Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Great Adventure's Last Day of the 2007 Season, 10/28!  (Read 5822 times)

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
Re: Great Adventure's Last Day of the 2007 Season, 10/28!
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 08:58:49 AM »
I had a fun time on Saturday but could have done without the fight that broke out in the middle of the Boardwalk, a ride op having to scream at guests to follow a direction for 5 minutes, yelling from the audience in the middle of show and the trash all over the parking lot. The park was crowded a few weeks ago and everybody behaved ok. I felt like I put up with enough drama on Saturday that I thought today was Wednesday.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 04:21:42 PM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 05:28:43 PM »
I had a fun time on Saturday but could have done without the fight that broke out in the middle of the Boardwalk, a ride op having to scream at guests to follow a direction for 5 minutes, yelling from the audience in the middle of show and the trash all over the parking lot. The park was crowded a few weeks ago and everybody behaved ok. I felt like I put up with enough drama on Saturday that I thought today was Wednesday.

Maybe I am dense.  Ok,  I know I am dense but I don't get why it would remind you of Wednesday.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 10:32:48 PM »
You're not dense. I wasn't clear that I work Monday through Friday. (It already seems like a long week because Saturday reminded me of another day in the city where I work.) I worked a 4 day week last week so it all balances out.

Here's the dialouge from the operator of The Great American Road Race:

Drivers stop your cars; Drivers stop your cars; Drivers. Stop your cars. (long pause) Drivers. Stop your cars; Drivers! Stop your cars. (Put Put Put Put Put) Drivers! STOP your cars! Drivers! Stop. (Put Put Put Put Put Put) Stop. (Put Put Put Put Put Put Put) Stop! (Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put) STOP! Don't you people know the meaning of the word stop! (Put Put Put Put Put He He He) STOP! Stop Your Cars! STOP.

Then it was time to go through the metal detectors.
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 07:16:31 AM »
You're not dense. I wasn't clear that I work Monday through Friday. (It already seems like a long week because Saturday reminded me of another day in the city where I work.) I worked a 4 day week last week so it all balances out.

Here's the dialouge from the operator of The Great American Road Race:

Drivers stop your cars; Drivers stop your cars; Drivers. Stop your cars. (long pause) Drivers. Stop your cars; Drivers! Stop your cars. (Put Put Put Put Put) Drivers! STOP your cars! Drivers! Stop. (Put Put Put Put Put Put) Stop. (Put Put Put Put Put Put Put) Stop! (Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put Put) STOP! Don't you people know the meaning of the word stop! (Put Put Put Put Put He He He) STOP! Stop Your Cars! STOP.

Then it was time to go through the metal detectors.
Those guys on the go carts have a tough job.  They are forever dealing with stuff like that.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 07:35:53 AM »
Yeah. I had to fight every instinct to jump over there. But some random guy running into the track area wouldn't have looked good.
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline lore1991

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2007, 05:25:34 PM »
there were a lot of people the 28?
how were lines?

"arms down, head back, enjoy your ride on KIIIIIINGDA KA"