Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Zumanjaro Opens July 4th!  (Read 13627 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Zumanjaro Opens July 4th!
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2014, 09:07:32 AM »
I have to agree with Wade on this I think this is all a political thing with the state . My feelings are the state is nervous about KK and Zumanjaro running together after the accident in Ka's first year ( Nobody was hurt but this is NJ ) this is why the line no longer runs under KA's station as well . I know SF does not want to open a ride that is unsafe so why is the state so crazy on this ? Does the state of NJ not know a ride of this kind is also open at Magic Mountain ? I go in about a week to MM and was excited to compare drops but I guess I will have to ride their drop ride first since ours is still CLOSED !! :(

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
Politics in NJ?

It doesn't surprise me that a Drop Tower on Ka might be of concern.
I figured Six Flags would have reviewed it with the state before construction started.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »
I figured Six Flags would have reviewed it with the state before construction started.

That just makes too much sense

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »
The regular line = the standby queue...at least they have that Single Rider Option.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2014, 08:21:04 PM »
The Handicap entrance is also the exit. So yes the queue will be 4 lanes wide :P

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
Site was down earlier but just as we posted on Facebook, the ride is open!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2014, 06:17:56 PM »
Let's say Zu is operating they way you would expect for an opening day..Sporadic...
Zumanjaro is quite the ride.  For me the ride up is worse than the drop but what a drop that is!  No warning or indication of when you will drop.
You can see from all the extra guards..they are really worried about items falling off of Ka and hitting someone near Zu.
There are extra guards that come down when the drop cars are at the bottom.

Ka's capacity is definitely hurt by Zu.  Often two trains were on the track waiting to launch.
I really hope they work out a solution so both rides can run independent of each other.

The views you you can get of El Toro from this area are amazing!
[Dragon Challenge @ IOA still beats it for the worlds longest queue...it's close though.]

It was still great seeing both rides finally open for the 2014 season!

Sky Screamer still frightens me more (there is just something about that plastic seat those small chains).

Go visit the new GA History Museum in the old Season Pass building!  Such a nice surprise to see this addition to the park.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »
I was there at 5am Wed waited and waited state never showed up, win some lose some, ride is quiet and there is a screen that comes down when Ka is running so no falling objects hit riders that are under another screen
Yo

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
I actually thought they let you guys ride...but say anything any you swim with the fishes.