Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo TR: 4/28/07  (Read 2838 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Photo TR: 4/28/07
« on: April 29, 2007, 01:10:09 AM »
The Crew:
Me (baby of the group, 16)
Spike (Nitro Fan, 21)
Taryn, 19
Chris, 29

Trip Background Story:

Yesterday, I was in the cafeteria before class started, I was sitting, and I turned to talk to my friend Bryan when all of a sudden I heard a really loud crack and all of a sudden my neck and right shoulder got really still and it was the most pain my neck and shoulder have ever felt. I don't know what I did. All I knew is when I stood it hurt, when I sat it hurt. Bryan and Anthony (my brother) got a dean, they helped me up and got me to the nurse. She checked me out and said I sprained my neck and was having constant spasms. I was taken home, and rested and took a hot shower, so I should be fine.

The Trip
Spike picked me up a little after 2 and we drove to Sayervill, NJ to pick up Taryn. Our mission of the day was two get Taryn on a roller coaster. She's had a fear of them from riding Rolling Thunder (there's a shock!) so we thought we'd get her on a few rides. We arrived at the park, a little before 4. We waited a while for Chris to get there. We went in and I "ran" into Josh (mysterio). I met Will from Coaster World News. And we were on our way. We headed over to Skull Mountain to actually get Taryn on something. Walter was up at Skull and thought it'll be funny to staple me as hard as he could, lol. We waited no longer than five minutes for the first two rows. It was fjn as usual, Taryn screamed a few times, but she was okay.

Chris thought we could get Taryn on Medusa so we headed over there. The line was in the last switchback, but they were running three trains, so we waited probably 15 minutes. We got the 7th row and were lovked and Taryn decided to bail (She didn't go on anything else the whole day). We asked them to unlock and Taryn ran off. The ride wasn't as rough as usual, but due to my neck, I held on and kept my head back.

After Medusa we cut through Plaza Del Carnivale and decided to head back later. We checked out Kingda Ka, whichw as broken. We waited around for 10 minutes were I saw Nick (mpr), and we decided to bail out. No Blueberry for me yet, but it'll happen. We headed over to Boardwalk, and saw that GASM hada walk on. Jackie (Walter's girl friend) was oping and let me on (it may seem useless now, but you'll se why I mention that). I promised I wouldn't go on due to my neck, but I did anyway. I sat in  the 5th row and I kept my head back and held on. I did not hit my head once! it was really good. When I got off Jackie came up to me and said, "Walter told me I wasn't supposed to let you on, but I forgot." I told her not to tell him but she did and he yelled at me later at Burger King.

After GASM we headed over to Nitro. The line was in the final switchback so it shouldn't of been that long. But we waited for almost an hour. We got the last row. I love this ride, it's like floating on a cloud. It's smooth, gentle and alot of floater, it's perfect for my neck! After Nitro we waited 10 minutes for the last row of Batman. It took forever to dispatch but we finally did. The ride wasn't as gentle as Nitro but still alot of fun.

We then headed over to Chiller. The line for Robin was half way down the ramp. Let me just tell you this, the Chiller crew was doing horribale (Probably because Ryan, Derick, or Dave were not up there!). We finally got on after an hour. Within 15 minutes, there were 3 launches. We only moved because people were leaving. The ride itself was very shaky in the third car. Shaky like FD3 shaky, but it was good. It didn;t kill me like it would of with the Zero-G roll (RIP).

We then headed over to El Toro. We got to the line and realized it was only a station wait. I have to say this, the El Toro crew is amazing. They do such a great job over there. They weren't stacking most of the time. We got the second to last car and had an amazing ride on it like usual. As we left, we realised the park had 5 more minutes left so I ran on to El Toro (by myself). I made sure I was on the last train. It was a good move. I got the 2nd to last row and we got a reride. It was running fantastic each time. The park was closed so with the crowd, we left.

Pictures:

Spike's Car "Head" welcomes you to this PTR segment.

Welcome to Six Flags Great Adventure, ol?!

Look, it's Kingda Ka!

Superman: Ultimate Bore

I thought the whole park was supposed to be smoke free now.

HEY JOSH!

Skull Mountain dispatching (not broken this time).

Houdini was open! Though we didn't ride.

