Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New Parking System / Season Pass Parking  (Read 4744 times)

Offline twistedrails

• Affiliate
  • Koala Canyon
    • East Coast Coasters
New Parking System / Season Pass Parking
« on: April 02, 2007, 09:42:20 PM »
I just wanted to get a topic started to get information on the new parking system straight and for any comments and concerns on it to be addressed hopefully.

First of all looking at the new Six Flags Website I was unable to find anything on parking, not even prices. I even tried using the Six Flags site's search function and found no results. Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't think so.

Having not made my usual opening day trip (I plan on going tomorrow) I picked up on a few comments that have been made already but would like clarification if possible from anyone who went today.

Quote from: Coasterbuzz
I went to SFGADV today and they have new toll booths. Every other one is credit card machine with 3 options. Season Pass, Preferred, Regular parking. This caused a lot of head aches this morning for people trying to get to lanes with people in it and others not knowing how to use the system

Already I'm fearing the chaos that I'm going to be met with but any help would be appreciated...lol

Getting into the park they had just three manned booths open and three automated booths. Nobody was using the automated booths. I pulled up to one, and they DO NOT accept season passes, season pass holders MUST use manned booths for now. They said a system needed to be added for season passes, but then just let me through.

Does this mean they don't accept season parking passes at the automated booths but you can buy them? Is there something stopping you from driving right on in at the automated booths if you have your parking pass(ex: gates)?

Nick (chilled) already answered my question about what they give you at the manned booths, which is just a reciept to pick up a parking STICKER (ugh!) at the season pass processing center, I'm assuming the automated booths just spit out a receipt as well?

Once again any information on parking it would probably be a good idea to compile here.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: New Parking System / Season Pass Parking
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 09:56:26 PM »
Already I'm fearing the chaos that I'm going to be met with but any help would be appreciated...lol

It's quite simple, press the green button first and select which parking you need. $15  parking  $25 preferred $45 parking pass. Once you have chosen your option place a credit card in the machine as shown. Once you do that it will spit out you're card and a receipt showing which option you paid for.

After you have the receipt walk up the exit side of the season pass processing area and just ask an employee nicely" Do I really need to wait in line for a parking sticker" Hopefully you find the lady I had and she will give you a sticker. Plus since you are there just give you're pass to lane 1 for a coupon book. Took me less than 2 minutes to complete those task.

About what to do once you have a season parking sticker ? I have no clue yet.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:57:57 PM by Bubba Z »

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 10:10:20 PM »
From what I heard, it goes on your pass.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:23:49 PM »
^Right, but I was referring to the next time I went to the park. I guess I'll need to stop so they can see that little red sticker.

Offline twistedrails

• Affiliate
  • Koala Canyon
    • East Coast Coasters
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »
Thanks for the help guys!

Some other questions (although I'll find out tomorrow)

Are the parking passes actually chainwide now?

As far as the new system I'm still curious as to if the automated lanes have gates to prevent people from just driving through. If not, it seems like it could be an issue for people trying to avoid paying, and if so it could be an issue for people with parking passes.

I know this has been said over and over but they could really solve alot of problems with a season PARKING pass lane, unlike the two booths to the far left last year that had the sign that said SEASON PASSES, but everyone used anyway.

I feel like I'm complaining and I didn't even go yet. I should stop that.
*tries to keep an open mind*

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 11:26:22 PM »
They are chainwide now which is awesome!

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 02:22:33 AM »
The lanes have gates on them that would prevent someone from simply driving through.

According to the supervisor that I talked to at the booths, those with season parking passes will eventually get some sort of transceiver that will go in your windshield and automatically open the gate for you when you drive up.

The passes are indeed chianwide.  My pass is actually a Six Flags America pass.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »
Getting into the park yesterday was an absolute mess.  They need to do something about people driving around everyone on the left and then cutting in at the last minute.  If it weren't for that, we probably would've gotten in in half the time.

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
I'd have to agree with that, but I do it knowing more lanes are open on that side.(Not to cut people off   >:()   The problem is they should have made the entrance gates on a straight road and not on a crazy curve.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 10:40:30 AM »
With the increase in Season passes this year (and parking passes) and the season pass push.
I would think / they should have a dedicated lane all the way on the left side or even another single lane access road separate from the main gate for people that already have a parking pass.
Why should I wait inline if I already paid for my parking pass and if all the attended will do is say "ok your good go ahead".
I got there around 11:15am and just went to the left and got stuck in the automated lane.There was a guard there and he just let me go when I shown him my pass.

