Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: The Great and Not-So-Great at Six Flags Great Adventure  (Read 14259 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
The Great and Not-So-Great at Six Flags Great Adventure
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 06:12:11 PM »
A great break from the park is grabbing one of those excellent burgers from Best of the West, and some other tasty treats that they have, and eating a nice, relaxing meal sitting right next to the Great Lake.  That is beyond calming.

Outpost Grill didn't disapoint at all either.  When they had us eat there for the shoot, I figured it would be standard amusement park food.  I was really wrong on that one.  It was actually delicious!  That's one of my new favorites for food.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 06:35:26 PM »
I can never go wrong with funnel cake but you can get those at like every park. I have to agree with RJ about Best of the West, and I also love the pizza from the backlot.
is back? in black?

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 08:50:41 PM »
I agree with the article being too short. I know I could write a lot more about GAdv :D

As for the food, my friends and I ALWAYS get Nathan's at the park. Their food is great, and is always nice and quick. A hot dog anf fries are always good, and are just enough to have at a park!

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 11:41:25 AM »
I am anxious to see how things might seem to this journalist if they were to visit later this coming season.

I also have a feeling that RT will be operating at peak capacity once again.  Similar to how they made sure Scream Machine was cleaned up for Ka, it would make sense to do the same for RT with El Toro being right next door.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 03:31:57 PM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
Quote from: "Nitro1118"
I agreed with the article, but as said above, it was way too short. It was a nice little overview of the park and pin pointed some key ideas about Snyder's new regime (such as him toning down additions of new thrill rides).

I agree about food. Except for Nathan's, Wok and Roll, and Granny's, the park lacks any good food places.

What about MAma Flora's and the HBO backlot?  Great if you ask me.  And Wildside is pretty awesome as well.

WE have some good food.  The funnel cakes are up to par, we offer butterfly fries AND kettle korn, not too many parks have both of those.  

Next year la cantina will be open and we will once again have mexican food as well.

There is no need to criticize the food here.  Except for maybe the prices...

Never at at Mama's, but I don't like the HBO backlot at all...

MMMM....funnel cake.

Offline ChillerDude

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 04:03:58 PM »
same here :x i hated the food

http://www.freewebs.com/gstp/
come one come all and join the forums!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 09:03:06 PM »
okay so.. one bad place for food.. and that opinion.  I just dont see why he could badmouth our choices of food.  I feel as though we cover alot of ground in that area.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2006, 09:05:13 PM »
We cover a lot of ground, but the quality isn't there in most places. We need 2-3 nice restaurants that people can sitdown and relax. A place on the Lakefront would be beautiful...

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 09:06:41 PM »
Well, I don't know how much room will be left once BBNP goes up.  That would be nice to sit and look at the lake.. but we do have Best of the West which is rather relaxing.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 09:07:44 PM »
Especially when you sit out on the deck overlooking the lake or even right next to the flume at sunset. Its such a nice setting in my opinion.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 09:12:58 PM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
Well, i don know how much room will be left once BBNP goes up.  That would be nice to sit and look at the lake.. but we do have best of the west which is rather relaxing.

That is true. I think a place near where Time Warp used to be, even if it is small, would be a great addition.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »
I know that there is a section near the bandstand that was all rocks.  That would make something nice but would possibly interrupt the flow of traffic.

I need an overhead view.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 10:29:01 PM »
Prettiest place to eat is BOTW back porch, which actually is very peaceful, and you can feed the fish and turtles all the food you don't eat.  We do have good variety already though, its just so expensive.  Otherwise, just bring back the director chairs at HBO!
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 10:38:23 PM »
I think that our food variety is really good.

We have many restaurants with many choices of food for all ages. I know that my brother is a very picky eater and there is always something for him to eat. I think Great Adventure is doing great.

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2006, 01:36:28 PM »
My favorite place to eat is the Wok & Roll chinese restaurant. That place has the best lo-mein I ever had. I eat there or best of the west every time I go to gadv.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2006, 03:24:43 PM »
^But its $10.99 for stinking Chicken and Brocoli. Why do they need to make it so much? I can go to shop rite and get the same thing for only $2.99.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2006, 03:42:33 PM »
They earn insane money from food and drinks.  Unfortunately, thats the way it is at most chain parks.

However, I think we do have fairly good deals to be found at Gadv if you happen to like that particular item (like the pretzels are a steal IMO).

I totally agree with Nitro1118 though.... Great Adventure needs more sit down style places.  Especially those that get you out of the sun.

Offline NYRfan85

• Koala Canyon
    • http://comicsncoasters.gadv.com/
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2006, 04:05:46 PM »
I also think that the Pizza Fries are a steal too. The're only $3.95 or something, and you get a rather large portion, just covered with sauce and cheese. SOO good! :)
[size=10]Comics 'N Coasters[/size]

LET'S GO RANGERS!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2006, 05:55:34 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
They earn insane money from food and drinks.  Unfortunately, thats the way it is at most chain parks.

However, I think we do have fairly good deals to be found at Gadv if you happen to like that particular item (like the pretzels are a steal IMO).

I totally agree with Nitro1118 though.... Great Adventure needs more sit down style places.  Especially those that get you out of the sun.

most of the deals are like.. spend 30 dollars, get a free hot dog.

or buy 9 drinks and get the 10th free.  Like outrageous stuff that only benifits a large group.  There is so many catches its rediculous.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2006, 11:05:25 PM »
^Are you talking about the coupons you get with the season passes? The only good ones are the BAF passes. Or the half off. The rest are just bogus.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2006, 12:27:44 AM »
Your best off getting your hand stamped, driving over to McDonalds or KFC and have a nice meal that you dont get ripped off for.

Not all chain parks are like that, for example, when I went to IOA the prices were VERY reasonable, Pay like $5 and get chicken and a few other things, not a bad deal huh?

The season pass coupons arent even worth it for the food, unless your REALLY hungry or have a large group as chilled said its not worth it at all!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2006, 12:41:55 AM »
yeah but you have to remember this too.. IOA gets you on your way in.  they dont have to charge as much for food.

let alone.. GADV hires separate companies to come in for food and whatnot right?  Its all up to them which prices they charge.  unless im making that up

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2006, 01:05:24 AM »
Or if you might not be able to go to Wawa anymore. The new rules that shapiro has is really going to make GADV a jail pretty much.

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2006, 02:56:51 AM »
Shapiro better be careful with his moves to raise prices and keep people in the park. He may anger many people and lose alot of attendance. If he plans to do these things then I hope the park is perfectly run. By this I mean all rides are open and in proper working order , and all games & restaurants are open.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2006, 09:24:44 AM »
OK I suggest SF either get a buffet style place like CP or maybe a Friday's or Johnny Rockets. They are all in the park at Cp or right out side in the hotel. I also suggest that they get a restaurant with waiter service.  A lot of destination parks have them and if and when the hotel comes people are going to want this service . When we travel we always go to a waiter service type of place either in the park or outside it and in the general area of SFGADV there is only the one Millstone place.