Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Drag racing vs Kingda Ka  (Read 1427 times)

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
Drag racing vs Kingda Ka
« on: May 05, 2006, 12:43:42 AM »
During the easter break when GADV was open for a week , I went down for a few hours on Wednesday 4/19. I was able to get in a ride in on Kingda KA , then a couple hours later I was drag racing my 720HP daily street driven 1968 camaro at raceway park in Englishtown. My car felt slow after riding KK and I got an idea of what my car would have done against KK in a standing drag race up to 128MPH. On 1 drag pass I was able to do the standing 1/4 mile drag race in 10.79seconds at 127.8MPH. During this racing pass my car was able to go from 0 to 102.8MPH in 6.88seconds before crossing the finish line. Unfortunatly for me I was racing against an 1,100HP dragster that did the 1/4 mile in 8.60seconds at 156.2MPH. This guy pulled away from me like I was standing still. That dragster did 0 to 125.9MPH in just 5.33seconds which is pretty close to KK acceleration. KK is 1 sick puppy when it comes to acceleration.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Drag racing vs Kingda Ka
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 05:51:40 AM »
So I guess you could say that Kingda Ka was your top thrill that day?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Drag racing vs Kingda Ka
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 08:23:04 AM »
Dude, those numbers aren't too shabby.

It does bring into perspective just how crazy of a beast these rocket coasters are.  Thats what is so great about them.  The odds are the most people won't have the opportunity to drag race but tons of people can get on a roller coaster.  I feel the same way about Mission Space at Epcot.  Its really under-rated IMO.

Wow, this is the true sign of a coaster enthusiast when you get thinking about numbers against a coaster while at the track lol

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
Drag racing vs Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 11:45:24 AM »
Quote from: "GADVwow"
So I guess you could say that Kingda Ka was your top thrill that day?
Yes and no. Yes because the sheer hard acceleration of KK is unrivaled by any car I'll ever drive or ride in for that matter. No because I'm driving and make my own experience or fate which can be good or horrendous. There is no steel track or set condition for a drag race experience. Every race can be different along with the fact you may not make it to the end of the track due to crashing. Being in the car also adds a unique twist to the experience. When I launch from a dead stop , my front tires come about 4 inches off the ground from the hard acceleration , then I'm at 60MPH in just 2.2seconds. I do have a shot at Chiller from 0 to 70MPH at least.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.