Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: World's biggest water park at Revel 108 Million Project  (Read 2418 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
World's biggest water park at Revel 108 Million Project
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »
 New Owners wants to build the world's biggest water park at Revel, what he described as a $108 million project that would be both inside and outside the Boardwalk complex.
He also mentioned having high-speed ferries or catamarans operate between Atlantic City and Manhattan to bring tourists from the New York market.  http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/huge-water-park-part-of-developer-s-plan-for-revel/article_f06c837e-975a-11e4-9d73-fbae8561ee67.html
Yo

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: World's biggest water park at Revel 108 Million Project
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 10:54:08 PM »
This is a very interesting project. I still think the gaming floor is too small, but I like seeing that they want to build a facility that can be a major draw year-round. The city as a whole needs more non-gaming attractions.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 05:45:37 PM »
Not a bad idea.  Should get plenty of traffic with Stockton taking over Showboat.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:51 PM »
Something needs to be happening in Showboat by the time this kicks off in order to keep traffic flow moving up the boardwalk. The "gap" in the skyline at night north of Taj Mahal is actually pretty sad right now. Revel already felt removed from the action with the plot between it and Showboat. Having that still shuttered would make that feeling that much worse.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 12:07:49 PM »
So it looks like the supposed new owners of the Revel are still having issues securing the deal.  The new deal just got delayed yet again after developers from Los Angeles are apparently interested.  The kicker is the new team is willing to accept the existing lease agreements in place with the 3rd parties operating the night clubs and bars and that could be a deal changer.  So... the water park would likely be dead if that happens :(.