THis drove me more nuts then a 2 train KK.  ::)
its a no brainer.
Grocery stores have 5 items or less lanes and if I paid for a prescription at CVS in the back pharmacy why should I then go up to the cashier up front and wait inline again to show them I paid in the back ?   :o

ok I'm fine now
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:42:35 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »
I think the curved road is the problem because you have no way of knowing what lanes are open until it's too late.  I'm sure there's some who go left on purpose to cut everyone off, but I think it's more that people were thinking lanes on the left were open and then finding out they're not.

I do think it would be nice to have one lane specifically for people with season parking.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 02:04:15 PM »
I think this all comes down to not being ready on time.  Combine that with all of the computers going down yesterday and you had a disaster.

I know they definately plan to have SP-only dedicated lanes but unfortunately, as Nathan mentioned, that will require the distribution of a transponder for your car just like EZPass.  Hopefully we will all have the ability to pick one of those up by this summer.

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 03:32:41 PM »
Perhaps one day they will be able to charge it to your EZPass (it's always nice to dream ;) )
is back? in black?

Offline twistedrails

• Affiliate
  • Koala Canyon
    • East Coast Coasters
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 03:40:35 PM »
A transponder would be ideal with a dedicated lane, but wouldn't a single dedicated lane with an employee do just as well?

Having been to the park today the automated system seems like it'll work once they have some instructions on the machines because there are none now, and I would have probably been confused if there wasn't an attendent. The only problem otherwise is actually not being able to tell what lane you are in from far back since you're on the curve. If the lanes were marked like on the ground that would probably help.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 03:55:58 PM »
Transponders would be good, but I hope they have the ability to be switched between cars or it'll be back to the same problem as last year with the car stickers.

Markings on the ground would be helpful as far as what each lane is, but that still wouldn't tell people what lanes are open or not until they've rounded the curve.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 04:26:33 PM »
Hopefully ALL lanes will be open if they are automated :)

I suspect painted lanes will be coming along with instructions but for the transponder, I don't know how they could keep you from moving it from car to car so we should be good on that Sue :)

Twisted, if they could hire (and keep) enough employees, this entire setup wouldn't even be taking place ;)  That was the main reason for this being implemented.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 04:32:30 PM »
The transponder would be in addition to the sticker or wording on the season pass itself, I'm guessing?  The transponder would only be good for GA and I'm sure you'd still need to show the pass at other parks?

I just read on another site that at SFKK you have to pay for parking and then get your money refunded at GR.  I was wondering how it would work at that park since the parking has nothing to do with Six Flags.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 05:58:45 PM »
I can see it now.
Transponders will increase the parking to $60 or higher.
Option would be nice.
But I still think if they have a dedicated Lane all they have to do is wave you on when they look at your parking pass  it would be like stopping for about 5 seconds.

my 2 cents
Yo

Offline Fjask

• Affiliate
  • Carousel
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 10:13:04 PM »
Transponders sound like a great idea, but I have a small issue with that.  How is it going to go on the car?  I don't want to attach any type of sticker-type adhesive to my car.  :-\

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 09:10:57 AM »
I hope, if its like EZpass, it will be a tiny little plastic box that you can with velcro above the rearview mirror or just hold up there when you drive through.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 11:13:09 AM »
Now that I think about it, they really couldn't give you a car sticker since parking is now good at all SF parks.  If one of us from the east coast were to go to SFMM, I doubt we'd have our cars with us.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 09:39:44 PM »
EZ Pass transponders ain't cheap.

I can't imagine the park using them....

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 09:51:17 PM »
They don't need transponders.. An open lane with someone checking stickers would go faster than a transponder.  With a transponder you need the gate to keep opening and closing.  With an open lane and someone checking, they can just wave you through and it would be much cheaper.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 10:01:13 PM »
And one of the most expensive parts of the transponder system is the readers at the gates.  Batteries also fail, and administration of those things is yet another headache the park really does NOT need.

Seems to me to be a solution to a problem that really doesn't exist...

Offline twistedrails

• Affiliate
  • Koala Canyon
    • East Coast Coasters
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 08:50:15 AM »
Twisted, if they could hire (and keep) enough employees, this entire setup wouldn't even be taking place ;)  That was the main reason for this being implemented.

The key word being KEEP ;) , as of now it seems they have enough people to staff even the automated lanes.

If the transponder is going to be trouble and if it is really that much of a staffing issue, they could always go with magnetic stripped cards. They could have a dedicated lane, or if they want to make pass holders wait in an automated line (horrible idea) the credit card readers could probably even read them. Sure, it's not exactly what I would do, but its another possible solution.