Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 4/8 Rain for the Girl scouts  (Read 2105 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
4/8 Rain for the Girl scouts
« on: April 09, 2006, 01:31:55 PM »
all i can say is that it was a horrible day for the girls but we made the best of what we did do . the park closed early and some of the girls parents did get tickets to come back again before the 15th of May at guest relations. it was nice of the park to do that since some came at about 1 and only had till 4 in the park . We did do nitro in the rain and one word there is OUCH  :wink: . Other then that a few rides on skull mtn. and the kids went on chiller robin but not i after nitro it wasn't for me. The lunch was good but usual park fare . the ice cream tasted funny like sand in it so we just threw it out. the patch for the girls is nice and my DD loves it .
the employees were still all super nice and that is what made the day even better for the kids it was a little disappointing the tiger show for them was cancelled and there wasn't much for them to do . maybe better weather next year . At least the girls who are there today will get better weather.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »
Yep you never know with the weather.
Last Fall I went on a drizzel friday night and I use clear safty classes on Nitro
worked pretty good.

Medusa in the rain in the front seat will get your whole front body soaked.
I did it that same night fornt row 2 times in a row.
that was nice they gave a return pass
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 04:05:24 PM »
WOW  :shock:   I can't believe they even opened some of those rides in the cold rain.  Esp. Robin.  Besides the sucky rain, the cold was just as bad (40ish?).

I'm glad you/they were able to make the best of it.  I know previous management would have pointed to the "no refunds due to weather" policy so that was a nice touch :)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 07:07:16 PM »
Yeah I know it really was a nice touch makes me think this may really be the season of change.

Even in the rain there was marvin and yo semmity sam out greeting kids. now that job is a sucky one in the rain .

maybe it will really be a  great adventure this year.  :wink:

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 11:40:07 PM »
I've heard people talk about how suprised they were at the charachters staying out to entertain in the heavy rain not too long ago at SFMM.  SFI is starting to impress people.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel