Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: $15 Off Admissions By Showing a Gas Receipt  (Read 1665 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
$15 Off Admissions By Showing a Gas Receipt
« on: May 05, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
Press Release   Source: Six Flags, Inc.

The President Is Doing Something About Gas Prices - Six Flags President Mark Shapiro, That Is
Friday May 5, 6:30 am ET
Guests at Six Flags-Branded Parks Can Receive $15 Off Admissions By Showing a Gas Receipt
Promotion Good Through May 29, So Step On It

NEW YORK, May 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The President announced today a plan to do something to address record gasoline prices -- Six Flags President Mark Shapiro, that is. This spring, he's giving the green light to a new discount promotion for everyone paying more at the pump.

Beginning today, Six Flags (NYSE: PKS - News) is offering guests $15 off admission on up to six full-price general admissions tickets to any one of Six Flags' thirteen theme parks if they simply show a receipt for a recent gasoline purchase.

"We've seen what's going on with gas prices and we understand the dilemma the American consumer is facing," said Shapiro. "As gas prices go up, Six Flags is the perfect entertainment option for families as more Americans choose to avoid flying and high airfares and take big carloads of family and friends to places more affordable and closer to home."

Six Flags is supporting this promotion with full-page advertisements beginning today in The New York Times and USA Today:

"Our President is Doing Something about Gas Prices.
      He's giving you $15 off admissions to Six Flags.
      'Bring any gas receipt to our main gate and we'll give you $15 off
      admission' -- Mark Shapiro, President/CEO, Six Flags."

The promotion will be valid through May 29, so Six Flags guests are encouraged to step on it -- and head to their nearest Six Flags theme park.

Rules and Restrictions

Present your gasoline receipt at the ticket booth at any of the 13 Six Flags-branded parks in the US and receive $15 off general admission for up to 6 full price general admissions per gasoline receipt. Coupon is not valid at Six Flags Water Parks, Wyandot Lake, The Great Escape, Frontier City and Enchanted Village. Promotion cannot be combined with any other discount admission including Child, Sr. Citizen, Two-Day, Multi-Park, or Evening Discount Tickets. Not valid on New Jersey Safari or 3 Park tickets. Discount cannot be sold, bartered or redeemed for cash. Coupon valid through 05/29/2006.

About Six Flags

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Founded in 1961, Six Flags is celebrating its 45th Anniversary in 2006. It is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: PKS - News) headquartered in New York City.
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 10:39:38 AM »
I still think its a little rotten to do this when you can get $20 off just by buying the ticket online.

Good idea though for those that are unware of the online discounts.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 10:56:14 AM »
Yes
It's just a PR thing

I'm still looking for the coupons on the Papa Johns boxes
I got a pizza last week and still the old standard coupons.
I guess they need to get them printed up etc.  maybe by the sart of the summer.
Or WAWA  coupons etc.

The best deal out there is a Season pass I already took 2 people for free and have 2 more free coupons and tonight a $10 bring a friend.
One of the best $74 I spent
Yo

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 12:17:10 PM »
I wonder if you need to put a certain amount of gas to actually get the discount. What if somebody puts $5 bucks in there tank and then shows the receipt and gets the 15 dollar discount?!?