Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo TR: Six Flags America 5/5/07  (Read 2330 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Photo TR: Six Flags America 5/5/07
« on: May 07, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »
Park: Six Flags America

Date: May 5th, 2007

Back Story: Anthony and I are turning 17 next Friday (May 11th), and there was a Punkymoms.com meet up organized by the mods at Six Flags America. My mom is a mod so we went with the family, and met up with the Punkmom's later on.

People:
Me (16, Coaster Count: 115)
Anthony (16, Coaster Count: 101)
Savannah (11, Coaster Count: 78)
Mom (Punkmom)
Jim Jewell (http://jimjewell.net/Rollercoasters.htm)
Jim's nephew (who's name I was never told)
Maggie (Punkymom)
Carey (Maggie's hubby)
Siri (baby/tolder)
Lena (infant)
Jaye (Punkymom)
John (Jaye hubby)
Rachel (Punkysister)
Adrian (todler)
Melanie (Punkymom)
Imogen (baby)
Michelle (Punkymom)
Samantha (baby)

Report:

We left NY around 7:30am and drove down and arrived at the park at around 11:30am. Savannah was'nt feeling well so we weren't sure on what was going to happen. Sha said she wasn't going to go on anything, but she did. We found it funny that the park's entrance looked exactly like Six Flags New England's entrance. Savannah wanted Ben and Jerry's so we stopped there first and got her some ice cream. After that, we headed to the Southwest Territory, to get our first credit on Two Face: The Flip Side. Savannah said she'll let us ride first and she wanted to know just how rough it was, and then see if she'd ride (Let me tell you something, she knows her Vekoma's!) I sat in the last car facing my brother in the second to last car. The ride felt like a "good" Boomerang but with no floor. I enjoyed it though, I thought it was fun.

We got off and told Savannah how it was, so she decided to go on. They put us in a row with broken seet belts so we waited for the next train. There was a person next to us who was wearing a SFGAv hat, Cedar Point glasses, and a Giant Dipper pollo shirt that my sister pointed out. We started talking and it turned out he was Jim Jewell from Jimjewell.net. He was there with his nephew, and we were talking about coasters and what not. We boarded and Savannah and I were facing the lift, so we got "the opposite Boomerang side". She loved it. This was also Savannah's 70th coaster.

After that we headed over to Wild One, where we ran into Jim and his nephew again. They got the second to last row, Savannah and I got third to last, and Anthony got fourth from last. This was a great classic woodie. It had tons of airtime and was very fun. We got into the station and realized there was no one there, so we stayed in our seats. Until the people in the last row got up and Savannah and I ran there and Anthony moved back a row. After that Jim and his nephew split and Savannah and I went on Tower of Doom while mom and Anthony whatched. We waited 3 cycles before we got on. This was our first ever Intamin 2nd Generation Drop Tower. We have only ever heard great things about them so we were excited. Well...we found it boaring. The drop didn't even feel like a free fall. It felt like you were going down, but no stomach feeling, or the insane airtime like on the S&S Turbo Drops, ARM Free Fall Towers, or even the Intamin 1st generation. We jus weren't impressed. It could be because it's so short.

After that we headed over to Gotham City...which was no city. Savannah opted out of rides for now, and mom stayed with her. Anthony and I went on Joker's Jinx. We waited 10 minutes because they were running one train, for the 2nd to last row. We thought the seats and restraints were more roomy...unless I lost alot of weight since last Saturday, which didn't happen! We took off into the tunnel, which was pretty cool, and into the Spaghetti Bowl. Meh... I didn't care for it. It had a lot of G's and I was being thrown around all over the place. It was very rough. I'm just happy that they don't use the lap bars any more.

After Joker's Jinks, Anthony and I went over to Superman: Ride Of Steel where the guys infront of us in line were smoking pot, and the people behind us were trying to cut. We waited about 10 minutes and boarded the 2nd to last row. The first drop was really good, but the rest of the ride sucked. Some floater, but it wasn't that good. Also, the endless helix's and the long piece of straight track was a bit annoying. Not to mention it was on the rougher side and I hate the new lapbars. SFNE's is much better! I went to go get the on-ride-photo, and I swear to you, the guy there was ethier stoned or sleeping while talking at the same time.

