Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Rolling Thunder  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Rolling Thunder
« on: April 12, 2007, 06:18:24 PM »
Even though Rolling Thunder is not the best coaster, it always makes me laugh. I find the ending of the ride hilarious. It is so funny how the cars exit the last bunny hop and speed through a turn that seems to have no bank to it, then the trains come to an abrupt halt. New coasters would probably never be designed with a turn where the trains have a good amount of speed and go through a turn that haves no banking at all. That part of Rolling Thunder always cracks me up. What does everyone else think about Rolling Thunder?

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Re: Rolling Thunder
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 06:39:01 PM »
I love Rolling Thunder!  :-*  While it's not the best coaster, I certainly don't think it's as bad as most people make it out to be.  Whenever we go to the park, RT is the one coaster we must ride on every visit.  It was my first wooden coaster and will always have a special place in my heart. 

With Dan in control and both sides ready to roll, I think this will especially be a good year for RT.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:45:12 PM by coastersue »

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »
I miss the old days of one side going backwards!!It is a great ride but a little rough sometimes.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 09:10:40 PM »
I love RT and as I said earlier, it seems RT is a bit smoother this year.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 09:23:39 PM »
I adore Rolling Thunder...it's not my favorite US wood (that would be The Georgia Cyclone), but it's darn close.  And it is far better than many give it credit for.  It hurts that some call it Rolling Dumpster, Rotting Flounder, etc.  It truly is a great ride that would be even better if it just got some much needed TLC.

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 10:38:26 PM »
 The middle rows are alot smoother on Rolling Thunder. Sometimes it can be very enjoyable.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »
^As in rows 2, 5 and 8?

Because yes, I find them the most enjoyable since they are not on the wheels.