Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Shows, Concerts, Tours and more!  (Read 988 times)

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Shows, Concerts, Tours and more!
« on: October 07, 2006, 05:47:04 PM »
Been to a local show lately? Been to a tour? Talk about it here!

Last night I went to the Nintendo Fusion Tour at Starland Ballroom.

We got there about 7:20 and The Sleeping was already in the middle of their set (which wasn't supposed to start until 8  ). These guys were amazing live. They played "Don't Hold Back", "Heart Beatz", "Sunday Matinee" and all their songs. After their set I saw the lead singer Doug walking by and he was a very nice guy very appreciative of us buying their merch and cd and thanked us for coming. He was a great guy.

Then The Plain White T's came on. It was a very pointlessly rough pit for them. They don't scream, they don't try to, but people moshed anyway. The highlight of the set for them was "Hey There Delilah" which is a great acoustic song. All the girls went insane with that one.

After them was Emery. They were CRAZY live. One of the best bands I've heard live. They had an amazing stage presence. They have two lead singers and both took a turn standing up in the crowd which was great. Their set started with "Walls" off their old cd which started the pits right away. I gotta see them again.

After that was Relient K. They were good live. Sounded just like their cd. Again the pits were absolutely pointless but this time I got hurt. Some kid pushed me into it, sending my head slamming into the back of another kid's. Then doing a little rough pushing some kid punched my collar bone which also didn't feel great. They were great live though, I'll give them that.

With about 3 songs left I left and went for merch and went to play Wii  :D. I love this system, it was so great, easy to use and the graphics looked great. I highly recomend the system.

After the Relient K incident, I decided to avoid the pit for Hawthorne Heights. So instead of moshing, I went towards the stage which may have been worse since about 5 kids landed on my head. The highlight of the HH set was when JT (the screamer in the group) went into the crowd, right in my face screaming. I loved that part.

It was a pretty good show. Not the best I've ever seen but definitely worth a trip.

Been to any shows lately?