Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: My 6-6-06 family trip  (Read 1998 times)

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
My 6-6-06 family trip
« on: June 06, 2006, 10:40:41 PM »
Today was an awsome day at GADV for me and the family. The group consisted of me "Brett", my wife "Joyce", my father "Angelo", my older brother "Matt", my sister-inlaw "Connie", my 5year old neice "Erica", and finally my almost 3 years old nefew "Jeffrey". We arrived at 9:55am and got in just as the rope dropped. First up was a ride on KK for me and my brother. My brother had his first ride on KK today , and yes I looked at his face as we went down the launch and up the tower. It looked like a combination of him closing his eyes and straining his face at the same time. When we got to the top I yelled to him to look at the parachute tower and GASM so he can see how high he was. He looked and I heard his voice uttering"Oh Man" , then we plummeted down the tower and flew over the camel hump. Just as we slowed to an almost complete stop , You can guess what his first 2 words were. Hint: The 1st word was holy. He was loving it since he loves fast cars and speed. After our ride we met up with the rest of the family at Balins jungle land. Jeffrey and Erica loved it. We could not get them off off it. It was pretty cool because me and my brother got to play on the jungle land with the kids for a while. You don't realize how tall that play land is until you go on top. Jeffrey and Erica went on the flying elephants with my wife Joyce , and Matts wife Connie. Next they did the swings next to the rickshaws. Next up we made our way into Bugs Bunny national park. Erica went on the little train by herself , then she went on the daffy ducks balloon ride with me. That ride has some height to it. I was impressed. That ride is also like the tea cups with the ability to spin yourself in circles. Next up Erica wanted to go on the log flume. She practically dragged my brother to the ride. Me , my brother and Erica took our ride and Erica loved it. When we got off Erica was saying "again , again".Since it was a walk on we went back on only this time the boat consisted of me , my wife my dad , and Erica. The weight total in the log was 630lbs between everyone even though I lost 58lbs over the last 5 months. We got soaked like you can't believe and my brother got it on video with his digital camera. After the soaking I took a ride on RT to dry off. Only 1 train "red" on the right side was going. RT felt smoother for some reason , but the experience really changed with ET now present. ET is a monster and I'm like a kid waiting for christmas to ride this thing. Next up it was lunch time. Lunch was Pappa johns and out post grill. After lunch , me  , my wife , my father , and Erica rode Tango. Erica was not to crazy about it , but I thought it was pretty cool. Its a flat unlike  any other the park has had. Next it was looney tunes sea port for the kids. Jeffrey and Erica went in the ball crawl. They were loving it , and Jeffrey did not want to come out. Matt ended up going inside the ball crawl for some play time. Since nitro was a 5min. wait , I snuck in a quick ride ::)  After Jeffrey came out of ball crawl ,  he wanted to drive the Batmobile in front of B:TR. Maybe in a few years. We took a walk by chiller on the way back to golden kingdom and chiller red had a bunch or workers on it today. It looked like they had a drag tester on the track. There were a lot of safety ropes strung around with workers so chiller is being tended to for those wondering. It was back to the Balins play land again for Erica and Jeffrey. They just could not get enough , especially the slides. Me and Joyce got hungry so we ate at LaCocina. I must say it was a great place to eat at. You get alot for your money there , and the food is pretty good. Not to mention the sight of ET just being a few feet away is a sight to behold. Alot of lanscaping was being done for the ET line que's along with lights being installed on the poles for the exit. The last thing we did before the rains came along was watch the alligator show. All total we spent 6 1/2 hours in the park. As soon as we got back to the van the kids fell asleep inside for the ride home. Last note , KK ran smooth all day. It seems its been working alot better since it came back into action.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:49:15 PM by 68CamaroGuy »
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: My 6-6-06 family trip
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »
Nice little TR , glad you had a nice day at the park.  Thanks for all the updates around the park and it's nice to hear that Lacocina is still a good place to eat. Like you said, with all the tables outside and the new view should make it even more enjoyable.

The news on Chiller is also good. With El Toro almost complete and Kingda Ka running smoothly they should be able to have more maintenance guys over there instead.

Last but not least , I'm still looking forward to my first ride on RT.  I think your ride  review might be the first that said El Toro made a difference. Others I read just say , yeah it's still just RT.

Thanks again for the TR.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:06:09 AM »
It may be a whole new Visual experience ridding RT.
I have yet to ride it this year but soon.
Yo

Offline DrewSmith

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »
well thats good news for kingda ka. Thanks for the updates! :)