Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2007 Wood Coaster Poll results  (Read 1697 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
2007 Wood Coaster Poll results
« on: December 06, 2007, 08:59:49 PM »
El Toro is #2, but my poor Rolling Thunder is #156.   >:(

http://www.ushsho.com/woodrollercoasterpollresults2007.htm

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 2007 Wood Coaster Poll results
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 09:52:59 PM »
I'm sure voyage is also very good but it almost makes me sick to see just how close Toro came to the top spot :(  Seriously, it would be nice to see our home park win one of these honors.

Sue, at least RT beat out many other really bad coasters lol.  I would have been really bummed if something like son of beast beat it!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 09:59:38 PM »
Rich and I both did our part and voted El Toro WAY ahead of Voyage.  Of course, Boulder Dash is way better than both of them.  :)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 10:53:53 PM »
That's a solid Top 10 right there...

I really need to try out Tremors.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 05:18:05 AM »
Tremors is definitely worth the trip.  It's my #2 right behind Boulder Dash.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 01:59:30 PM »
Rich and I both did our part and voted El Toro WAY ahead of Voyage.  Of course, Boulder Dash is way better than both of them.  :)

I think you are a little bias there Sue ;-)

Just six match ups shy is very good.  I think it will take a few years for Toro to actually come out ahead of Voyage however.  I think maintenance issues may eventually catch up with Voyage, it is just too big, too powerful.  But the Holiday World lovers will keep it on top no matter how the ride performs.

All of this isn't to say that Voyage is not an excellent ride and deserving of such a position, it is, I just think over time it may not do so well while I think with El Toro's construction it will last a lot longer.

As for the rest of the list, it is a very interesting list.  Not many surprises, but it is interesting how some coasters seem to jostle places every year, like Phoenix, which seems to bounce around.  Amazing, and understandable, how Shivering Timbers has fallen out of favor.  Too bad Cedar Fair hasn't a clue as to how to deal with wooden coasters, even Six Flags gets it right at times (Wild One gets better each year IMO).
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »
....and now Cedar Fair gets to deal with even more wood coasters, including that last place for the fourteenth year in a row dandy...The Grizzly....at California's Great America...and Son of Beast, Rebel Yell, the two Hurlers, Thunder Road at Carowinds....

They've got their work cut out for them.

I, for one, don't see them doing a better job with wood coaster maintenance than did Paramount Parks...but we will soon see.