Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 10/7 Few notes and observations on a packed FF .  (Read 1409 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
10/7 Few notes and observations on a packed FF .
« on: October 08, 2006, 04:01:52 PM »
First off the only reason for our visit this weekend was the DDR for  march of dimes.
 We got there  at 11:30 and noticed the park was already pretty crowded. Here are a few observations After being there for the second time with the ghouls I noticed if you don't go all scardey they will leave you alone. GOOD for me the chicken I am . Also ET is having some type of issues the past two weeks i have been there. Last week with two trains running they had to go back to one and this week with one running they tried getting the two running together it kept stopping on the lift  hill and the turn to the lift hill. Finally after a good hour or more it was running but very speraticly . The line BTW was out of the Que and going toward the bridge. I have to say KK looked like it was running better then ET .

IF you have childern Please Don't take them to the terror trail or the hay ride !!! I can not tell you the chicken I am but my hubby and daughter told me of little childern crying as parents dragged them through areas of the park deemed "highly  spooky" or with a skull in the FF guide.  What are they thinking???  :o. One more thing that was a problem as with any large crowd adding beer to the mix is never good. As my DH and DD waited for the TT they noticed a large group looking for problems . It didn't look good so they skipped the TT and we left the park. Why are they serving beer at 7 or 8 pm when even after a certain time football areans don't sell the stuff. Too many people there and it is not the right time or place for drunks . Also WHy are they selling it in glasses that are made out of Glass?? Everything else is plastic please for saftey reasons they should sell beer in plastic glasses. My DH said that can be broken and used as a wepon if there was to be a big fight there. A little frightning to say the least.

We did see the marshmellow man spirt of the tiger show and it was cute . the marshmellow man was pretty funny looking but worth staying around for. All in all the day was ok we did ride nitro and ET . My son got his first spins on Fantsy fling now that he is 42 in. 2 more inches and here we come Skull mountain!!! RMT and RT too .
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 04:05:34 PM by coastermom »

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
Re: 10/7 Few notes and observations on a packed FF .
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 07:43:42 PM »
The "glasses" actually are made out of plastic, not glass, so thats is not a problem.  I believe that they started this year midseason that they only sell beer after 6 pm at most locatios, which still makes no sense.  Usually games will cut it off at the end to like prevent drunk driving, but this is the reverse.  I believe I have heard that Halloween Horror Nights at Universal gets pretty bad with drinking, but no sign of it ending because of the money made.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: 10/7 Few notes and observations on a packed FF .
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:24:59 PM »
I was very disappointed that the ride lines to the Holloween attrastions  close at 10pm when the park closes at 11pm.
We just got off the Terror Trail and it was 9:50 got over to the Haunted hayride (which had a 2 hour line earlier) and was told the line stopped at 10pm to put it lightly I was very pissed.
So we missed it by a few minutes. I guess thats what I get for going on Saturday  the only time my wife could go(friday night the day B4 i was told was a walkon)
May try to hit it again before then end of the month.
The Terror Trail was better last year or about the same in other words no improvemnets unless that bridege was added no big deal not worth waiting again (45 minutes) ?
I took about 40 pictures I will post later.
Never go on a Saturday night unless it's rainy
One of the better things are the Liveshows my wife like the show at the Ferris Wheel and the Sideshow at the boardwalk was good we misssed the show at the KISS concert area and the Hyno show.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:34:52 PM by pcman »
Yo