Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Trip Report - 4/28  (Read 1919 times)

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Trip Report - 4/28
« on: April 28, 2007, 09:40:14 PM »
Got to the park around 1015.  Light crowd so it was nice.  Weather was great, partly cloudy and cool.  Headed right to Nitro, walk on, 2 trains.  Did four rides in a row without getting off.  Great crew there as always.  Headed over to Toro where there was about a 15 minute wait, 2 trains.  Did three rides on Toro.  While I was at Toro, I watched Ka pump out train after train.  Went over and there was about a half hour wait.  Four train operation. Got all the way up to the lockers and the ride went down.  Waited for about an hour before it got back up again.  This was around noon.  The managed to get a few trains out, one of which I was on.  When I got back to the station, the ride shut down and appeared to be down for a few hours.  Went back to Toro, about 20 minute wait.   Did two more rides.  Headed to RT, 4 trains two tracks.  It was great racing.

Saw the Looney Tunes Talent Show.  It was very entertaining.  We also did the Safari which was the first time I did that in five years.  Had a good time.  They are much stricter in enforcing the rules than the last time I was there.

By 2pm the park got crowded and we left.  It was a great day.  The park was very clean as usual the staff still very friendly.  Also saw Mr. Kane walking around the park today.  All in all , a great day.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 10:08:56 PM by peterpjr »

Offline saxman47

Re: Trip Report - 4/28
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »
It's great to hear KK and RT were both running 4 trains

my brother was there this morning and also got a bunch of rides on Nitro without getting off.......heading to that side of the park first seems to be a great idea!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 11:51:25 PM »
GREAT to hear 4 trains on RT :)  That just made my day lol   Hopefully darkridedan was there to enjoy it :)

That is sorta troubling news for Ka though because it really has been running very well this year.  Hopefully it was just a quirk.

Thanks for the TR

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 07:36:36 AM »
Yay for 4 trains on RT!  :)

Did anyone there yesterday happen to notice if the Aldabra tortoises in the Golden Kingdom are out yet?

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 08:57:39 AM »
Sue. I did not happen to see them but then again I was not looking.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 09:26:06 AM »
My son is looking for them too I did not see them yesterday .

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 07:27:30 PM »
My son is looking for them too I did not see them yesterday .

Is your son a big fan of turtles?  We have one of our own and we always love seeing the ones at GA.  I hope they're out by Friday.  The weather definitely seems warm enough now so it seems strange that they're not out.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:35:27 PM »
No not really a big fan of turtles just likes looking at any kind of animals . He loves alligators actually .   I was wondering where they were  though I thought for sure they would be out by now. After reading the CAD notice we got at the park yesterday I wonder if balins jungleland is going to be open they were kind of pushing Wiggles world. Don't know if we will be down that night maybe Saturday during the day . Have fun and let us know if they are around.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:16 AM »
Darn, the park just e-mailed me back and said the tortoises aren't returning to the park.  They said they're now permanently part of the Austrailian section of the Safari.  Guess we'll be going to the Safari on our next visit!  That's a bummer since we won't be able to see them as well and spend as much time watching them.  :(

Offline coastermom

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
OH that is a bummer we liked to get hotdogs at the stand there and watch them as we ate. I guess maybe some park guest weren't so nice to them or maybe they were feeding them some bad food. That is a shame now we will have to look for them in the safari .