Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: No word yet on where the  (Read 2634 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
No word yet on where the
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
Thomas the Tank engine themed areas will be huh . i was looking through some Home pages through SF web site but didn't see anything except Wiggles world and dream nite stuff. anyone hear anything yet? Thanks  ::)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: No word yet on where the
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:51:54 AM »
"Two to three Six Flags parks would add a Wiggles World each year, said Six Flags Chief Executive Mark Shapiro. The first will be at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, N.J.

The Thomas the Tank Engine areas will also roll out over a few years. That's about it so far on Thomas."

I thought it was going in at SFNE, but it seems they are getting Wiggles world first as well.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:37:57 PM »
Yeah I have been looking around for it. My son is a Thomas Freak and would love that type of area. We are really not into the wiggles too much . I wish they were announcing where the Thomas areas were . Thinking of a possiable side trip somewhere if it was easy enough to swing .

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 05:40:54 PM »
Looks like SFNE is getting Thomas The Tank.

http://www.sixflags.com/whats_new.asp

Not that I like Thomas the Tank, but it actually makes sense to put it at SFNE!
It looks like coastermom will be taking a trip to SFNE.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »
OHHH yeah . I don't know I really would like to go but now we are off to Disney this summer for a week . This is a toss up SFNE or Hershey park. He really loves Thomas but we could really go see the "real" thomas in Lancaster PA . Thanks for posting though. Can anyone tell me just incase we go how far from NYC is it and is it worth a trip for a weekend ?? A friday and saturday?

Thanks

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »
I hope it is a credit, cause in that case, We get to see some of Updates finest credit whores riding Thomas!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 09:53:06 PM »
You know you are really sad when you don't count anything but wood coasters and Volcanoes: The Blast Coasters, and STILL ride a Thomas!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 10:30:45 PM »
I am SO there LMAO

Okay, I'll bring the kids to.  I think they would like it :)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 11:26:21 PM »
Can anyone tell me just incase we go how far from NYC is it and is it worth a trip for a weekend ?? A friday and saturday?

It's a bout a 2.5- 3 hr trip from NYC.  You can probably do the whole park in one day with the following day spent at Lake Compounce, so yes it's totally worth it.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:18:59 AM »
Yup Looks like a trip for us. Mentioned it to my DH and he said we could do that and do Hershey another time . So three trips in one year!! Thanks again . My son will love it (I HOPE) .

IS there anything we shouldn't miss at SFNE besides Superman ?? And now Thomas? We have never been there and are going to look at going a Thursday or Friday into Sunday. Thanks guys

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »
Depends how fast you Drive on I-95, and I-84(?), If you do casual driving itll be about 3-4 Hours, If you do NASCAR driving then about 2.5/3ours h, From Staten Island I made it there in about 2 hrs. 45 Min
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coastermom

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 08:56:15 AM »
So about 3 hours from SI . That is great because as you know that is where we are comming from too. We are lookoing forward to seeing a new park.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 09:05:50 AM »
And free parking with your Gadv season pass parking :)

Offline coastermom

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »
Free Parking too Wade?? I thought you had to pay for parking ? Well that is good to hear. We are going for 3 days . I figure one and a half days in the park looks like enough. I wonder for all of you that have been there do you need a flash pass to enjoy the park? can it be done with out the FP? WE are staying at the country inns and suites  And please share what we need to ride there other then superman .

After writing this I recieved a call from SFNE . I left  a message asking about a Parent Swap policy and the nicest lady called me back. She told me about what the policy was and then told me about the parking too. She is pretty sure that it will be chain wide. We also spoke about the Thomas area ,they are getting the wiggles as well . Now I am excited to go . :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:54:13 AM by coastermom »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
Well...since a certain someone should have a Six Flags Over Georgia parking pass very soon, I guess we will find out on opening day if the season pass parking is truly chain wide! :)

If it is, that's a GREAT deal.  Cedar Fair is charging $70 for an All Ohio parking pass alone.  As far as I know, no chain wide parking pass is available there at ANY price.