Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 10/14/06  (Read 4582 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
10/14/06
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:41:13 AM »
People:
Me
Anthony (the benny)
Kenny (Kenskie87)
Spike (Nitro Fan) who happened to be dressed up like the Joker.
Amanda (ox. Queenda Ka .xo)

Anthony, Spike and I arrive at the park at 2:30. I get the VIG pass and Kenny comes and meets up with us. While there this guy Kyle comes up to me and says, "You're from GADV.com right? I said yes. He told me he was Six Flags Freak and I said, "Nice to meat you I'm CycloneMan", Spike, Anthony, and Kenny looked at me and said, "Duh, he knows!" We wait ten minutes for Amanda and than she comes.

We go over to Kingda Ka. We relize it broke down so we went over to El Toro. We got there and it was broken. it got fixed. We get intot he station while they are testing. They let people on, than they had to get off. They test it again. Than they let people on. They dispatch the train and it stops on at the bottom of the lift. We left and went over to Rolling Thunder. Amanda finally got her Rolling Thunder left credit. It was bumpy but alot smoother than my last two times. I was happy to see they were using the Blue train.

After that we saw El Toro broke again. We walk over the bridge to go to Medusa. The line was stretched all the way back to the bridge! YAY VIG! We went on and got a pretty decent ride. We walk back and see El Toro running. We see there's a line on the ramp. We wait it, while it breaks down AGAIN! The train comes back into the break run and we watch Kingda Ka go up the tower, and me and Amanda kept saying lowely, "Rollback, rollback!" and this kid in the train starts yelling, "ROLLBACK ROLLBACK!" Like us and I looked at him and said, "How'd you know what I was thinking?" He laughed and said, "It rolled back Monday!" His train went in and he came down the ramp and said, "You're CycloneMan aren't you?" He was Mysterio, it was nice to meet you too!

Finally we get on and have a great ride. Amanda and I got 3rd to last row. Spike got second to last, and Kenny and Anthony got the last row. It was running really well, minus the constant break downs. And while waiting on the break run, Amanda and I...well I think you know :blush: . Anway, we got off and the train infront of us got stuck on the lift. Great job Intamin you built an other winner! Amanda and I than rode RMT which was fun.

We go over to the Boardwalk and see GASM's line over flowing. God, I love VIG. We ride GASM which was a bit on the rougher side but it was still fun. We got off and we rode Space Shuttle (minus Spike). It actually didn't kill me this time. It was actually fun. We went over to Wok N Roll and got ober priced Chinese Food. After that we went on Skull Mountain. Amanda and I got on the train before Spike, Kenny, and Anthony. This was the best ride I ever had on Skull Mountain and tastiest! Yes guys, it did happen (you know what I mean)!
After that we all went on Nitro. Amanda and I got the third row, and the rest got the second. Going up the lift hill with the stars above us was really cool. Only Amanda and I would find being on Nitro's lift with stars above us romantic! The ride itself was fantastic! Of course.

After that we went on Batman. It was actually a bit rougher than usual, but it was still smoother than any SLC I've ever been on, and  it was also really cold. We walked over to Main Street and played with some ghouls. It was funny to see people think he was a ghoul. We walked over to Dead Man's Party and cought about 15 minutes of it. It was pretty cool actually. I filmed some of it too. We than took our VIG pass and walke dover to Kingda ka. Presented it to Security and we went up the ramp and we got to the station and saw the ride broken. 15 minutes later they open the chain and let people into the ONE train! They shut the chain and we wait. It broke again! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! 10 minutes later they open the chain and Amanda and I run into the second row, Kenny and Spike get the 3rd and Anthony gets 4th. We are two trains away. When we were next, it broke down! Ten minutes later it reopened and we got on. Good ride, VERY COLD!

After that Amanda and Kenny had to go home, so Anthony, Spike and I went down to the Lake and watched the Fireworks.  After that we walked through the grave yard and went to the Terror Trails, it was closed at 9! On the way we ran into Ryan (NitroRyder33), Nick, Kyle (Six Flags Freek), and Killer Chiller. Ryan made a public announcment too. I also saw the new GM. He's scary! We walked over the Haunted Bridge (whitch looked better in daylight) and rode El Toro. It was great, escpecially when the guy next to me kept screaming, "OH MY GOD! YOU WHORE! HOLLY ----! YOU -----! YOU HO!" It was really funny! While coming back into the station we stopped short (one row off) and the train infront of us was stuck on the lift. Wow how fimiliar! They moved us up and we got off.

After that we walked around again and went on Batman. It was good again. And Jeanette was working so it was nice to see her. It was 11 now and we saw someone go into Skull Mountain, so we followed. We were shocked to see the chain down and there was someone cleaning there and said nothing to us. An employee was walking down the queue and said nothing to us too. We get into the station and realize it's eriely quiet and the work lights are on and the train's aren't on the track. The ops saw us and told us it was closed (no duh). We then left the park.

It was a great day, but Frigh Fest itself, wasn't that good!

Rolling Thunder stuck!

"Here's Joker!"

