Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR Fun Spot(Angola, IN) 8/26/07  (Read 2385 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
PTR Fun Spot(Angola, IN) 8/26/07
« on: August 28, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
Since we heard this could be the last year for Fun Spot, we decided to make one last visit on Sunday just in case.  It now sounds like it could open in 2008 if they get enough picnic bookings, but I'm glad we went anyway.  It's a fun, little park and it's always good to support them.  They seemed to be doing pretty good business on Sunday.  We were there for a couple hours and took 7 rides on Afterburner and one on Zyklon.

They have a very short operating season--Sunday was closing day!

Flat rides:

Zyklon coaster:

They used to allow one adult at a time on the Safari kiddie coaster, but due to an incident, adults are no longer allowed to ride at all.  Glad we rode it back in 2003!

Afterburner Arrow shuttle loop coaster(formerly located at the defunct Boardwalk and Baseball park in FL):

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: PTR Fun Spot(Angola, IN) 8/26/07
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 01:53:37 AM »
I want to ride a shuttle loop so bad. Thanks for the pics Sue!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 08:17:39 AM »
Arrow shuttle loops are so much fun.  That's one of the reasons we wanted to get there one last time just in case.  If that closes, they only ones left in the US are Frontier City and Elitch Gardens.  My first upside down coaster was Lightnin' Loops so they've always been special to me.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
Yeah , for some reason I never rode lightnin' loops here. I guess I wasn't into coaster so much back then.   BTW, those clouds are awesome ! Looks like you had really nice weather compared to my dark and crappy photos.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:13:41 PM »
Nice pics Sue. We drove by there on the Indiana Beach event weekend, but we got rained out, same goes for Paige's Crossing. I've missed 2 shuttle loops now this year, that and the Diamond Back.

Did you ride all of their flats? I didn't know they had a Calypso, how is it run? Did you get to ride the flyers, or was it "too windy"?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 03:42:04 PM »
We actually didn't ride any flats on this trip--just the Zyklon and Afterburner.  I would've liked to ride the Swiss Bob, but that was closed as were the flyers.  I think the Calypso might be new since I don't remember seeing that in 2003.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 02:39:01 AM »
Awsome pics of the park and the Shuttle Loop Sue, Its before my time so to speak but it is a classic without a doubt. I need to get on one....
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]