Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Hard Rock Park Updates/Info  (Read 9726 times)

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Hard Rock Park Updates/Info
« on: April 10, 2007, 07:40:26 PM »
Hard Rock Park attractions announced

www.hardrockpark.com/press/pressRelease.pdf

Click here http://tinyurl.com/2sofql for 4mb full size

Hard Rock Park attractions announced

Two roller coasters - one jamming to '80s tunes, another blasting Southern rock - a cafe reminiscent of the '60s and a Jamaican-themed water play area are among the attractions that will fill the Hard Rock Park.

Six zones will cater to music fans' different tastes, from country to British rock. A heavy-metal comedy act dubbed "Roadies Stunt Show" will feature acrobatics and pyrotechnics.

The 140-acre park's developers, working on the park's financing and plan for more than four years, unveiled the details Monday, kicking off a six-city promotional tour at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City.

Each stop will net a piece of Hard Rock memorabilia to go in the park, including a graffiti-covered wall from the notorious CBGB rock club in New York City, which closed last year, and a white studded cape owned and worn on stage by Elvis Presley.

The park is scheduled to open in April 2008. Tickets will sell for $46.

"We've been dreaming up Hard Rock Park for the last few years and we can't wait to start showing people what they can expect to experience," Steven Goodwin, the park's CEO, said in a news release Monday morning. "From the innovative technology to develop the rides and the entertainment experience to the truly priceless memorabilia we will have on display and special events we will host, visitors can expect a new standard of fun to rock fans of all ages."

Among the park's attractions:

# Maximum RPM! | A convertible car-coaster that races to 1980s new age hits

# Midnight Rider | A Southern Rock roller coaster that careens through a creepy abandoned lumber mill.

# Reggae River Falls | A Jamaican-themed water play area.

# Garage Jam! | A foam ball play-station

# Carnaby Street Cafe | A 1960s joint featuring gigantic lava lamps and traditional British fare

# Roadies Stunt Show | A high-action comedy starring heavy metal riggers performing acrobatics and pyrotechnics

# An amphitheater

# Mainstreet Gas & Gifts | An old gas station converted to a surf shop where antique glass gas pumps become kid- powered whirlpools.

The park will have six features catering to different genres:

# 1. All Access Entry Plaza - Stores and public spaces

# 2. Rock & Roll Heaven - Explores the feelings and emotions "behind the music," including the influences and the legends

# 3. British Invasion - Celebrates rock 'n' roll English style. The look and feel of London creates a backdrop to explore rock's most influential artists and musical genres

# 4. Lost in the 70's - An indoor mall featuring the '70s genres of punk, disco and glam

# 5. Born in the USA - Salutes the birthplace and "melting pot" of rock

# 6. Cool Country - The music of the South

Now that details have been released, officials are hitting the road in their most high- profile piece of memorabilia, the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour Bus, to promote the park. The bus will hit the Hard Rock Cafes in six cities, starting in New York today, then return to Myrtle Beach on April 18 for the opening of a preview center. The center, on the park site in Fantasy Harbour off U.S. 501, will give people a glimpse at what the park will look like.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 10:44:54 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Hard Rock Park attractions announced
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:17:43 PM »
OHH now if we go back in the summer I will have to go see the preview center . We did go past the park construction site and it was intresting to see the photos now of how it will look. Can't wait to go and $46 not a bad price :) .

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 10:21:55 PM »
Is that a Eurofighter?

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 12:57:49 AM »
Led Zeppelin Coaster:

www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline
Coaster will feature a high-fidelity, on-board audio system synched to Led Zeppelin's hit single "Whole Lotta Love.   COOL this is the music I grew up with

Led Zeppelin plans to take Myrtle Beach for a loop.

A roller coaster synchronized to the band's 1969 song "Whole Lotta Love" will be the signature ride at the Hard Rock Park, spiraling over a lagoon and reaching a height of 155 feet - which would be the tallest coaster in South Carolina.

The band-themed roller coaster is the latest in a string of announcements this week aiming to build buzz for the park, which is scheduled to open in spring 2008.

The park's developers are in the midst of a six-city promotional tour that will end Wednesday in Myrtle Beach with the 8 a.m. opening of a preview center, dubbed "Backstage Tour," that will give a glimpse of what the park will look like.

A concert featuring Sister Hazel, the Marshall Tucker Band and a Led Zeppelin tribute band is scheduled for that night.

Officials released details of the Led Zeppelin roller coaster Friday in Myrtle Beach. No one from the band attended the announcement, though band members are likely to make an appearance in Myrtle Beach once the park opens, said Steven Goodwin, the park's chief executive officer.

