Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: HITP Opinions  (Read 3458 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
HITP Opinions
« on: January 04, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »
I'm curious if anybody on here has been to both Holiday in the Park and Hershey this past year? 

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: HITP Opinions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »
Only HITP
I need to see the Hershey
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:01:38 PM »
We've been doing Hershey for years now but I'm also rather biased as they are a big client of mine lol.  We couldn't do both but now looking at all of the posts from HITP, it's looking like we missed a great event.  Honestly, I really didn't think they'd go this all-out for their first year so major kudos for that.  Hershey was still awesome as always but had me wishing more of the big coasters were open like at HITP :)

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 02:25:17 PM »
Hereshey was 3 years ago so I won't judge.
HITP and Storybook Land this year...and both were great and much different ways.
I loved how Storybook Land turned all the lights on at one time with the wave of Santa's wand.  The light display in the back to music was much fun to watch and who doesn't enjoy a train ride through holiday lights.  It was my first time at here and found the place to be a gem that should not go away.

At HITP the lights were on once dusk came so there was no big lights on event (I think they should do this).  The main tree was every 30 minutes starting at  4:30 PM and what a tree show that is!  I heard each second of the show took several hours to program.  They had several holiday shows in areas of the parks..including an very nice one in the theater by chiller.  There was also a huge change in the crowd at the park for the better.  It was more families and smiles everywhere.  No FastPass so everyone was treated the same (please keep it this way).  The only thing I would change is turn down the scent boxes/scen spray a bit...at time the evergreen tree/cookie smell got a bit overwhelming.  Great Adventure didn't need to be running the rides but that was a nice addition.  Hopefully next year they add a few more lights and change up the show.  Oh and don't even look at the Belgian Waffles!  I heard they may add a round trip on the sky ride next year (I know Hershey does that) and Total Mayhem.  This event probably added a new crowd to the season pass sales for 2016.  Hopefully the park made out well from the event.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
Thanks Ken.  Awesome feedback.  Although I'll disagree about the rides running lol  Just this past trip to Hershey my kids were whining and complaining about riding The Claw in the cold (it was 30 degrees and the wind chill in the teens) and we had the best ride ever in that it was funny and memorable!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »
Nitro @ 36F was not fun..wheels were making a frightening noise the last day of operation.
I was hoping for no brakes on the final brake run but nos such luck.

I do remember my < 32F ride on the Hershey Fliers with my niece. 
Thank god for the warm Reeses XTreme Cup Challenge after that one.