Latest Updates > Site News

Nip it in the Bud!

(1/2) > >>

rjholla2003:
I'm talking about bad spelling here!  This has not been a problem here since all of you have been absolutely excellent, and all of us here at Updates greatly appreciate that a lot.  This is a pre-emptive post, so don't think I'm talking about you if you're reading this, because it's not.  

Bad spelling is something that plagues many boards on the internet, but it is a problem that never has to be one here.  After-all, we are on the internet.  You can always open up a new window (or tab) and enter the word in Google to see if it corrects you.  There are free dictionaries on the net also that are right at your fingertips since you're already on the internet.  If you are too lazy for that however, there is something for you.  Google Toolbar is here, with a spell checker built in.  No longer do you have to take a wild guess at spelling a word and hope that your friends don't laugh at the spelling.  Now with the click of a button your text is checked!  Another great thing is that the dictionary is smart, so if you tell it to add "Kingda Ka" to the dictionary, it won't bug you about it anymore!  Google Toolbar is spy-ware free as well, which is always something welcome.

Help us in the fight against poor spelling, check your spelling if you think it's shaky.

Happy Posting!

innervision:
Integrated spellcheckers = crashed forum.  :P

blazzinmatt:
The Google toolbar is definitely one of the best toolbars out there. Its amazing what it can do and Google is definitely one of the most popular search engines out there so it makes searching the net a lot easier. I recommend it to anyone, whether you are an IE or a Firefox user.

WadeJ:
:roll:  :shock:   no idea what you are talking about LOL

It WILL be integrated.... soon.... as soon as I replenish my beer supply because last Friday night destroyed it.

Thanks RJ.  And yes, I've been very pleased as well so far the spelling, for the most part, has been VERY good here.

KingdaKaRuler05:
Google Toolbar is awesome! I owe it all to you RJ :D It works like a charm.

I try my best to spell and use proper grammar. Random Grammar Note: The proper way to say/type ALL RIGHT is ALL RIGHT, not alright. Alright is improper!

-KKR05

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version