After that Anthony and I went over to Batwing where the line was over flowing, but they weren't using any of the switchbacks and one side of the station. When we got into the switchback shed, they closed the line behind Anthony and I and opened the last switchback for people to load into. But the atendant who did this said. "Just go over the railings", so 50 or more people were doing it. Also, they weren't letting people into the station until the train cleared the station. We finally loaded and then laid back. Woa, this was weird. The lift reminded me of Eejanaika's at Fuji-Q. I loved when it flips over and the verticle loop. The ride was alot better than Superman: Ultimate Flight, but it wasn't as comfortable. After that we went back to S:ROS to meet up with mom, Savannah and we saw them talking to Jim. We hung out with him for a half hour while we had lunch and we walked him to the entrance while Mom and Savannah went to get hoodies and rest.

Anthony and I headed over to Roar. Roar was Anthony's 100th coaster. We sat in the 3rd to last row. Personally, I loved this ride. It was rough but very fast and loaded with awesome laterals and airtime. We thought it was amazing. It hept it's speed through the whole course, which makes it all but better. It was a perfect 100, and a great ride. After that, we headed over to the dreaded Vekoma SLC, named Mind Eraser, which of all coasters was the only one running two trains (aside from Wild One). Anthony and I got the 2nd to last row (has anybody else noticed this trend?) As normal, it was extremelly rough. My face was being bached into the padding and I was being thrown around, but the weird part is. I wasn't in pain. I guess it was the padding or something, I seriously don't get it. We went around and rode in the front row this time, thinking it may be smoother. No, no it wasn't but it still only bothered my head a little. Maybe I'm amuned from riding Chiller (with the OTSR), Scream Machine and Viper (SFGAv) while growing up.

After that we met up with mom and her punky mom friends and there children. We spend the night at Maggie and Carey's house. (Carey looks like almost exactly like SxyDan)We all went over to Roar. Savannah was feeling better, so everything else we went on, she came with us (so yes, she got all the credits at SFA). Savannah, Anthony, Rachel, Melanie, Carey, Maggie and I went on Roar. Savannah absolutely loved it! We all did. When we got to the Photo stand to get the ORP, there was woman there, taking her sweet ole time cutting a picture into a wallet size. After three trains we finally got her to put the photos on the photo pass (we were the second people helped).

Everyone wanted to go on Mind Eraser, so we did. Savannah and I got 1st row, while Anthony got 2nd. DING DING DING, we finally have a Vekoma coaster that Savannah didn't like! Oncen again, it was very rough. After Mind Eraser we went over to Joker's Jinx. Savannah and Anthony got the 1st row. Mom (1st of 2 rides) and I got the 2nd row. Melanie and Maggie sat behind us, and Rachel sat infront of them. Savannah and Mom both fell in love with this ride. Actually, I loved it up front. I changed my mind, I loved this ride. We went on again, except this time, Carey went on this time,and Maggie and mom stayed with everyone else. I sat with Rachel, Anthony was with Carey behind us and Savannah and Melanie were infront of us. The ride was great again.

After that Savannah, Maggie and I went on Penguin's Blizzard River. None of us got wet until our raft filled up with water at the end and our feet were drenched. After that, Savannah wanted to go on again, so we did. This time our raft wouldn't go into the station, the other raft bumbed into ours and they started the station lift to bring us in and our raft wouldn't move. They kept restarting and it wouldn't move, so finally the attendent motions us to get up and walk on the convayor belt into the station, but then they got it working and we got off in the station.

After that we went over to Superman: Ride Of Steel again. Savannah sat in the 3rd car, last row with Maggie, behind them was Rachel, behind her was mom and Melanie, and behind them was Anthony and I. It was raining so it hurt a bit, but the ride was alot better this time. It's not a top 10, but it was still fun. Much better airtime this time. It was funny to see my sister get flung on the third hill. She bent over at the bottom of the hill (just a bit) and when we hit the top of the hill, she was flung up really high and hovered in the air until we got to the bottom of the hill. Her face was priceless.

The next ride was Batwing. Savannah, Anthony, Carey, Maggie, Melanie and I went on. The line a lot shorter. We waited about 10 minutes until we got on. Savannah and Anthony got the 1st row, while Melanie, Carey, Maggie and I got the the 3rd row (due to a broken seat in the 2nd row). The ride, like before, was great! Maggie's reaction when we flipped over was fantastic. After that, Savannah and I split off and ran to The Great Chase before it closed. Yes, we ran to the Kiddie coaster. It was a credit. Afterwards we found Melanie and Anthony and ran to Two Face. The park was closing in 5 minutes. There was train allready operating. We went through the queue and the security gaurd told us the ride was closed now! Um....the park isn't closed, and you are supposed to cycle the train until park closes, expecially when it's a walk on. Well, the park closed, so we all gathered and went out for dinner.

