Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Our Responsibility to Great Adventure Magic  (Read 1601 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Our Responsibility to Great Adventure Magic
« on: August 03, 2007, 09:42:35 AM »
Yes, I changed the name from Disney to Great Adventure; as dorky as that may be.  :D

Please read this.  IMO, it applies to any park you visit.  I'm just as guilty of this because usually when I'm leaving the park I'm running late and in a rush or I have the family along and the kids are being cranky.

I've had a number of outstanding moments at Great Adventure this season and the cast is the only reason they occurred.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=ms070803ms

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
Re: Our Responsibility to Great Adventure Magic
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 10:36:19 AM »
Great read Wade! We have been preaching that attitude towards Gadv for a while now :) I have to say it should not be a problem this year to find someone in the park to compliment. Austin and I had a fantastic day yesterday despite the scorching heat.

All of the employees were still smiling, friendly and, it's August! No more then 30 minute wait for Torro! Everything else we waited for was even less. It was great to not see a single smoker in line and, the landscaping is gorgeous! I can't wait to go back Sunday! Chiller was down, anyone know why?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:38:02 AM by DianaR »

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 11:14:48 PM »
As a new employee of the park this year, I really know how much the employees appreicate positive feedback from the guests.  Please stop by Guest Relations on your way out of the park to provide any comments that you may have.  They get sent right to the employee's supervisor for them to review with the employee.

Offline UrsaMajor

• Balin's Jungleland
  • Yeti Conqueror
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 01:34:22 PM »
What a great read that was. I feel the same way regarding this subject as it pertains to both Disney and GA. I love it when an employee goes out of their way to make your day better and in the past, the majority of my experiences have involve a Disney CM, but GA employees are improving in this regard.

All the way to Nepal and back in a tidy 3 minutes...Expedition Everest

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 09:50:24 AM »
OK,  I finally read this and hopefully the other 55 people who did will stop by GR and tell them about the great employees at SFGADV.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 11:28:58 AM »
Now I have a question. If we put in a compliment form like every time we visit, will they grow suspicious that we are just doing this to help out our friends? That is really the only thing that keeps me from filling out the forms. :/

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »
The employee's supervisor signs off for the compliment and as long as the supervisor doesn't know you are friends with the employee, who would know anyway? The park wouldn't have a problem with anybody submiting a guest compliment. The employee doesn't even find out that they receive a compliment unless a supervisor is nice enough to broadcast it over the radio for the whole channel to hear. Thank you again Rob, Sue and Rich!

I went to the park yesterday and did not leave any compliments because it was hot and I wanted to leave early. You can call guest relations and give a compliment over the phone. Thanks to Vince and Shane at El Toro and Jillisa, Jeny and Joe T. at Rolling Thunder. There are allot of good employees at both rides and if I can handle another visit I hope to compliment more employees.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:39:33 PM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER