Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: KINGDA KA Daily Status  (Read 36147 times)

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
KINGDA KA TEMPORARILY CLOSED - CHECK PG.4 FOR UPDATE!
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »
Hopefully (but i'm not counting on it) the mysterious SFInsider will have some news and info.
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 01:24:23 PM »
At the moment, there is no news to report on any way.  It may take another day or so to completely know what happened and what is required to fix it.

Coastermom, I'm glad to hear you witnessed that.  It says something for how serious the park takes this rule.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 04:20:42 PM »
Some woman with a back pack wouldn't put it in the lockers and the guards ran after her.  She lied and told the guard that the girl she was with was going to hold it while she was on the ride and they let her go.  I don't know what happend past that point, but I assmue the both went on the ride.

GAdv should really make the lockers free for first 30 minutes.  This should be a safety issue and not a money making proposition for the park.    

I love that lady at the lockers .  She has a ton of great stories if you get her talking!!

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 05:03:38 PM »
The girls in front of me last weekend just threw their purse on the side of the train, like people do on many rides.

In reality, there is no reason why KK cannot have storage bins, except for preserving the load times. (And to make the park money)

I went to the park today and grabbed a few shots of KK.

Cable is still Tight

Workers on the track. The guy in the middle is either holding something that looks like a Brake Fin or Brake Piston

From what I could see from the Parking Lot, Teal Train was still behind the station, Green was on the Pre-Launch Track, and Orange appeared to be in the staton. (I could be wrong)
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline spida

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 06:35:23 PM »
well, a little info from the rumor mill.... i was there today and spoke to the guard that was sitting outside of the blocked off kingda ka.  He told me that the ride should be down for 2 to 3 weeks, possibly a month, due to them needing to order parts.  Ontop of it all, the ride needs to go through inspection yet again, and if it fails this time, there is no hope for the kingda ka.  I was told by the security guard that if it fails, they will be taking it down and selling it due to the high maintenance it requires and the cost of its maintenance.  Aparrently they already have a price tag on it as well..... 17 million!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 07:48:05 PM »
I am in high doubt that they will tear the ride down . A good sign is that they are up there working on fixing it .2-3 weeks for parks is a good sign if they were going to tear it down they WOULDN"T ORDER PARTS FOR IT . Trust me they are not going to tear down a record holder and if they didn't tear down B&R the chiller after all it's problems they aren't going to tear down KK.

Hey stew i agree with you about the lockers it is a money making thing only and good for the park but not good for the customer . also maybe the ride isn't as bad off as we think have tolook on the bright side right.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2006, 08:45:53 PM »
Looks to me like a Piston
I doubled the size if that was ok with you if not mods can delete it see below
Yo

Offline MRHSfalcon

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2006, 10:07:45 PM »
they probably wont tear the ride down because the state will approve it. they were replacing brake pistons which were damaged and they were also  replacing sensors on the train and track.

Offline blazzinmatt

• MATTDONDERS
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2006, 10:19:32 PM »
Trust me there is no possible way Six Flags will tear down Kingda Ka. It just won't happen. They will fix it until it passes inspection. News from some of the guards in the park is just as reliable as news from the Dippin Dots guy.

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 10:48:29 PM »
Through all of this, I actually am very impressed that the park quickly updated the website to inform potential guests that it is currently closed.  Kudos to GA!

Peter
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006, 11:03:29 PM »
on that same topic, i was impressed with how often they warned guests before ever paying a dime to enter.

Offline crashintomirrors

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006, 11:03:35 PM »
Yet they wont update the ride list.   :x

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 11:20:52 AM »
What ride list?

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 11:32:05 AM »
You've got this:

And it is posted on the Web Page. I don't know what else they could really do.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 01:40:01 PM »
They also got signs on the parking booths saying Kingda Ka will be closed today.

Update from yesterday, the teal train is behind the station stuck on the brakes and the bright green train is what it looks like the train waiting to advance onto the launch area. I wonder why they haven't put them back in the station?

Offline dbooth

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 03:07:56 PM »
pictures from sunday not looking promising

Offline David Jr

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 06:13:46 PM »
I seem to remember a couple of years ago some of y'all saying Viper would never be taken down even when the rest of us were just about begging for it. So my advice is, don't think Snyder & Shapiro won't make the same decision with KK. And we all know how much was spent on Viper's upkeep.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 07:51:16 PM »
but david KK is the world record holder to rip it down is just plain out right stupid. MANY coaster riders come from all over the place to ride this ride. I drove 9 hours to Ohio to ride TTD and waited hours in line before KK ever opened just because it was the tallest and fastest . I don't see Cp ripping down TTD just because it had down time and alsoremember that TTD had people get hurt on it as KK has been lucky no one was hurt on it yet. (thank god) just had to point this out to everyone that says they are going to rip it down just think of the loss of the title alone will keep SF from ripping it down.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 08:09:21 PM »
Also consider the fact that El Toro is taking over Viper's former spot.
While they are somewhat similar situations and I don't know for sure, I would say that Viper was removed mainly to build El Toro, not just because of upkeep costs, downtime, and the fact that the people who liked it like me were in the minority.  While Sharpiro doesn't like it, I highly doubt that it would be removed.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline spida

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006, 10:01:03 AM »
The one thing you guys aren't putting into perspective is that if the rude doesn't pass inspection for like the 30th time, then we have a major problem on our hands!

mod edit:  Please do not post in all caps.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2006, 10:12:19 AM »
KK will not be taken down !!!!!!! Six Flags would then give back the world record to Cedar Point . Six flags will not be a laughing stock of the industry.
You don't take 25 million and throw it out the window. (then the cost it would take to dismantle it) which may run 5 -10 million  ?
As coastermom said this is a world record people come from around the world to ride this.
TV shows are made about KK .
This is the fastest,Tallest on  EARTH and is the reason I bought my first season pass in more then 15 years and bought 4 of them since KK opened.
Yo

Offline coastermom

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2006, 01:11:36 PM »
Why are some people still thinking it will not pass inspection again? I have to say if they kept B&RTC up and fixed that then KK has no problem with staying standing. Like I said before we just have to wait and see what happens it may be fixed sooner then we all think and I am 100% sure this is not the end of KK.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2006, 08:18:13 PM »
This may not be the end of Kingda Ka but could this be the end for intamin? Would Shapiro and Snyder bring them to court as it broke down once again....Time will tell us
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2006, 08:27:44 PM »
Thats actually what I've been thinking all along.  Intamins days may be the ones numbered here.  Not Kingda Ka.

Hopefully they start ordering lots of parts.

Offline David Jr

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »
i don't want to see KK torn down either. But based on what The Dynamic Duo have said, i wouldn't be surprised if they make that decision. Snyder himself said if it wasn't for Tatsu and KK, he would have the $$$ to implement all his changes.