Frigh Fest wasn't too frightfull this year

Kenny

This car is kind of far from the Parking Lot

BLOOD FOUNTAIN!

CLOWN!

Amanda who wants to be a Tiger!

Medusa had an insane line!

El Toro needs to get fixed!

Amanda and I next for El Toro

Superstition was cool!

"Elvira looks like she's having an orgasm"-Anthony

LOOK AT GASM's LINE!

Amanda and GASM

Twister's line was WAY too long!

Amanda is emo!

Kenny is metrosexual!

Skull Mountain was fantastic!

Dead Man's Party YO!

Me with the Dead Girls!

Amanda at Kingda ka

Amanda is upset because Kingda Ka keeps breaking down!

We did get on though! (Doesn't the guy infront of us look kind of like Stew?)

Fireworks are cool!

Cool shot of Batman.

It truely was a great night!

-Dainan "Excellent way to end my season" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
Re: 10/14/06
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:09:04 AM »
Elvira and Wok n' Roll sounds like a great night!
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:58:56 AM »
Superstition is that in the 3D  Sponge bob  theater  ?
I may hit up the park this Friday and get the shows done I missed a week ago.

I haven't seen Scream Machine with a line Like that since 1989
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 10:35:54 PM »
I'm finally catching up on reading after being away for 8 days.  Awesome TR dude.  That picture of the GASM line actually freaked me out a little lol

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 07:55:03 AM »
That Medusa line is nuts... I remember waiting on the bridge opening year for it on some days and actually getting off the ride in 45 minutes... ahh those were the days! If the crew from 1999 is reading this, COME BACK!!!

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 08:40:17 AM »
That line for GASM was scary, but it was dispatching with no stacking. Medusa was only running two trains and stacking. I remember in 1999 waiting while it overflowed and getting in on in under an hour!

-Dainan "*sigh*...the good ole' days!" Rafferty

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 10:03:27 AM »
I'm sincerely hoping we'll see some of that enthusiasm return next season.  Ride uptime and capacity are one of their key objectives for this park. 

Honestly, they probably didn't bother with the 3rd train because the crew couldn't handle it.  The stacking would have been 10 times worse.  I'm not aware of any budget contraints on coasters with ready trains (Nitro, Medusa and Supes mostly) that are restricting them from running at full capacity.  Ah yes, the good ol' days.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »
The nitro crew CAN handle a 3rd train when they want to. Most of the time its when the Australian/British guy is working. (Forgot his name) But on Medusa, everytime this year I have seen a 3rd train, both are on the brake run waiting to come in. I think I sat on the brake run more then the actual ride time.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 07:01:22 PM »
Here comes the voice of dissent.

Good Old Days?

War on Lines?

Evolution that almost never ran?

Closed ride after closed ride after closed ride?

Yes, Medusa's 99 crew was fantastic, but they were a bright spot in a very depressing park otherwise.  I'd take friends to GAd, and have to convince them before going to take joy in what was open, not anger at what was not.

And I haven't even mentioned wonderful rides like Jump or Frisbee, which in the case of the first, broke down for a hobby, and in the case of the second, got very poor ridership due to the poorest location in the park business, saving perhaps Italian Stunt Job at Paramount's Kings Island (a location terrible for entirely different reasons).

I think the worst problem now is that they are almost forcing people to buy premium line jumper status in order to enjoy the park.  This may be short term smart, but it is NOT a good long term strategy.

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 08:04:36 PM »
The nitro crew CAN handle a 3rd train when they want to. Most of the time its when the Australian/British guy is working. (Forgot his name) But on Medusa, everytime this year I have seen a 3rd train, both are on the brake run waiting to come in. I think I sat on the brake run more then the actual ride time.

His name is Adrian and he's British. Also Nitro ran 3 trains

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 08:13:15 PM »
And Adrian IS fantastic.  He's enthusiastic, fun and professional.  An ideal park employee and ambassador of fun!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 09:44:24 PM »
Thanks for posting that lol.  I've been going crazy trying to remember his name after just talking to a friend of mine about him.  YES, Adrian is one of the best they have!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 02:57:20 AM »
Adrian and Ryan together has to be one of the greatest ride op duos in the park. Ive seen both bust there ass to not have the trains stacked, great job guys keep it up!

As for the lines, those lines will drive me insane, when scream machine has a line that means you should be outside of a 2 mile radius of the park cause its way too crowded  :P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 02:59:00 AM by Yanks2Jets14 »
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »
The thing with Scream Machine is that even with a completely packed queue like that you could probably still get on the ride in 45 minutes with 3 train operation.

Where is darkridedan when you need him lol  I know he can tell us :)

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »
Adrian, Connor and Ryan are the best.  I hope the park knows just how good they are.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 01:59:41 PM »
 ;) 2 seater trains take less time to load then 4 across.  ;)

GASM's line should move as fast as Nitro if everything goes right.

Here's Adrian (on the left):

Rob you tool!

;D You know four people from 2001 and you bring on the 99 crew?  :P 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:37:00 PM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 08:24:52 AM »
Hey, Cody is in the middle!