Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 10/21 Why would you PAY for this ????  (Read 3961 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
10/21 Why would you PAY for this ????
« on: October 21, 2006, 10:56:21 PM »
Ok we went to the park today to walk around . We got there late as my DD has a saturday class to go to . We paid for the "perfered"  parking and had to look for someone to leave to get a spot there . Why were they still selling passes to park there if the lot was full? Almost went to get myy $5 back. After getting into the park I could see that this was truley going to be a walk around type of day. The flash pass line was headed down past the fountain . After seeing this my kids went to Nitro and waited the 2 hours to ride. While they did that we did BBLTT, Fantsay Fling, Jolly roger and part of LTSP. Off to visit the other side of the park. Went toward KK to see the line at Balins Bazzar had to be at least 4 plus hours. Off to tango which had a line  :o. We never wait for this . Now we went past ET this line was insane the line was out the que and down toward the bridge to medusa . Well it had to be a 3 hour wait and there were still people waiting there . ET was also having issues today as we sat there and watched it run empty a few times. Over the bridge to see medusa and what a line that was out past the medusa sign now I really knew the park was getting crazy and it was time toget ready to go . Stopped on LTNP for a few small rides with my son and then off to the other side again the older two wanted to play DDR one moer time before the season ends for us. Walked around to the see BTR 's line out into the que had to be over an hour and nitro's line well it was out the que and down towards LTSP's enterance. Walked toward chiller to go to musik express and that even had a huge line . With the smell of POT in the air we headed out of the area and back to the arcade to pickup my DD. waited to see Deadmands party which happened to be pretty good. Now we were leaving here is where is got a little scary outside of the park in the parking lot we saw at least 5-6 state troopers with rifles out and walking around . There had to be at least 8-10 trooper cars there and they were dressed for what looked like big problems. It was 7:30 now and there were still lines of people waiting to get into the park. While leaving the lot I noticed people parking by HH to get into the park there  was actually a line to get in to park . It was a mad house to say the least. I was wondering if anyone was there and waited to leave at 11 PM because I can only iminage the wait to leave the park tonight.

My thing is I know that FF is a really big draw but with FP sold out and so many people in the park why continue letting people in?? Isn't there a saftey issue here with that many people in the park?? I know it is a money making time of the year for them but today could have really been a safety issue. Too many people let in . Does anyone know what the limit for people in the park is and how they determine if it is safe to continue letting people in? And not to mention the class of people comming in . I hope the family image wasn't on show there today because I didn't see it all day never mind at night.

Looking forward to next season can we start a count down once the park closes next week??

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 10/21 Why would you PAY for this ????
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:30:12 PM »
The park does have a capacity limit that probably wasn't even hit today.  The troopers were likely called in because the park knew they had potential for problems but doesn't really say something happened.  Actually, that is good to hear as far as I'm concerned.

The issue with the crowds is centered more around selling those stupid flash passes.  When you have sucky capacity on rides that always break down or running with fewer trains, you can't handle the load.  Flash Pass just adds to the wait and causes the crowd to become rather angry.

This happens each and every year so I'm not all that surprised.  I do think next season with the proper budget will see increased capacity across the board which will make them more capable of handling so many people.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 11:34:03 PM »
They didnt open up the overflow line on BTR? Why dont they just do that....?

I too am looking forward to just closing the park and having next season open. I cant wait to see what the new budget will bring to us.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 12:56:19 AM »
Get rid of Flash Pass! It really makes things so much worse.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 02:26:10 AM »
Flash Pass isn't the problem, the implementation of it is.  The problem is that there is no restriction on how many reservations can be made in a given time period.  If they put some sort of restriction on it, then it would make things a LOT better.  Flash Pass is fine until there are too many people.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coastermom

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 07:14:45 AM »
The flash pass system would work better if the parks wasn't so money hungry. I didn't mention the fact that it looked like they were giving refunds to upset guests.  There acutally was a line for the FP enterance to every ride. Either get the rides moving the right way or get rid of the FP untill the park can run properly without it. Do people know  the park is open the rest of the year too?? I don't understand though if the park is that crowded for FF why not visit more then once ?? Think about it for what you pay for one day and get a flash pass you could get a season pass visit during the year then do what we do just visit FF for the FF attractions or to walk around. Maybe it just makes sence to only me.

