Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo TR: Chuck goes to Texas and Oklahoma!  (Read 2455 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Photo TR: Chuck goes to Texas and Oklahoma!
« on: July 25, 2007, 12:42:46 AM »
This past weekend I was in Texas from the 19th to the 22nd. I went with Rob(Frisbeeking) and MatT(AV Matt) and we had a good time. Despite some rain, some horrible traffic and the Boardwalk Bullet not opening up we still had an awesome time.

Our first day of the trip consisted of flying into Dallas and heading straight to Frontier City. Well after landing and meeting up with Matt we were off and three hours later and a quick stop at Jack in the Box we were there. This park was recently sold from Six Flags but you can still see signs that it was. The park was nicely landscaped but there ride selection was severely lacking. What also was a bummer was that Diamonback was closed, we got denied the kiddie coaster and Eruption was closed(which was free there). Anyway onto the pictures...

I was so excited to ride this, but this is what we saw when we got out of the car. Boo...

Really cool Sally dark ride which is new this year, a little mature if I might say!  :o

Crazy looking Skycoaster with the Log Flume/Dark Ride

This has been SBNO since 2000...

Lame Yo-Yo, I wanna go back to IB to ride there's

There Drop Tower was closed and had caution tape all over it, I guess from SFKK incident..

Silver Bullet, which was quite good I must say!

Wee...

Eruption was closed...

Wildcat was meh, no air but not horrible.

When we left, we saw the train for Diamonback saddled. Oh well...

Next up is SFOT!!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Photo TR: Chuck goes to Texas and Oklahoma!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:23:36 AM »
Yeah that looked pretty lame,  can't wait for the good stuff I missed!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:31:02 PM »
Diamondback looks horribale with it's new paint job! But Great PTR

-Dainan "GCan't wait to see more" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 08:20:01 PM »
You forgot about the smelly rapids ride and the sillyness that took place in the log flume!

Here's a pic of Chuck doing something wierd in our fancy Marriott room.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 08:54:53 PM by Frissbeking »

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 01:10:23 AM »
Well, since we went to SFOT practically every night and then the last full day in Texas. I am going to write a report for that park last. Anywho, Day 2 started out driving from Dallas to San Antonio. It was only supposed to take 4 1/2 hours to get there but it ended up taking like 6 1/2 with traffic, downpours, Dairy Queen and Taco Bueno. Once we made it to SFFT it was still drizzling but everything was running, except for Tony Hawk.  >:(

That's the only picture of the park, I didn't bring my camera in with the constant drizzle.

We entered the park and the park is beautiful! The location it is in is AWESOME! The rides look tiny being inside of a quarry and with the waterfalls running off it, just perfect! We proceeded to our first credit, Boomerang! We walk up and walk right on to find out someone puked in the car so we left. So, we head to Road Runner Express. I didn't even know this ride existed and I actually thought this ride was AWESOME! The back seat produced some crazy air going down the drop and helix's were awesome! We got a total of like 5-6 rides with no waits.

After that, we went to Rattler. I heard mixed things about this ride and all I know is the ride is pointless. When I thought it would get better, it hit a brake. The good thing was is that it wasn't rough, probaly cause we were riding in the downpouring rain. Next....

We walk by the train station after leaving Rattler and it's impressive walking by the cliff's and seeing the train go right through it. Very nice! So we wandered over to Superman, which was closed! So we get our kiddie credit on a Roller Skater and wander over to Tony Hawk which was also closed! Damn! So we board Poltergiest, after riding Freeze the night before the ride is just alright. I prefer Flight of Fear over this and Joker's, but there not a bad ride.

We get off Poltergiest and Scream(S&S Tower) is closed still and so we get our Boomerang credit which was suprisingly good. After that, we hit the log flume which was themed to Bug's Bunny and was alot of fun! Good theming and not that much wetness!  :D

So, now we were waiting to see if Superman or Tony Hawk would open we hit Rattler again  :'(, go on the Bumper Car's  :), and ride Road Runner Express. Finally, we see Superman test and we sit near the entrance for it to open. The lady at the gift shop insists it's not gonna open but 10 minutes later it did!  8) I was really psyched for this ride and to be honest, it was a let down. I would ride Medusa and Kraken over this anyday.

When we got off Superman, we went and hit Scream which finally opened and got on the Scooby Doo dark ride which I won! Tony Hawk never opened up and we eventually left. Fun four hours at the park! I wish I had more pictures, because the park is beautiful!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 01:22:06 AM »
That's an awesome photo ruined by you saying that's the only one you had. I was so looking forward to seeing some pictures of this park.  Oh well, Hopefully I can experience the park soon enough so I can see it with my own eyes.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 02:14:01 AM »
I didn't get a chance to get any pics in  the park either. It was a very nice park though, like Chuck said, but the coasters were lacking. The best rides in the park were a mine train, bumper cars and the flume.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
Why didn't you like Superman Krypton Coaster?  That's one of my all-time favorites and really the only floorless coaster that I care for.  I don't even bother riding Medusa anymore.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 02:13:12 PM »
It was running pretty slow for us. I'm not sure about Chuck, but for me, this ride felt like most of the other floorless coasters. The only difference was the drop off the quarry and the midcourse brake run not being on. It wasn't bad, it just didn't live up to the hype.

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 12:17:16 AM »
After like 2 weeks, I'm gonna finish this TR.

Basically, our next stop was Sea World San Antonio. The place was really nice(no pictures as it was drizzling 3/4 of the time we were there). I'm just gonna tell you how each ride was...

Shamu Express - Typical Roller Skater, nothing special just for the credit...

Steel Eel - AWESOME, probaly one of my favorite hypers I have been on. Definitely a big suprise of the trip!

Great White - Typical B:TR clone, really like the color scheme and enjoyed the ride.

Journey to Atlantis - Cool little water coaster, didn't get nearly as wet as I thought I would. The view from up top was really neat though I must say....

That was it, we were there for like 2 hours and we wanted to get to SFOT as fast as possible...

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 12:35:25 AM »
Six Flags Over Texas

I loved this park! It had great theming, great rides and probaly great shows! Not much paragraphs in this TR, just alot of photos, LET'S BEGIN!

Now that's a skyline!

Cute park entrance...

Ooooo Titan!

INSANE helix!

It's a good ride, but nothing special...

La Vibora=so much fun! Except when two little kids sit in front of you!  :o

Signs to come for MTWE?

Why did Freefall leave?

Too bad we didn't ride it while we were there...

One word - Dissapointed

:o >:( :'(

S:TOP was fun!

Judge Roy Scream was cool

Denied the kiddie coaster  >:(

AWESOME!

So many G's!

Wicked air!

Rob, me, Mr. Freeze and Batman

I love it!

I want some Ice Cream!

I know you loved sideway shot's!