A representative for the band in London, Robert Rosenberg of Trinifold Management Ltd., could not be reached for comment Friday.

"Jimmy Page, who has been leading the creative input from the band, has already expressed an interest in coming out and riding the ride, so I am sure people will get to see them when we open the park," Goodwin said.

The attraction starts with guests, inside a zeppelin, watching footage of the band performing, then going on the 90-second ride. The coaster goes upside down six times, with peaks and turns matching moments in the riff-driven song.

"It's the most iconic rock band of all time, and they appeal to multiple generations," said Goodwin, wearing a Led Zeppelin T-shirt. "It's one of those things that unites the whole family."

Band members Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones picked the song and worked on the ride's development, Goodwin said.

"Whole Lotta Love," off the band's second album, "Led Zeppelin II," was the band's first and biggest U.S. hit, peaking at No. 4 on the Billboard chart.

Led Zeppelin, still popular decades after its heyday in the '70s with hits such as "Stairway to Heaven," "All My Love," "Ramble On" and "D'yer Mak'er," connects with grandparents, teens and the generation in between, Goodwin said.

"The younger set has picked it up," said Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of Pollstar Magazine. "Obviously, their popularity has never really ended."

A 13-foot replica statue of "The Hermit," a cloaked man carrying a lit lantern that was featured on the band's "Led Zeppelin IV" album, already has a place at the park, unveiled Friday near the park's office off George Bishop Parkway. The statue will move to the ride's entrance once it opens.

The Led Zeppelin coaster, one of three planned for the park, will run alongside George Bishop Parkway and be the tallest coaster in South Carolina, according to the S.C. Labor, Licensing and Regulation department. It is set to surpass The Borg, which reaches 115 feet and is on the S.C. side of Carowinds near Charlotte, N.C.

The 140-acre Hard Rock Park will include six music-themed zones, a Jamaican-themed water play area, a 10,000-seat amphitheater, restaurants and a live comedy show featuring acrobatics and pyrotechnics.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:14:14 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 01:38:40 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, This Hard Rock Park could single handedly put Universal to Shame and give Disney a run for their money!

Led Zeppelin really is a great band, I am curious as to what the music zones are, it would be sweet to see Boston, ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen and other great classic bands in a zone or two
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 01:46:16 AM »
Competition is good for the consumer.

Yes all the bands I love  I'm a big Classic Van Halen fan,   I love all rock.

The park is scheduled to open in April 2008. Tickets will sell for $46.
lets hope they build more parks in the future.

Looks like a road trip next year is in the works.

Yo

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 01:47:35 AM »
I love Classic Rock as a whole, its great stuff, Van Halen is amazing on the guitar!

Road Trip Yes, especially for the X-car coaster that I see in there :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 11:43:51 AM by Frissbeking »

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 01:50:36 AM »

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »
Unfortunatly, I'm almost 100% sure there is no X-Car for this park.. the only Coaster companies mentioned in the release were B&M, Premier, and Vekoma.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 12:25:17 PM »

Shows the layout better.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 01:10:51 PM »
Man...if an X Car coaster came to this park, I would be sold on going opening day. This looks to be a great coaster. I think I will take a trip down there next year.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 02:01:32 PM »
X Cars are terribly slow and uncomfortable apparenlty!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 03:11:02 PM »
Hmm, Then what other coaster could it be, that is NOT a chainlift and it is some kind of vertical lift...

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »
I thought it was a Eurofighter....but apparently not.

New concept?

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 06:28:05 PM »
Tilt Coaster?

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 08:06:37 PM »
Chuck, we are going. Make reservations now.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 08:35:31 PM »
We just came back from Easter break there and stayed at the Country Inns and Suites . it is RIGHT down the block from the HRP. I say maybe three traffic lights. It is not near the ocean and it has a great free breakfast everyday  ;D YUM . When we return ,maybe on the way home from WDW , this summer we  will stay there for sure. Any other questions just ask we have been there so many times and can't wait to see the park finished next year.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 08:54:03 PM »
Now I have somewhere to pitstop to and from Florida :)

Such a shame it won't be ready by July, and um, October... and probably December, and most likely January lol

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get there next year.

Wade - who still hasn't figured out why he hasn't been to Dutch Wonderland lol

Offline coastermom

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 06:37:08 PM »
We do it all the time it just breaks up the ride . Like I said before anyone need info on nice places to stay just ask we are almost experts down there since we are always there and have friends and family that live there.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »
The funny thing is, I always camp out in Wade's backyard as one pitstop and then Tom's car for a second stop....odd....

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Yo

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 12:47:54 AM »
See now they should build the World's Tallest and Fastest Coaster and call it "Stairway To Heaven" ;)

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 12:15:20 PM »
But who sprints up stairs at 130 mph?

