Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo TR: SFNE  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Photo TR: SFNE
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:19:46 PM »
After finding out I fit on S:ros on Tuesday, I decided to go back with Drkliter (Tom) and meet up with Frissbeking (Rob), and Mike on Thursday. This time the traffic was much worst and took around 4 hours to get there. Once we parked at Cooks in the Kitchen ( 5 dollars cheaper) we headed over the bridge to met Rob and Mike who had been at the park since opening.

They had already purchased a gold q-bot so we headed straight for S:ros.

Signature shot One

S:ros was very forceful in the second helix. That, or the heat and not eating was killing me so we headed for a a slice at Papa Johns. After this we decided on walking to the far end of the park for Batman the Dark Knight.

First off, we had to say hello to Kevin Smith's favorite character before we rode.

I found the back much smoother than the front.

This shot cost me 5 bucks as I couldn't fit the whole sign in a picture. Next time your at the park try it for yourself. 

Since the Superheros rides were done,  we headed back to Thunderbolt, but first we got a little looney

^They must of rubbed off on us because we actually stopped and rode an open Mind Eraser that we heard might be down all season.

Tom found out Vekoma Hang and bangs aren't that fun and they should stick with Mad Houses, not coasters.

Rob looks like he is having fun.                                                       

After that quick ride we rode scream and made or way over to an empty T-bolt station.

The ride doesn't look like much but it did deliver a couple of surprises.

Next we found ourselves in the back row for Cyclone, Wow talk about getting your spine adjusted. I could only imagine going down the original first drop seen here.

If that wasn't enough we rode catapult.  This is one of the Craziest flat rides ever. The restraints kept on getting tighter and tighter before the ride even moved. I was worried about the ride breaking again upside down, but luckily it never happened. Here is the new queue.(Sorry I didn't get the ride , it was closing time when I took it)

Another crazy flat was the Huss Frisbee.  This was my first and last time going on one of these as I almost made a friend with a tree after my ride.

We forgot Tom's token credit on Flashback and than headed for

Fun ride but we spun more in the final break run than the whole ride it's self , oh well.  This ride also offers the single rider line for you sad and pathetic riders.

Now for some night photos and a quick walk back to S:ROS

OK, so we made it back

Back inside the station the crew was on fire with 2 minute dispatch times.

This sad and pathetic guy kept on holding the train for some odd reason.

Night rides are insane! After 7 laps I was now understanding how good this ride really was. Too bad it broke on lap #8

No more trains for the night.

We Stopped for some snacks while

Tom white Knuckled

No Tom ,that's not you.

By the time Tom finished his ride on Night Wing  it was time to head home.

This might have been the only time I've been to a Six Flags park where every ride was open, Great Job SFNE we had a blast!

This trip report brought to you by

a

and a duck!

Thanks for reading.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Re: Photo TR: SFNE
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:28:51 PM »
Great TR man, Thunderbolt is more that it looks and Catapault is my favorite flat ride, SROS is my #2 ride, MF just didnt beat it, That park is a great park and good pics you got there!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:08:58 PM »
Great TR
I got to get up there to ride S:ROS
Yo

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 07:31:40 PM »
Great TR. I love those Night photos you were able to capture. I just wish I could figure out how to do that on my camera. Looks like you had an awesome time up there.

Offline Fjask

• Affiliate
  • Carousel
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 08:09:06 PM »
Great TR, I love the pictures, it makes the TR so much better. 
Let me guess, that Ikea must be the one on the turnpike.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 08:14:20 AM »
^It's the New Haven store in CT, not the Elizabeth store on the NJTP exit 13.   

Anyway thanks for all the nice replies!

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 08:08:14 PM »
Great TR! I also love S:RoS at night, it's amazing (I got on it about 15 of my 26 rides at night on my visit in 2004 when it was T-O-T-A-L-L-LY empty for 2 straight days due to threat of rain).