Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Whats your favorite flat at GADV?  (Read 15198 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Whats your favorite flat at GADV?
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 12:29:44 PM »
Jot that down on the notepad for questions to ask during the next tour  :idea:

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 02:03:31 PM »
Put the spider about 300ft up on Kingda Ka!!!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »
Quote from: "DianaR"
Well, Musik express better NOT leave but, I really wish they'd use the music booth and bring it back to it's former glory! I forget but, Did Taz Twister get relocated or is that also gone forever? That's the only ride to ever make me hurl! :shock:  I am afraid I will only feel bad for those who actually liked it lol.

I dont think Musik Express is going anywhere... it's not really in the way of anything, or in a place that much else could fit in. Now if they'd only play Musik... or call it the "Mute-Express"???

Last I heard was Taz was going... I never rode it, or a Rotor for that matter... they don't appeal to me, so I stay away. Hopefully it stays though, more rides are always better  :D

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 02:16:09 PM »
The only reason I think Taz will survive at Gadv or some other SF park is because of the extensive rehab it just went though.

The paint job, new seats, motor, etc. couldn't have been cheap.  That ride was nearly like new after years of neglect.  I don't think anything went wrong with it since it was open most of the season as well.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 02:17:33 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
The only reason I think Taz will survive at Gadv or some other SF park is because of the extensive rehab it just went though.

The paint job, new seats, motor, etc. couldn't have been cheap.  That ride was nearly like new after years of neglect.  I don't think anything went wrong with it since it was open most of the season as well.

I wouldn't be suprised if it popped up somewhere else in the park because of the Rehab it just had.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2005, 03:32:40 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"

By seats do you mean the wall was replaced?  Although I'd beat that it would be awesome if they did put seats in lol.  I hope it gets Chaos's old spot, assuming that Chaos is leaving.  It would look a little strange but it could work out.  Of course, if I grow a little more none of this would even affect me.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2005, 03:56:41 PM »
LOL

good point... yes, I meant the walls :idea:

Although seats would certainly make for a very interesting ride lol

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2005, 11:27:33 PM »
I'd really like Taz to stay. I guess I'm one of the few people that likes the ride :shock: I've enjyoed it everytime I've ridden it, and definitely provides a thrill. I remember being on it second day of operation this year and none of my friends wanted to go, so I rode with these other girls who were so freaked out by the ride and the op was messing with them :D Pretty funny.

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline SFGAsue

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 09:02:04 AM »
I really loved JJF.  It was one of the best flats ever.  Chaos was a big favorite too.  I loved standing up (as best as I could being harnassed in) to help hurl it over...and over and over and over.  You could really work with that ride to get more out of it.  Also loved Pendelum.  If they give us new flats, I hope they can top these (which will be hard).

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2005, 10:08:11 AM »
Hi Sue,  welcome to Updates.  We could always jump on the Cedar Fair  wagon and get  a Screaming Swing

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005, 11:06:44 AM »
Well personally my favorite flat of all time goes to Cedar Point and MaxAir. Having stayed at the hotel and getting to the park early I rode MaxAir like 4-5 times in a row. The ride never gets old and you get a different view from each seat on the ride. It really is an awesome ride.

My favorite flat at Great Adventure would have to Pendulum. That really was an awesome ride.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 12:18:45 PM »
Quote from: "ChuckR"
Put the spider about 300ft up on Kingda Ka!!!

You mean something like this?

Just make the spotlights bright white so it makes the tower look like a web. That would be awesome.

------------------

One of my favorite flats is the swings. Even though they arent intense, its just scary coming around of that operator booth thinking your legs are going to get chopped off by hitting it. I also like the feel of like free flying in a way.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005, 01:29:33 PM »
That would be neat but I'm sure the state safety people would give them grief over it :(

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2005, 02:45:23 PM »
Thats awesome overlord lol

and a tad creepy at the same time... I hate spiders!

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2005, 03:17:04 PM »
Back on topic....

My favorite flat was Rodeo when it first opened.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2005, 03:20:49 PM »
Quote from: "MForce23"
Back on topic....

My favorite flat was Rodeo when it first opened.

Austin was finally tall enough for Rodeo last season, he was really upset in finding out it is gone now. :(

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2005, 05:02:02 PM »
Joust-A-Bout-- Best flat at GA ever!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2005, 05:33:07 PM »
Why did we give up so many good flat rides? Thats what i think is bringing down the park besides the lack of theming.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2005, 05:46:25 PM »
Rodeo was definitely one of the best flats in the park. I am so sad to see it gone. My brother loved it too and he is just as upset to see it go. It was definitely one of the best flats out there. It will be missed, but I am sure they have great ideas for the future of flats at the park.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2005, 06:01:47 PM »
Quote from: "overlord"
Why did we give up so many good flat rides? Thats what i think is bringing down the park besides the lack of theming.

My only guess is to reduce operational costs? Staff shortages?

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2005, 07:27:27 PM »
^ That plus as they age, it costs more to keep them running than they are worth, just like an old car.   At some point you have to decide whether it's a Pinto and not worth maintaining, or a Mustang and worth spending money on.    

In the case of rides like Swabinchin and Joust-A-Bout there were maintenance issues for many years before they were removed.   Also, with the State of New Jersey's strict rules on making modifications, any time a ride required a change (like the control panel for Evolution) it took a lot of time and money.   Sending it somewhere else solved some of the problems, plus provided another park with a MAJOR attraction which was only a minor attraction at GA.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2005, 11:38:13 PM »
Quote from: "overlord"

hey be greatful!  Its amazing that they have done soooo much the past few years, and we can still find the holes.

Im not making an example of you.. im guilty of it too :D   We really do need more flat rides.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline ChillerDude

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2005, 08:40:18 AM »
My old favorite was evolution...then the pendelum...and now its The Space Shuttle :roll:

http://www.freewebs.com/gstp/
come one come all and join the forums!