Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2015 Attractions Announced!  (Read 5110 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
2015 Attractions Announced!
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:06:16 AM »
Six Flags has announced the 2015 attractions for Great Adventure!

They are:
- More Fright Fest scares (is this this year, or next year? Next year apparently, according to this article)
- Looping Dragon, a flat ride (Sorry, I can't call this a coaster like you are Six Flags)
- New grill (featuring giant turkey legs, hot dogs, hamburgers and Mexican-style steak) and upgraded Cabana Cove in Hurricane Harbor

I think we are all feeling the same way about this. Meh. I do hope that they are doing some unnanounced cleanup of the park. Landscaping, painting, paving, etc. Definitely my biggest pet peeve at the moment.

And 2016 better be earthshattering.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 2015 Attractions Announced!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »
Well, at least the play structure foot print is being used for something.  And this will hopefully allow this path to fully reopen back to Ka and Zu. 

The fight fest part is good news for 2015.  It would appear they are getting more serious and finally adding legit indoor haunts; presumably leveraging existing buildings somewhere.  And it's not a coaster lol

Edit:  The press release doesn't appear to cover the B:TR backwards train coming to Great Adventure but I'm fairly certain it is.  Unless something changed.  It's a shame we couldn't also get a simple (and CHEAP!) family flat like SFOG in combination with the Super Loop flat but I guess it was that or the FF improvements.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:40:29 AM by WadeJ »

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:05:17 AM »
Every park should have gotten a Tilt A Whirl. 

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »
I smashed out knoebels tilt a whirl 5 times this week. Forgot how much I love them. They don't make you as ill as a scrambler, pirates, or paratrooper (never again!)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »
I just took a spin on Hershey's Tilt a whirl last week with my niece and daughter (5 and 6) and had a blast!  I forgot how forceful and fun they can be.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 09:20:08 AM »
MOAR TILT A WHIRL!!!!

If we were going to get a carnival ride, why not The Zipper? :( Or maybe flyers. I'm rather "meh" about this for sure.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 02:18:47 PM »
I'll be honest, if Carowinds got a fireball next year, I'd be happy. We need more flats.

But we're getting a waterpark expansion apparently (finally).

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 04:28:46 AM »
I just think its a terrible PR decision by Six Flags corporate to refer to this as a Rollercoaster in the marketing. You think they would have learned from The dark knight coaster about setting up false expectations.

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »
In the big pocture, do you really think less people will come of they find out that six flags is calling this a coaster?

I've heard people call it a coaster at fairs for years. To me, this just seems like a way to have an off year at some parks and still add a ride. Hopefully they'll use some capital and paint and spruce up the parks getting these.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 02:35:40 PM »
Hopefully they'll use some capital and paint and spruce up the parks getting these.

THIS.... that's the part I take issue with.  None of these parks should be expecting insane thrill rides every year.  Past regimes have 10 times over proven that is not a viable business model.  However, when they don't have a huge capital expense at a particular park they should be sprucing the place up.  In recent years, it's almost as though Great Adventure opens the front door and boots things up and says we are open.  The deplorable condition of many of the areas screams in need of $$$$ and this coming off-season is hopefully THE year improvements starts to happen. 

Offline Edwardo

• Enchanted Teacups
  • El Toro Lover
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:17 AM »
Yeah that's the complaint that should be going on. This park in particular, and SFMM need to take an off year and use it to focus on entertainment and atmosphere.

I've been hoping for that at Catowinds and am happy it's finally happening. With next years new stuff, all of the coasters recently having been painted, and an overhauled food department and entertainment coming next year, they're finally on the right path.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 10:05:37 AM »
Exactly.  Six Flags needs their own Matt Ouimet to get things back on track because they are doing things right recently and it's not much of a surprise to anyone that knows his skills and background.