Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Six Flags' 'Fright Fest' Halloween Celebration Offers Guests Both Tricks AND Tre  (Read 2737 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060913/daw012.html?.v=101

Six Flags' 'Fright Fest' Halloween Celebration Offers Guests Both Tricks AND Treats
Wednesday September 13, 9:00 am ET 
Spooktacular Fun Awaits Guests at Six Flags Fright Fest This Fall - and a Cockroach Is Your Ticket to the Front of the Line!

NEW YORK, Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags (NYSE: SIX - News) is preparing to scare up some fun this fall with its famous "Fright Fest" Halloween celebration! Every weekend beginning September 29th, Six Flags parks are transformed into haunted scream parks that harbor ghosts and goblins of every shape and size. This year, to complement Six Flags' family entertainment focus, the celebration will adopt a "Family By Day, Fright By Night" theme -- when family-friendly entertainment offerings will be available earlier in the day, and scarier, more daring alternatives will take the stage at night.
ADVERTISEMENT

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20060913/DAW012 )

During the day, costumed characters, hayrides, trick-or-treating and not- so-scary creep shows will delight the little ones and scaredy-cats, while at night haunted houses, mind-altering illusions, ghouls and zombies are ready to frighten those brave enough to visit after dusk. Every park will also host a variety of special events -- screaming contests, zombie parties, Halloween weddings, karaoke, costume contests and more.

And to put the "bite" in Fright Fest this year, on nights during opening weekend a live cockroach will be guests' Ticket to Terror -- and the front of the line! Courageous volunteers who opt to chow down on one of these creepy critters will be granted an instant place at the front of the line for some of Six Flags' most popular rides and attractions. Daring guests willing to eat their way to the front of the line will have to be quick! Cockroaches can run at a speed of three miles per hour. The nutritional benefit? Cockroaches are extremely low in fat and high in protein.

In addition to creepy Fright Fest chills, Six Flags guests will have the most dramatic thrills! When they come for Fright Fest's tricks and treats, guests can experience one last spin on some of Six Flags' unparalleled thrill rides, from Six Flags New England's SUPERMAN - Ride of Steel, voted best steel coaster in the nation by Amusement Today magazine, to Six Flags Great Adventure's El Toro; Six Flags Magic Mountain's Tatsu; Six Flags Over Georgia's Goliath; and dozens more. And don't forget those pint-sized goblins, who will certainly want to squeeze in one last squeal on the ROAD RUNNER Express, TWEETY Tweehouse and Goliath Jr. to name just a few.

See individual park websites for specific hours of operation, special promotions and admission prices at http://www.sixflags.com .

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Founded in 1961, Six Flags is celebrating its 45th Anniversary in 2006. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation headquartered in New York City.

Haha, Ticket to Terror that is great!

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Hmmmm.. eating cockroaches to get to the front of the line.  That is very clever but I think I will just buy a Flash Pass.  I am looking forward to seeing it though.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Great idea to turn it into a Halloween party....As for the roaches, I plan to eat one!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
I hope they don't bring back those dreaded whistles !  >:(

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
I wonder if we will have the clown maze in the bathrooms again... :o

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
I hope they don't bring back those dreaded whistles !  >:(

OH WHY NOT ??? I still have one in the minivan if you would like it. I hated it all the way home in the car last year can't wait for a new one.

Offline MRHSfalcon

• Balin's Jungleland
they have gotten rid of those stupid Whistle because of them promoting family by day, also that clown maze may be coming back for one last season