Notes:
- If you ever complain about a theme park crew, go to  Six Flags America. They are the worst crew I've ever seen (Rides at least).
- The security gaurds at the rides were nasty, but at least they had them at every queue.
- Two trains on only Wild One at Mind Eraser
- Sit twords the front of Superman, not the back.
- Carey looks exactly like SxyDan
- Rain and Vekoma don't feel good together.
- Prepare to slow down at the end of the launch track on Joker's Jinx

Photos:

Savannah sick in the car.

Welcome to Six Flags New England...I meen America.

See, America! Not New England.

"Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA..."

I found this in the bathroom.

Two Face: The Flip Side. First credt, we aprove!

Here's Jim Jewell, say, "Hi Jim!"

"I'm a real wild one and I like wild fun..."

Lift hill....wow! Great caption.

The airtime on Wild One was wild!

Skid...? No!

An other one aproved.

Dainan and Savannah on Tower Of Doom

Next credit

Spaghetti bowl.

The g's are intense.

One train operations are no fun!

Anthony loved it. Dainan didn't (He changed his mind later).

Don't ever give mom a camera.

Savannah wasn't feeling well...

...so she spent alot of the time being playing games (she did end up on every coaster by the end of the day).

"More money please"

After Joker we went to Superman:

Anthony and Dainan only. Later on, when we all went on, the camera's were broken.

Next is Batwing.

More fun than Superman Ultimate Flight.

This was the best part of the whole coaster.

When the staff tried to fill the switchbacks after they stopped the queue after us, this is what they told them to do!

One train operations make me bored. So I snapped a shot of Joker's Jinx and Superman's lift from Batwings queue.

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

ACEr+Food+Six Flags=Grr...

"Never do drugs kids!"

Savannah trying one of those Ladder Games!

YOU GET An "F" in life!

Anthony and his 100th coaster!

We were pleasantly sprised with Roar.

Anthony's not really looking foward to the next ride!

Evil SLC lift.

Back at the entrance we met up with Savnnah (doing her El Toro horns) and Mom while we waited for people to show.

Punkymom's group shot!

We all went back and road Roar. Savannah saw the sign and screamed, "MOM! It's the same sign as Goliath at Magic Mountain!" (BTW:We've never been there, she's no GP)

GAHH!!!

Melanie and Magie ruined the picture! Rachel just looks lonely.

Savannah on Roar.

Savannah excited about her first SLC! She's a Vekoma freak, and doesn't understand why everyone hated them!

Savannah and Dainan going up the lift.

Anthony behind.

Now she understands! Dainan looks more angry than anything else!

I stood around and got some nice shots of Mind Eraser:

Geek shot #1

Geek shot #2

Geek shot #3

Geek shot #4

Geek shot # 5

Poor souls recooperating.

Adrmit it! Vekoma SLC's are photogetic!

The Mind Eraser survivors (Rachel, Melanie, and Carey were knocked out on it)

This is a cute picture of Savannah and Maggie's daughter.

Melanie show's off her spawn.

Dainan and Savannah trying to play nice.

This is Carey. Carey is Maggie's husband. Carey, looks exactly like SxyDan (from GADV.com)

Maggie and her daughter. This is the poor woman who let us spend the night at her house. Thank you Maggie.

Maggie, Savannah, and Dainan on Penguin's Blizzard River.

ON NO!

WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!?!?

Yours truelly hoping not to drop the baby.

We'll end with this very attractrive photo of Maggie.

The Six Flags America Video

-Dainan "Typed the Trip Report while driving, I hope you enjoyed" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: Photo TR: Six Flags America 5/5/07
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 07:34:26 PM »
Nice Photo TR!

I totally agree about Superman being meh! I hate those huge helixes and that straight track, it totally ruins the ride. About Joker's Jinx, go ride FoF at PKD or PKI it's alot better in the dark. Oh yeah, ride a taller Intamin 2nd generation tower there ALOT better! Last but not least, Mind Eraser does suck!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:47:03 PM »
I figured the taller the tower, the better! I was really boared with Superman (good thing I'm going to SFNE in four weeks). I ended up loving Joker's Jinx (my mom and sister said it was there favorite there). I've always wanted to ride Flight Fo Fear, but I've heard the MCBR ruins it!

-Dainan "Joker's Jinx > Chiller" Rafferty

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 11:53:35 PM »
^ The new or the old chiller is the real question, not many things beat the old one...
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 11:56:34 PM »
Robin side yeah, but not the Batman side. That tophat is awesome!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 08:57:26 AM »
Batman side is awesome. But I still think it's better than both.

-Dainan "It's all a matter of opinion" Rafferty