Industry > Industry News

Canada's Wonderland New B&M Behemoth

<< < (2/19) > >>

PcMan:
CW's New People eater  Hmmm  how far is CW from NJ  ;)
THis may top Nitro - Steeper 85 degrees but Slower then Nitro  ? we will see

Looks like an airtime Machine  some low res Wallpaper below provided by CW website  http://attraction.canadaswonderland.com/public/ride

click for Video    http://attraction.canadaswonderland.com/public/fun/videos.cfm
Ride the onride and see that there is 2 Trims on the return b4 the MCBR

May of 2008

Physical Dimensions
Track Length 5,318 ft
Lift Height:230 ft

Angle of Descent:    85 degrees
Ride Time: 3 minutes, 10 seconds
Speed of First Drop: 77 miles
Ride Capacity: 1,545 guests/hour

* Three 32-passenger trains
    * Eight cars, with four seats per car, per train
    * Prototype seating

Ride Design

* Fiberglass and steel coaches with lapbar restraints and interlocking seat belts

Manufacturer

* Bollinger and Mabillard (B&M)
      Monthey, Switzerland

Investment
 $26 million

Millennium Force 44:
Wow! This coaster looks insane! I am so jealous. I am very surprised with the 85 degree first drop, that beats Millennium Force  :o. The layout after the MCBR looks a little disappointing, however. The overbanked turnaround looks great-it seems very similar to Nitro's, but more intense. The three camelbacks after the turnaround look like airtime central for this coaster. The last surprising thing I noticed was the angle of the brakes at the end of the ride- it reminds me of Intamin's magnetic brake hill on Storm Runner. This looks like a great reason to get to Canada's Wonderland.

Robert T Ackerman:
This only adds to my excitement for my trip next summer up the Niraga Falls/Canada area. Everythign about this coaster says "asesome" to me except for the trims going UP the 3 hills before the midcourse break run. Hopefully they are only there to slow the train if going TOO fast, and not there to STOP the train like Raging Bull's 3rd hill. Why build a ride WITH trims???? Seems like it would be a design flaw from the start. Why not just build it so it doesn't need it?

rjholla2003:
Those trains sure look prototypical. lol

Dubya91:
Those trains are bizzare and odd looking, I think they should stick to the Four across....

As for the ride, this can possibly be their best yet, it looks like it will have ejector and floater in it as well as amazing intensity. As Rob said, hopefully the trims wont ruin this ride...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version