It would have to be a lift hill coaster.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
HARD ROCK MILESTONE
Theme park coaster hits top height
By Jenny Burns - The Sun News

Topping off Video  http://tinyurl.com/yr7rgc

The view from about 140 feet near the top of the roller coaster, Led Zeppelin The Ride, at the Hard Rock Park. The highest point of the coaster is 150 feet. NISSA BENJAMIN/The Sun News \/

Led Zeppelin The Ride
-- Band guitarist Jimmy Page named the attraction
-- Each train holds 32 people
-- Total track length is 3,738 feet
-- Height is 150 feet
-- Six inversions
-- 120-foot tall loop
-- 95-foot tall cobra roll
-- 75-foot tall zero G roll
-- Total weight 1.2 million pounds
-- 65 mph maximum speed

www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/story/128114.html

Hard Rock Park's CEO Steven Goodwin stood on top of the highest point of the Led Zeppelin The Ride roller coaster - 150 feet in the air - on Friday to announce the park's topping ceremony milestone.

The Led Zeppelin roller coaster will be the highest point in the 140-acre theme park when it opens in May.

From the top "you can see the beach and watch planes land," Goodwin said.

The coaster is as high as the Federal Aviation Administration would allow because it's in the flight path of airplanes landing at nearby Myrtle Beach International Airport.

"When you're up there, you can wave at the pilots. I think a couple of them waved back at me," Goodwin said.

Friday's media event marked the first major milestone in the park's construction, which began with much fanfare a year ago. The $400 million park, the first major theme park to be built in the United States in the past decade, is expected to draw 30,000 visitors a day during the summer and employ 2,500 people.

It will have music-themed zones, a Jamaican-themed water play area, a 10,000-seat amphitheater, restaurants and a live comedy show featuring acrobatics and pyrotechnics.

The Led Zeppelin coaster, synchronized to the band's 1969 hit "Whole Lotta Love," is envisioned as the park's signature ride, spiraling over a lagoon.

Park officials said the steel construction of the coaster would end in September and testing would begin in December.

Dummies will first ride the coaster to test the weight, then the engineer that designed it, then volunteers, Goodwin said.

Goodwin said he sat down with the band to plan the ride. They picked out the song and offered input on the design, he said. A representative of the band - Robert Rosenberg, managing director with Trinifold Management Ltd. in Camden, London - could not be reached for comment this week.

"We've partnered with the most iconic rock bank of all time," Goodwin said.

The coaster, running along George Bishop Parkway, is on track to be the tallest coaster in South Carolina, according to the S.C. Labor, Licensing and Regulation department. It is set to surpass The Borg, which reaches 115 feet and is on the S.C. side of Carowinds near Charlotte, N.C.

The coaster, located in the park's Rock & Roll Heaven zone, will begin in a large silver airship, designed to make guests feel like they're stepping onto the cover of the band's debut album. Guests will then watch a five-minute Led Zeppelin performance in a multimedia concert before sitting on the coaster.

The ride reaches 65 miles per hour, goes upside down six times, with peaks and turns matching moments in the riff-driven song. An on-board audio system pumps the song into each car.

Visitors can experience what the ride will be like through a simulation at the park's preview center, called the Backstage Tour.

Amanda Watts, 21, and Santiago Galindo, 26, both of Myrtle Beach, put on the headphones and watched the virtual simulation on Friday. They're ready to climb on.

"Can't wait," Watts said.

"It's better than Orlando," said Galindo.

But Cal McInville of Darlington and his three boys think they'll opt for the park's smaller coasters.

"I ain't going to ride it," he said. "My youngest boy might."

He plans to visit the park many times and thinks the coaster will be a hot attraction.

"Seems like they are going to do it right," McInville said. "It's going to change the whole area."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 10:47:45 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Hard Rock Park Updates/Info
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 09:05:24 PM »
Wow that was quick

Led Zeppelin Theme Park Ride Complete

Construction on Led Zeppelin's new theme park rollercoaster ride has been completed in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The speedy attraction, "Led Zeppelin - The Ride," will open to the public at the new Hard Rock Park in 2008, as part of a number of rock-themed rides.

The six-minute ride (is this correct) will hit 65 miles per hour and speakers conveniently located behind each rider's head will play the rock supergroup's "Whole Lotta Love" throughout the ride.

Existing Led Zepellin stars Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones each participated in the design of the rollercoaster. The 140-acre Hard Rock Park will feature more than 40 attractions when it opens next spring.

www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/07/19/led_zeppelin_theme_park_ride_complete
Yo