Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Need Disney help Wade ...  (Read 2248 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Need Disney help Wade ...
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:37:35 PM »
Ok we usually stay at the port orleans riverside but we are going with another family and need some help. We are a party of 5 and they are a party of 4. We looked into the hoteles that are on site but not disney hotels like the best western and wydham . Here is the question do you know if they are included in the extra hours program and if you get to use the transportation as regular disney guests do. If not then we will be going back to the port orleans . Thanks Wade. :D

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Need Disney help Wade ...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 01:29:34 PM »
After looking at both websites for these hotels.... I found they only offer free shuttles to the parks.

"Our air-conditioned luxury motor coaches provide you with scheduled service to all Walt Disney World? Theme Parks."

Maybe try and call and find out. Here are the numbers -

Best western
 2000 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830, USA
Reservations: 1.800.348.3765
Telephone:  1.407.828.2424

Wyndham
8001 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32819
United States
Phone: 407-351-2420

Another place for info is www.disboards.com or maybe  www.Mice chat.com or even www.allearsnet.com

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:43:18 PM »
Keep in mind that those are "shuttles", not transportation.  This would indicate that you could have upwards of 1 hour waits or longer for that bus to show up.

The Hilton in the WDW Resort is the only off-property hotel to offer Extra Magic Hours but again, shuttle service only.

Also remember that Port Orleans Riverside does have Aligator Bayou which has a trundle bed on the side closest to the door which enables you to sleep 5 in one room.

IMO, the benefits of being onsite far outweigh the cost savings using the DTD hotels.  Especially the bus service :)

edit:  just found a pic of that trundle bed - http://allearsnet.com/acc/dxl23.jpg
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:47:11 PM by WadeJ »

Offline coastermom

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:33:42 PM »
Yeah that is kind of what I thought . I will be going back to port orleans .  Wade we have used the trundle bed before it truley is a great little place to stay . I like that it is not too crowded like the all stars can get and that the price is just right . Though it did go up from last year. Thanks again guys :D

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 10:15:04 PM »
STAY ON SITE ! As wade said the transportation to the parks are terrible from any hotel that is not operated by Disney. Plus you can look forward to seeing the newly redesigned food court at Riverside.

Not too many people know this but All Star Music now has suites that can accommodate 6 guest. Check it out here:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_asuites.htm

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 09:04:25 AM »
I was going to mention those but IMO, I felt they were a tad on the pricey side for where they are located.  When you walk out the door, you are still at a rather lame, economy resort which doesn't always cater to the greatest clientle.  Now if they put those in at a moderate, sign me up!  If the surroundings of the resort don't bother you, those suites do look really nice.

I am a tad bummed though that the best food court on the entire property is going to be basically closed when we are there next week :(.  I'll admit it actually needed the updating but it still sucks.  And the resort is that good that we are staying anyway! :)  The new Riverside Mill should be ready by mid-April.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »
Wade what Hotels do you recommend onsite or offsite in the low to moderate price range?
There are so many hotels to choose from.
thanks
Yo

Offline coastermom

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 10:34:46 AM »
Yeah Wade where are you guys staying?? I didn't know about the suites at ASM but I wasn't really crazy about ASM when we stayed there before my son was born. I really enjoy the riverside resort and am going to book it . I also heard teachers may get a discount at the swan and dolphin during the summer . Hubby is a teacher and I am a PARA i wonder how that works . Has anyone stayed at either of these places ? Is it any fun for a 5 ,12 or 15 year old??  Thanks Guys

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »
We are still doing POR even with the limited menus at Riverside Mill.  Its still worth it just to see Bob Jackson play the piano, the atmosphere, rooms, price, boats, etc.  Worst case, we'll walk over to French Quarter food court or pay a little more to sit at Boatrights Dining Hall.  Plus, we already have refillable mugs for POR lol.

Swan and Dolphin.....very nice hotels but remember, they aren't Disney resorts.  They have much more of a business/convention hall type feel to them and are very good at what they are for.  They are also very nicely located (though they RUINED our view from World Showcase!) and within walking distance to Boardwalk and Epcot.  The kids may feel slightly out of place though just because of the actual lack of other kids or noise even.  There is still plenty for them to do though with pools, arcade, a VERY nice mini golf, etc.

My wifes cousin is a event cooridnator for Swan/Dolphin so I know a thing or two about them and even she'll tell you, it doesn't quite have that Disney feel to it.  Still VERY nice places to stay though.  Esp. if you can get a good discount.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 02:14:48 PM »
i think i am going to stick with the POR . i am going to see what the discount is but i don't think it will be worth staying there . i really enjoy POR and have stayed there the last 2 times we went so we are comfortable with the rooms and the layout of the hotel.

Offline UrsaMajor

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Yeti Conqueror
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 02:37:38 PM »
The Coronado Springs is another very nice resort to consider- but it also has that reputation of a 'business' hotel although unlike Swan and Dolphin it is Disney-owned.

You really can't go wrong with POR, however.

All the way to Nepal and back in a tidy 3 minutes...Expedition Everest