Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: The cows are gone! :(  (Read 4401 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
The cows are gone! :(
« on: November 10, 2005, 03:39:53 PM »
Press release from Theme Park Review...

More rides, more thrills, more family fun in 2006!

Arlington, TX - Six Flags Over Texas today announced a sweeping capital expansion project that will forever change the landscape of the 212-acre acre theme park and mark the largest capital expansion in the park's 45- year history!

In Spring 2006, Six Flags Over Texas will debut a phenomenal package of family rides that will give every Guest 10 new reasons to visit and 10 new reasons there'll be 10 times the fun at the best theme park in the Southwest!

"Remaining true to our tradition, the addition of 10 new family rides in 2006 represents a major commitment on the part of Six Flags Over Texas to keep delivering wholesome family fun, " said Steve Calloway, vice president and general manager. "Ten rides in one year is a huge investment. These new attractions provide a great ride experience to Guests of all ages and will be enjoyed by generations of families for years and years to come."

This Texas-size expansion includes a host of the most innovative and exciting family rides in the industry. The new attractions will be located in different areas

of the park, giving Guests a greater variety and the ability to maximize their visit to Six Flags Over Texas. Joining the ever-growing Six Flags Over Texas rides arsenal will be:

* Blackbird - Spread your wings and fly high in the sky as nine planes zip around an oval-shaped course. Each plane can accommodate up to four children or one adult and two children.

* La Fiesta de las Tazas - Spin around super fast or slow it down to savor the experience. This family favorite will leave Guests spinning with excitement.

* Rock-N-Rocket - Zip into orbit as the rocket and its 50 passengers make several exhilarating 360-degree loops before swinging back earthward for a gentle stop.

* Rodeo - True Texans love a good rodeo. Cowboys and cowgirls alike can test their riding skills on these bucking bulls. Saddle up!

* Crazy Legs - Whirling, twirling fun for the whole family. This "crazy" ride moves in a circular fashion with gondolas that move in the opposite direction.

* Caddo Lake Barge - A high capacity family attraction, the Caddo Lake Barge features a unique combination of rocking motions and has received top awards from the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.

* Sidewinder - A ride with timeless popularity and commonly referred to as the "scrambler" received its original name from the way it looks while in operation, resembling scrambling eggs.

* Up, Up & Away - Experience a breathtaking view of the park while riding on unique hot air balloons. Up, up and away we go!

* Boot Scootin' - These boots are made for walkin' or in this case*ridin'! Try these on for size in a one-of-a-kind interactive bouncing ride experience.

* Interactive Spray Ground - Loads of water fun for Guests of all ages. Another great place to cool off during those hot Texas summer months.

Take all these great new attractions and add them to our already amazing lineup, and there'll be more to do, more to smile about, and more fun than ever in 2006! There's a lot happening at Six Flags Over Texas next year, and you won't want to miss a minute of it. So, make plans now to visit again and again. Our 45th season is shaping up to be our best season ever!

The new year begins March 4th. Spring Breakout takes place March 11 - 19. Visit us on the web at www.sixflags.com for more details.

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Through its subsidiaries, it owns and operates a total of 29 parks in North America. Six Flags parks serve 34 of the 50 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly held corporation with corporate offices in New York City and Oklahoma City. The Company's stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol: PKS.

Well, I guess the rumors of Rodeo going to SFOT is true. It will be missed...

* Rodeo - True Texans love a good rodeo. Cowboys and cowgirls alike can test their riding skills on these bucking bulls. Saddle up!

Offline snowboard101

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 04:59:20 PM »
:shock:  :(  :x  :evil:  

Well this stinks we better be getting a flat in return. I know where getting a coaster but we still need flats.

El Toro Rides: 5   Kingda Ka Launches: 17

My Pictures

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 10:06:10 PM »
I wouldnt be surprised if we get a kiddie ride.  :roll: That would stink  But we got El Toro to look forward too. :)

Offline gadvrider2

• Koala Canyon
    • http://Gainsider.com
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 12:20:05 AM »
Yea i cannot wait to expirience that first drop.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 12:33:33 AM »
:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

That's what I have to say about that! (the cows hearding south)

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 11:27:31 AM »
I had known they left the property for a few months now.  BUt its a real shame that we are losing them forever.

Its wonderful that we are adding new coasters and new huge themed areas to support.. but i think these huge themed areas need flat rides to go along with them!

we have NO balance when it comes to flat rides.. and we need some back.  Its become noticable, that there are empty holes throughou the entire park
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 02:15:57 PM »
The Cows have found there home at SFOT...

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 03:59:41 PM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
I had known they left the property for a few months now.  BUt its a real shame that we are losing them forever.

Its wonderful that we are adding new coasters and new huge themed areas to support.. but i think these huge themed areas need flat rides to go along with them!

we have NO balance when it comes to flat rides.. and we need some back.  Its become noticable, that there are empty holes throughou the entire park
Cough Evolution Cough

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 06:05:43 PM »
The Cows fit very well in Texas! I'm glad that they made a safe trip and will be ready for riders next season, and not in the GAdv Graveyard :shock:

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 07:20:22 PM »
I remember all those good times on the cows back in 2004. When lines were too long I always went on the cows. Im going to miss them... :roll:

MOOOOOOOOOO!!