Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TR well it's the good ,bad and somethings never change  (Read 2986 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
TR well it's the good ,bad and somethings never change
« on: April 15, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »
OK, we got to the park at almost 10:30 and waited 30 minutes to get in to the park. The SP parking lanes are a mess, the lines there were the longest because of people with out passes etc.

We get into the park to try to get a parent pass, another waste of time in the park since only one window was open for GR and it was at least another 1/2 hour or so. We waited 15 min and didn't move at all so we just skipped the parent pass altogether. Off to the GK and the line for KK was at least an hour, but with break downs it took over 2 hours and then it rolled back twice and then the rain came so it was a waste.

After that we went to RMT to find almost no wait there. Good new seating! Then over to Medusa. The line looked long so we skipped it. Over to BBNP,  baby loves it and so does mom. Off to the other side of the park, we got 2 rides on BBLTT and then the older kids and DH went on to Nitro and we went to the Seaport. Lots of fun there for him. That seaport house with the balls is his favorite and it kept us pretty dry too. It was getting later and we were ready to split but had to walk back to Superman just for one last spin on something before we left.

The older two and I went on to Superman and DH and little guy went over to SB. As we were leaving SB, the horn sounded and there it was, the rain ending and KK testing. Went over to the line and guess what? There we go on line again but this time it payed off... 2 rides in less then 30 min for me and 1 ride for hubby and 3 rides in less then an hour for the kids. :D  When hubby went on I took the little guy back to BBLTT and we rode 5 times never getting off the ride what a way to end a day that was looking pretty crummy. I must say I also noticed some ET stuff in the park and also this ride is looking AMAZING!! I can't wait for MAY.

No chiller blue  :cry: But the one really big sticking point is the lines at guest relations. WHAT is up with this?? One window only open inside the park and outside the park? Forget it! At least over an hour. Not a good sign if customer service is the way we are going. It really annoys people to wait on that type of line for this silly stuff. They need to either open more windows or get a better GR system.

Also another SP holder told me they were starting to charge $40 for the parking pass this week after his daughter bought one last week and paid $30. Now that is an increase of $10 in one week ?? Not a good move. They were not pleased either. Other than finally getting to ride KK it wasn't all that great or horrible, just little annoyances that I hope get better.

Also one more note, I did notice people smoking on line for KK and it was delt with pretty quickly and there are many more signs around the park about not smoking.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 02:32:46 PM »
Thanks for bringing the update/tr so quickly :)

These trip reports are very important so keep them coming ;).  I think certain items are still being worked out so I wouldn't get to excited just yet.  They do have a problem if the line is that messed up in June-July though.

And thanks for the heads up on the parking pass.  We need to get the word out so that other people are surprised as well!

The odd part is that back home here in Deptford it has been warm and sunny all day.  I had no idea it rained like that up there.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 10:23:16 AM »
Do I have to wait in LINE for a parking pass  ??
I did not buy my parking pass yet  and they are rainsing it to $40.
this can't be true.

UPDATE:
I just checked the website and YES IT SAYS $40.

Six Flags Great Adventure     2006 Season Parking     $40.00               
Receive one hang tag to display on your vehicle for unlimited parking on regular operating days during the 2006 season. Parking hang tag does not guarantee a space if the lot is full. Hang tag may only be used at Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor New Jersey.
Yo

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 10:38:16 AM »
You can probably buy the hang tag at the parking booths.  If you do have to wait in line, save your $15 parking receipt so it can be applied towards the season parking price...

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 10:51:38 AM »
Yes you can purchase the pass at the parking booth on your way into the park. (See my comments on the Parking Pass in your other topic)
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 10:52:40 AM »
Wonder if we can trade the silly stickers?

At Disney, you trade pins.  At Six Flags, can you trade parking stickers for a tag? :)

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 11:07:22 AM »
See my first post in the Parking Pass topic. The Park has a solution for the sticker "problem".
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 11:10:18 AM »
Ah, you edited it after I had already read it...

Here's the link for others:

http://gadvupdates.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=454

I'll keep the silly thing and do what you are doing...my billfold is thick enough without sticking decals on the back of a pass that gets used at other Six Flags parks, too...