Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Riding of the bull 2015. Who is going?  (Read 5652 times)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
Riding of the bull 2015. Who is going?
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »
I am. The schedule is up on the Facebook page, but not yet on the ace event page. Unfortunately it's a pretty expensive event for a non season pass holder, especially one that earns a living in Canadian Dollars...lol. Luckily fo me ive been scalping Toronto Bluejays tickets all season, at stubhub pays out in US funds.

But I have a few questions.
1) is parking included in the $75 entrance fee.
2) how amazing can a chicken nugget really be?
3) does anyone want to put in an order for either ketchup or all dressed chips.
4) how busy is this event, specifically how many El Toro rides can you get in during a 2 hour ERT?
5) are flash passes the same price at the park as they are on line?
6) how busy will it be during the normal operation day? Last time I was there it was mid week in July and it was very very busy.
7)

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
Re: Riding of the bull 2015. Who is going?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »
Got cut off.. sorry.

7) is ace worth the money to join other than to go to events? Reason I ask is a Canadian membership is 22.50 more than a US one. Add on the exchange rate and I'm near $100 per year.
8) is there public transit from that approx area you can take to Yankee Stadium? An odd question I realize but I'm consider a jays yanks game on the Sunday. Not a huge fan of driving or parking in NYC.

Thanks for any help in advance. Hope to see some of you there.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:17:55 PM »
I am. The schedule is up on the Facebook page, but not yet on the ace event page. Unfortunately it's a pretty expensive event for a non season pass holder, especially one that earns a living in Canadian Dollars...lol. Luckily fo me ive been scalping Toronto Bluejays tickets all season, at stubhub pays out in US funds.

4) how busy is this event, specifically how many El Toro rides can you get in during a 2 hour ERT?
6) how busy will it be during the normal operation day? Last time I was there it was mid week in July and it was very very busy.
7)

1) Can't answer that considering my employee ID acts as my Season Pass, but if you have a Season Pass for La Ronde or another Six Flags park you shouldn't have to worry about parking. I'd go ahead for now and say no, since it didn't count for CoasterCon (why I'll never know) or GADVOnline Day.
2) Had Macho Nacho nuggets the other day, they weren't half bad.
3) All dressed
4) Last year was rather strange considering weather delayed the ERT and it was cut short because they opened the queue up to the Fairgrounds attendees. That won't be a problem this year since it's now a separate event, but you're still going to get a crowd somewhere in the 300s maybe even 400s. You also have to account for the fact that they're going to be dealing with a lot of large riders who will have to be stapled in order to ride. Despite all of that Wade and I managed to ride Toro a solid 4 or 5 times before calling it quits, but we cheated and rode in the middle (and used a shortcut to get back into the station again), instead of waiting for the front or the back. If you really want to get as many rides as possible try and get there as soon as the ERT starts and immediately head for the back row to get that experience, then ride in the middle. If Toro is running well, the middle is quite possibly the best place to be anyways
5) Pretty sure they are, but I wouldn't recommend using the regular flash pass on what is likely going to be a pretty packed weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if the lines for some rides break 60 minutes.
6) It is likely going to be a fairly busy day once the afternoon and evening roll around, but with all the events and amenities ACE and SFGA will have prepared most people won't bother running around and grabbing all the rides. There's going to be an hour of ERT for Bizarro, Diablo, and Mine Train along with Toro and there will also be morning ERT on Nitro and prior to opening they'll have early access for first rides on Ka and Zumanjaro. That's quite a few rides you won't need to wait in line for, or at least extremely long ones.
7) Can't really judge this one properly sadly. I got my ACE membership around this time last year, paid for a 3 year membership which is a good chunk cheaper than renewing once a year for three years. You also don't need to pay for the ballots or the magazines, at least I didn't. I believe certain hotel chains give discounts for ACE members reserving rooms and some parks even offer discounted admission, but I haven't looked far into that considering I have better perks as an employee.

Also P.S. I'm pretty sure you can take the Subway in from New Jersey without much of a problem, they have a few stations within blocks of Yankee Stadium. Just be sure to research your route before going.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »
They can usually get you a free parking pass if you need one.  I think you have to ask.

This is more or less an ongoing  joke...one event they didn't have chicken nuggets and it was almost like the end of the world.

Does sound tasty...but I don't think you will get them.

The past few events have been pretty crowded (this event is popular).  Last year really sucked because of issue with the weather shortening the ERT session.  Given Coaster Con was just at six flags this one may not be too crowded...and the event isn't shared with another huge group this year (all of who had magic wristbands).

Flash what??  I think they only discount is for season pass holders.

This is the first weekend after the kids go back to school....it is historically a dead weekend.  But this years they throw a bring a friend free into the mix.

7) is ace worth the money to join other than to go to events? Reason I ask is a Canadian membership is 22.50 more than a US one. Add on the exchange rate and I'm near $100 per year.
Just get the trial membership...its cheap but not really the time of year to buy it.  Or get the associate membership (no mailings which isn't a big deal)

Lets say El Toro needs some TLC, definitely not as smooth as years past.
Nitro is awesome this year! 

I think I'm skipping this year...I'd love to see a bunch of friends...but I think a Hershey trip is due.  Sky Rush back row wing seat is a calling!!  Or maybe some SFNE...haven't gotten my wicked twister credit.

UPDATE:  Just saw this on the same date...Insane Inflatable 5K Race – September 12.  So it could be even more insane!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:50:23 PM by Ogolo »