Can't wait for next season Rise and scream mornings!! But guys what to do with the kids tilll next season now ::)? 5-6 months with no plans for the days off and weekends  :(

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 08:52:10 AM »
I have only one point.

Some of those guests came to see the NEW Six Flags.

Same as the old Six Flags.

It's going to take a long, long, long time to ever get some of them back.  If ever.

Dumb.

Just dumb.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 09:05:05 AM »
I agree Flash Pass should only be limited, because when you pay $160(Gold Flash Pass) bucks for a family of four to skip the lines and then here you are waiting another hour. Then what the heck do you pay for? I seen alot of people this summer complain about that and when I returned the Flash Pass people are literally yelling at the people at the beoth about it.

Offline Brandilicious

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 10:53:41 AM »
I went to the park yesterday also and purchased a gold Flash pass... The only rides i had to wait for with the flash pass was superman which had a 90 minute wait when I got to it and with the flash pass i waited about 15 minutes once i got to the flash pass entrance. The second ride i had to wait for was kingda ka, with the flash pass i had to wait about an half an hour. And at one point the shut down the flash pass for that line because it was so backed up. But waiting on that line wasnt that bad because from me waiting that long I got my first ride on Ka when it was dark and it was insane.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 12:44:37 PM »
I went to the park yesterday also and purchased a gold Flash pass... The only rides i had to wait for with the flash pass was superman which had a 90 minute wait when I got to it and with the flash pass i waited about 15 minutes once i got to the flash pass entrance. The second ride i had to wait for was kingda ka, with the flash pass i had to wait about an half an hour. And at one point the shut down the flash pass for that line because it was so backed up. But waiting on that line wasnt that bad because from me waiting that long I got my first ride on Ka when it was dark and it was insane.

You must have hit it just right as with Nitro they were backed up down the stairs and around with the FP . I would be pretty ticked off if that were me and I paid extra for it. I didn't even atempt to walk all the way down toward KK as the line when I saw it was out to Balins Bazzar. Now that had to have been insane to wait on.

Brandilicious did you stay till 11 ? Was it insane leaving? we were out of there by 7:15 and saw mobs of people still comming in I couldn't even think of how the parking lot was leaving.

ChuckR it is a lot of money and to not have a seperate line all together is just insane. To make people merge with the line like in Disney is crazy as the FP in disney is free. And in universal we walked on almost everyride with the express. The only line we mergered with i believe was spiderman and DD but it wasn't nearly as bad as anything I seen yesterday.                                                                                                               

Same old stuff as everyother year at the end it always gets crazy Maybe they should start fright fest earlier next season Any ideas on that ??  That might make it easier to eal with the crowds as oct. is now worse the in the middle of the summer on a saturday .

Offline Brandilicious

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 08:38:07 PM »
I left the park a little bit after 9. Since I had been there since the park opened. I'd ridden everything except for toro, they shut that down for a while, then when im making my way towards the fountain I see it running again. The crowd was just becomming too much for me so I had to get outta there. It seemed like the bulk of the crowd started comming in around 3 or 4 but after six forget about it. Walking past dead mans party while they were performing was just nuts. While I was on line for Ka I was talking to one of the Gaurds and he was telling me that we should have came Friday night because the park was empty. I have learned me lesson for the future. Never ever go to fright fest on a saturday!!!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 08:31:05 AM »
Wow. That sounds really bad. I thought it was bad when I went on the 14th. If I didn't get the VIG pass, I would've waited on the Flashpass line for a Gold Q-bot!

-Dainan "Medusa's line was longer on the 14th though." Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 12:06:47 PM »
Can't wait for next season Rise and scream mornings!! But guys what to do with the kids tilll next season now ::)? 5-6 months with no plans for the days off and weekends  :(
Take them Skiing it's the next best thing to riding coasters.
You get the speed,sometimes smooth sometimes bumpy and you get the wind in your face but cold and also great exercise.
Downside you can't where flip flops but some places do have outdoor HOT pools.
Tip: go on a weekday cheaper and much much less crowded

PM me for best places and deals
Yo