I still preffer this area as Frontier Adventure.

Where did all these people come from?

MEDUSA!

Why is a coaster named after Greek Gorgan, yet it's in Frontier Adventure?

Stacking to the MAX!

El Toro is a sexy bull!

Rolling Thunder was racing and running 4 trains all day!

Spike thinks: "Was'nt there a stand here?"

Some show with a guy in what looks like my Zoo uniform.

What should we ride? I don't know, ET or GASM?

As you can see, they parked the bus in NY again.

*Sailor voice* Me see a storm!

Robin

My humps, my humps, my humps, my humps, my lovely Chiller lumps...

...check it out!

One hump, two hump...

Just what the world needs, more Batman photos!

Skull Mountain, the original Emo coaster....well, it's New Jersey, I guess it's "scene".

HAHA! Chiller can't do this!

Spike is all nerdy with his camera.

Chirs is...happy?

Taryn is plotting her revenge for the Medusa incident.

Chris is...hungry?

I really love this picture.

LyKe ZoMfG!1!!!1!!1!! N!tR0 iZ lYkE tAlL!!!!!!!!!1!!!

Keep on moving, nothing to see here.

Yes, an other Batman photo.

A mural, woa!

Le Station.

Chiller at dusk.

Chiller at dusk...again.

The line doesn't look that bad. But that's an illusion!

It was very violent in the park that day!

It was a ridiculously long wait.

It's really nice to see Batman's trains in use again!

Taryn was tired after a long day so Chris carried her back.

Menage a' troi.

HEY! I should be in my own update, should'nt I? Well, here I am. I hope you enjoyed., bye bye.

-Dainan "No video...just yet" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Re: Photo TR: 4/28/07
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 09:03:59 AM »
Cycloneman.  You always have the best pictures.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 10:36:34 AM »
The next best thing to being there.

Already plotting another trip to Jersey again (who needs Maverick--the grass is always greener, etc., etc.)

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:56:52 PM »
Even with long lines, getting on El Toro at the end of the day, with a rerun, makes up for the waits.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:02:31 PM by Millennium Force 44 »

Offline summahboy

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 03:52:52 PM »
towards the end of the day the waits got long but the rest of the day was great. I think I saw u guys standing in the Medusa line about 2 swtichback lines over from me and my group. You were holding a camera lol And I saw that Josh kid walk off the same KDK line we were on with that guy who does from another site who does coaster videos....idk who he is but i saw him in a vid. b4. The people behind me said he ties in 1st for being a person with 1 of the biggest foreheads they ever seen. lol
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 03:55:00 PM by summahboy »

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 12:46:20 AM »
Thanks guys. And Summanahboy, it turned out, alot of people saw me at the park...I'm kind of hard to miss.

-Dainan "I actually have Coaster Stalkers" Rafferty

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 07:06:52 AM »
Hmmm.

I seemed to do a very good, and unintentional, job of missing both you and Chuck, unintentionally and separately, on opening day! :)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 08:32:40 PM »
I know, I should of given you my cell number.

Offline Brandilicious

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 12:01:19 AM »
hey, nice TR. I was actually in the park that day and saw u guys over by superman but i was too shy to walk over and say hello.....I should have tho...ohh and ps love the green hair u had going...LOL!!!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 12:25:41 AM »
Thanks, and I say this all the time to people. If you see me, just say hello and introduce yourself. I'm a very nice person (too nice maybe). I've had complete strangers come up to me and just say hi because they've recognized me. It's normal to me, so don't feel nervous to say hi.

-Dainan "BTW: Thanks for the hair comment" Rafferty

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 08:08:13 AM »
Thanks, and I say this all the time to people. If you see me, just say hello and introduce yourself. I'm a very nice person (too nice maybe). I've had complete strangers come up to me and just say hi because they've recognized me. It's normal to me, so don't feel nervous to say hi.

-Dainan "BTW: Thanks for the hair comment" Rafferty

We should all post pictures of each other on here.  This way when we see each other in the park, we can say hello.  Ok so don't everyone laugh at once.  Here is my pic.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 10:26:39 AM »
Peter, be sure to check out the Introduce Yourself forum lol

http://gadvupdates.com/forums/index.php?board=10.0