Industry > Trip Reports and Meeting Plans

Knott's Winter Coaster Solace - March 11th, 2006

(1/2) > >>

sir clinksalot:
http://www.knotts.com/park/calendar/index.asp

--- Quote ---March 11, 2006
Calling all Coaster Enthusiasts! Plan for a coaster filled day including E.R.T. on our most popular rides, Mrs. Knott's Chicken Lunch, Thrill Seeker's Raffle, plus a commemorative T-shirt.
--- End quote ---

The actual details (ERT, Hotel packages, Fridy night Reception) have not been posted yet. I know a few people here have said they were going. We are about 95% for sure going, just awaiting the final schedule to be sure.

Also the West Coast Bash at SFMM is the day after. The details of that event are still not posted either.

What we have always found to be the easiest thing is to get a hotel near Knott's for Friday night, get up WAY too early for Solace. Most of the Solace people usually leave the park during the day because it can get busy. They will usually go to DLR or other local parks.

The evening ERT is usually good and lasts until midnight. Most people don't stay that long.

The best thing to do is to book a different hotel near SFMM as it is about 75 miles between the two parks. This helps you avoid having to make that trek at 6am with little to no sleep the night before.

West Coast Bash is a great event in itself, and was actually better than Solace last year.

sir clinksalot:
Also, for those of you planning on hitting Disneyland they are having some deals right now.

2fer (Visit Disneyland one day, DCA the next) - $59
This is for SoCal residents only, but if anybody wanted to take advantage of this and trusted me with their $$ I'd be more than happy to get the tickets for you and send them your way before Solace. Once you have the tickets they don't care how you got them.

The draw-back is this doesn't allow park hopping on the same day.

2-day Park Hopper - $79
Also a SoCal thing only. Same situation as above would apply. But this would allow you to park hop between Disneyland and DCA on the same day.

2-day Park Hopper (Non SoCal) - $119
As you can see, getting someone from SoCal to buy your ticket pays off BIG TIME.

3-day advance purchase (internet) Park Hopper - $119
A non-SoCal thing. Purchase your tickets online and get 3 days at DL and DCA.

I've also seen non SoCal people being able to go to the park and get somebody to get their SoCal tickets for them. Most people are really cool when it comes to things like that.

I've also known people to get the SoCal prices and the ticket booth CM's won't ask for ID.

And for a third option, SoCal Vons stores will more than likely have the 2fer and parkhopper deals in store. I will check when I go next. They never check for ID on things like that. You would just have to find a Vons near your hotel before you go to the park.

Bubba Z:
That's all great information Gregg.  Thanks!

sir clinksalot:
Just got confirmation that SoCal Vons stores do have the 2fer. Not sure about the parkhopper yet. It may take a few days since the deal only started a couple of days ago.

ChuckR:
Awesome, I am heading to Solace this year and on Thursday and Friday were heading to DL and DCA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version