak or adding another coaster all together.  A killer out & back could wrap around the southeast corner of the park (Gate Keeper's lift hill). Plus there's always been talk of adding a pier.

I dunno.  They've yet to embrace RMC to either add topper or renovate or build.  I'd love to see them do something insane.  I'd love for them to re-do Mean Streak.  But the current admin with CF, IMO, just doesn't look like they're going down that road now.  From what I've gathered, the next big attraction at CP will be a dark ride a la Wonder Mountain (Which they need more desperately than flats and coasters of any type).

If I were going to RMC Mean Streak, I'd obviously make the first drop way steeper, with an airtime hill, then up into the new overbanked turn, then down, then the next overbanked turn, then a double down/double up to the turn over the lift.  After that, it could have tweaked hills to add some airtime, but that's about all you could really do.  To many stretches of track.  You could put in an ending like NTG, though.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »
The next Wing Rider... I'm going to go on the record here and say Busch Gardens Tampa... in place of Gwazi, using the same station for 2016. I'm going to go one step further and "guess" that Sea World Orlando is getting a B&M Hyper for 2015.

As Matt said before... SFGAdv may indeed get an Intamin Giga for 2015.

As for RMC... I have not a clue.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »
I WILL be at SFGAdv in 2015 if this is true. First time since 09. Unless it's a millennium force Giga and not an I305.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 07:18:12 AM »
I'd rather have a Millennium Force style Giga, except with airtime.  Just reshape the profile and BAM you got a great coaster.   

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 08:03:54 AM »
If the GIGA is true the only feasible place would be to extend it into the safari entrance/baboon area.  I couldn't see it in the old chiller location.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 10:26:38 AM »
The i305 one gives you more options due to being compact. Are they still passing Medusa on to a little sister?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 11:07:26 AM »
The next Wing Rider... I'm going to go on the record here and say Busch Gardens Tampa... in place of Gwazi, using the same station for 2016. I'm going to go one step further and "guess" that Sea World Orlando is getting a B&M Hyper for 2015.

As Matt said before... SFGAdv may indeed get an Intamin Giga for 2015.

As for RMC... I have not a clue.

I'm OK with all of these.  Honestly, all 3 are worthwhile investments IMO.  While I'll miss Gwazi and was always a fan (especially on a rainy day!), it really needs to go. 

The bigger question is whether or not Kingda Ka becomes nothing more than a drop tower structure if a giga arrives.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »
I need a ka kredit still

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »
You can have mine. 

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 06:54:24 AM »
You can have my regular, roll back AND empty train credit.

Eh, I'll keep the empty train. 152 mph was kind of fun.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »
If there is a new I305 to visit I won't need any of your ka credits. I believe I also require a green lantern credit. Possibly a black beards.