Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 4/23 Overcast turns to Perfection  (Read 2898 times)

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
4/23 Overcast turns to Perfection
« on: April 23, 2006, 07:15:27 PM »
Well, woke up today with overcast/raining so I was expecting to just go to the park, get my SP photo taken and leave. Woke at 10 and got ready but my friend had to search for his parents and we managed to go grab some Manhatten bagel before we left so we didn't leave til 11:00.

We got to the park around 12:30 and looked over to see El Toro and wow, did it catch me by surprise how big it really was. But it was drizzling so I opted to not risk my digital camera in the rain. No biggie, went to GR to activate my passes and got in the park around 1.

My friend had never been on KK so we went straight to there and asked the man how long and he said "no wait". We were amped and walked on 5th row on CP Beat it, great ride. It really got me by surprise where that butterfly feeling lasted the whole launch track and walked around for another lap this time on Gak. After that we went to Medusa and saw El Toro up close for the first time. The first and second hills are done but no work was going on today. Got another walk on, this time front row, loved the positive g's that changed to negative g's on every inversion fell back to the back row and took another ride, still great.

At this time the weather became amazing. We then walked to Robin: The Chiller and my friend needed to eat so he ate, and I got two straight walk on front rows. The Batman trains were still in the station, but no Batman today. We then went to B:TR and it was intense as ever in the back. Did it again, and once more 2 in the back, one 2nd row. After that came Nitro, walked on, front row. Great first drop, just the airtime wasn't that great in the front. We lapped it 3 more times before getting kinda sick.

So we took a small break by walking back to KK for a couple more rides before we went. Got there, still no wait 2nd row CP Beat it, still great. And waiting we saw an ACE-r with a silver ACE jacket boring these girls with opinions of MF, TTD, and KK and explaing the rides. I found that kinda funny. Then we came back and there was a 4 train wait for Gak front row. So we waited and had a chat with a guy that seemed to know his stuff about coasters. The ride was still great in the front. Then we wanted one more ride but when we got back into the statioon, it broke down (Gak was off line or something)

So we went to S:UF. 2 straight rides 5th row and my friend wanted one more so re-rode by himself and got stuck in the flying position for 10 minutes while I rode Twister. We felt that we had enough and it was 5:30 and we already got most of the rides ridden so we went to the parking lot and I got my digital camera and took some shots of Ka and S:UF.

Totals for the day:
KK: 4 (1 front)
Medusa: 2
Nitro: 4 (1 front)
B:TR: 3
R:TC: 2 (Both front)
S:UF: 3

Some notes:
-No construction today of El Toro
-Blueberry Muffin still missing
-B:TC train still in station
-Ka was running great today, even the breakdown was only 10 minutes
-The ops seemed nicer than last year and were very friendly

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 07:35:39 PM »
I hate you all! I NEVER am lucky with KK! And the one time it was a walkon/10min wait, it broke down right befre I got on

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 07:42:24 PM »
Oh yeah, I think someone's Razr fell out on the ride and the ops seemed pleased they were about to get a free cell phone. They made an announcement about loose articles after that though.

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 10:15:47 PM »
I hate the weather channel and its web site ! I canceled my plans today because they predicted 80% chance of precipitation for the entire day. Oh well maybe next Sunday's weather will turn out to be alright. Glad to see you had a great time today.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 10:28:26 PM »
Quote from: "OrlandoRocks"
I hate the weather channel and its web site ! I canceled my plans today because they predicted 80% chance of precipitation for the entire day. Oh well maybe next Sunday's weather will turn out to be alright. Glad to see you had a great time today.

I've been fooled by that as well.  The thing is, it could rain at 3AM but still be considered part of that 80% chance.  Be sure to always check the hour by hour forcast by going to their website (accessible at the bottom of this site).  For instance, yesterday was listed as a 100% chance of rain but we had the park to ourselves from noon-3:30 before the rain really kicked in.

It sounds like silverbullet had the same type of day we did yesterday with nicer weather lol

Now why can't Ka run this good when there are huge crowds?  It was basically flawless all day on Saturday with high winds and off and on light rain and they never shut it down.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »
I was there on Saturday and got there around 2pm and Ka never ran. I am pissed now, I would of went yesterday if I knew the crowds were light.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 11:31:37 AM »
Quote from: "ChuckR"
I was there on Saturday and got there around 2pm and Ka never ran. I am pissed now, I would of went yesterday if I knew the crowds were light.

Ha, you must have gotten there just when the rain became steady.  They actually ran Ka through the off and on light mist rain but it did offically get shut down once the rain really came down.

Don't worry, you didn't miss much.  It was ROUGH.