Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SFGAdv 4/1506...Half amazing/Half bad  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
SFGAdv 4/1506...Half amazing/Half bad
« on: April 15, 2006, 10:23:26 PM »
I went to GADV for 2nd time this year. Some quick notes;

-Got gold qbot, which is 100 bucks for 2 people. I got on Nitro 2x, B:TR 2x, Chiller 1x, RMT 1x, Skull Mountain 1x, Medusa 1x.....all within 2 hours, bypassing lines averaging 30min for each ride.

-Qbotted KK, wait time was 8min, got ins tation, waited 10min, was gonna be on next train when it broke down. Needless to say, never opened again (SURPRISE). So, went to GASM, reserved it, and as I showed operator...ride closes! Go to S:UF, 20min wait on qbot, as we are about to enter, mom says she doesn't feel like it, so I back out too. We go back to KK as it starts to test. 40min later....no KK. We go to Nitro, 20min wait for qbot, enter, and in line these kids kept reriding on back rows because they had exit passes, and operators did NOTHING! So after about a 25min wait, we board. Great ride, riding Nitro at dusk. We head to Chilelr to reserve that, and it's closed. So, we give back qbot and leave.

-El toro looks AMAZING. It is much farther along than when I went 2 weeks ago today. First camlback is complete, 2nd needs half of its track, turnaround's bents about 95% complete and it needs track and railings, and after that, 1st half is done! Memorial Day opening looks very promising!

-KK has RUINED this park. It is the most unreliable PoS I have ever seen. In about 10 visits in past 2 years, KK wasn't open on 2 of them, on 3 of them i waited at least 2 hours and never opened, and on 4 of them i waited at least 3 hours when it should have been 1 hour waits for the ride. It is an eyesore, kills your park experience, the queue and dispatch times are terrible, breakdowns are constant, it is very shaky compared to TTD, and the OTSR's hurt it. I rode TTD in its first season 3x within a 4 day span, and breakdowns were rare, only rollbacks were an issue. This thing is exact opposite, and the dispatch times are crap (unlike TTD).

-Gold qbot is the best thing ever.....just be sure to get it when you're at park the WHOLE day and are not planning on riding KK.

- 8 rides in about 5 hours of work in the prime of a Saturday isn't bad at all, especially when i waited in no lines except in stations and of course the KK drama.